Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

H22 Code 15

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 Code 15

Im just having issue after issue, eventually ill have a brand new car lol.

So heres the jiff of the situation. For some time the car when driving down the highway the ignition would just cut out and come right back. I didnt think anything of it since I am in need of a little bit more tuning to get all the kinks worked out. I am not sure if this is a sign of my ICM going bad or not but it does seem to fit the profil.

Now this only happend once and I could not reporduce the code, but on the way home from my girlfriends house the car threw a cel again and the symptoms were at a stop the engine would bounce to around 3k rpm and back down to normal idle, this reving started right as i turn the car on. I checked for vacuum leaks and tried reseting the ECU, no bueno.

After I got the car home I went to get my laptop after turning off the car. After plugging it in to see if i could read the code it just stopped. After that I redid the whole idle, got it running smoother at idle but was unable to get cel to come back.

Now about a week later I finally buttoned down to get my IAB's functioning. Had a few issues with my OBD1 p72 a17 pin, it is giving me a weak 4v power source when it should be giving me a ground. I totally bypassed pin a17 and used pin a20 normally used for evap purge and had to run a relay to invert the polarity.

Ok here is where I think I messed up something in the ignition. While the car was running (read im and idiot) I acidentally shorted out the car and blew what i think is the ags fuse? I replaced fuse and car started right back up. IABs functional and everything. Took the car for a spin and was quite happy with the little bit of torque I picked up on the low end.

And now the cel code 15, I went to bed around 9am after the little test drive and woke up ~3pm. Got in the car and started cranking it and cel 15 pops.

When I turn the car over I get cranking like its trying to turn on but there is no ignition. Starter is good for sure because its doing its job. Does anyone know what i messed up? Was I the cause of this or is it just time to replace the part thats broke?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:08 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: H22 Code 15

did you try looking up the code in the cel section
Old 05-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 Code 15

False alarm, I must have been tired cause I didnt plug my harness all the way into the ECU! The code was ICM tho.