Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

older b16 manifold on 99 si b16a2 help. Vac lines etc, I am desparate :)

Old 05-23-2003, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Modified by b3435 at 9:08 PM 6/14/2003
Old 05-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: older b16 manifold on 99 si b16a2 help. Vac lines etc, I am desparate :) (b3435)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b3435 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought a intake manifold its supposed to be a jdm b16 obd1 manifold.

I want to put it on my b16a2, but there are some differences.

This is my intake manifold, b16a2 from my 99 si.

As far as I can tell these are only two vac lines missing from the sir 2 manifold.

Would it be okay to just T off the ones the sir 2 has for the extra vacuum lines that my engine has? only T off the smaller ones

Also my b16a2 manifold has this port blocked off.

But on the sir 2 manifold its open. Whats it for? Intake air temp sensor... yours since its obd2 is on the intake tube. How should I block it off? get an obd0 air temp sensor or make a plate or use some good tape since its temporary Can I use it for a vacuum source?

The sir 2 manifold has these two ports on it, a big one and a small one. What are they for? Especially the small one, my b16a2 manifold only has the big one. Are they vacuum lines? they are coolant lines. the smaller one goes to the throttle body.. again this being temporary, just cap it off (the smaller one)

My b16a2 only has the big port.

Will everything else bolt up? I would really appriciate any help, I'm kinda clue less.

BTW, I'm using this manifold to minimize downtime on a direct port nitrous install.

I'll be getting new gaskets, is there anything else I should get?

Its also really dirty inside like grease or something, is this normal for a used manifold? Any suggestioons on how to clean it. Engine cleaner spray maybe? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-24-2003, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: older b16 manifold on 99 si b16a2 help. Vac lines etc, I am desparate :) (b3435)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b3435 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

THe circle on the left in this pic is of the PCV line. It goes from the fitting just to the right of the circle in the picture to the PCV vave inbetween the #1 and #2 intake runners.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b3435 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's for the IAT sensor. I'm not sure why it's blocked off on your stock manifold. If you bought the right o-rig, you might be able to fabricate a plate to go over the hole. If not, maybe try to find a used or broken one from someone just to cap it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b3435 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

Those are coolant lines. THe large one is a bypass that goes down to the thermostat housing. The small one feeds coolant to the fast idle thermo valve, routes to the IACV, then back to the connecting pipe on the block.

What was connected to the fast idle themo valve on your stock manifold?

I cleaned everything with Simple Green. Get inside the runners with a bottle brush to get all the sludge out.

You might check out the last few pictures in my Project B16a link below too. I jsut routed all my new vacuum and coolant lines this week. If you need something specific, let me know and I'll get you a photo.

Old 05-24-2003, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i guess you could t off the big ones but you should have 1 for pcv and 1 for the brake booster

i think 90-91 tegs for the sensor.