Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

H22 Timing belt install - auto tensioner help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 Timing belt install - auto tensioner help!

Here's my question. I have the new timing belt on the cam gears, everything is lined up. The auto tensioner is bolted up, and the tool had been pulled off the tensioner.
My question is, since the timing belt dosn't seam tight right now, I think i need to do something with the long 10mm bolt that sticks through the plastic timing cover. It's tight right now, do I need to loosen it, to get tension on the belt, then tighten it again?

Old 07-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 Timing belt install - auto tensioner help! (Paluce)

you need to loosen the tensioner bolt and spin the crank one round, tighten the tensioner bolt. Then loosen the tensioner bolt again half a turn, spin the crank and only move it three teeth on the cam. Tighten up the tensioner bolt and your done. This is a quick response, im just telling you what I remember off the top of my head from doing a friends h22.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cool thanks for the help. I loosened the belt, turned the crack, it tightened right up. did that twice and it's good now. put the car back together, everything sounds and feels good.

I didn't put my balance shaft belt back in. it's a lot worse than I thought it would be! I'll leave it like this for the next track days I'm going to, but come fall, it's going back in!