Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Fuel pump not getting power

Old 12-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump not getting power

hey, i been building my car for quite a while now. and im stumped. my fuel pump is not getting power. its getting 12v to the fuel guage. but not to the pump. the relay is fine. but its not getting power to the relay for it to open and close. and 15amp fuse is also fine. could the immobilizer control unit receiver be locked-out or something? because according to this diagram. i think it does have something to do with sending power to the relay. also the main relay 1, which is next to the fuel pump relay is also fine along with the fuse. any suggestions? or input.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel pump not getting power

your having the same problem im having try these things

clean the ground to the thermostat
see if your ecu is bad
Old 12-09-2009, 11:21 PM
New User

hiiiiiii
your post is so useful to have knowledge a about the things which you have mentioned in your post.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dunno what your trying to say ^^^ but.... also i have a new ecu. kpro at that. and maybe the immobilizer in that ecu is in play. no clue. and ill check the ground but im pretty sure i just put in brand new ones. im gonna look into this immobilizer. the stock one and the one on the ecu. see if i cant fix the problem there.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

friend had the same problem and it ended up being the fuel pump relay. check that.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ried to hook the stock ecu up. and nothing. pump wont even spin. k pro is ****ing up. says im online but wont let me ****ing upload anything... re-installed kpro 3 times and uninstalled usb drivers 6 times. nothing... idk wtf is going on.... im gonna check the relay that is next to the fuel pump relay and see if that on is fine. cos i know one leg connects to the on on the fuel pump relay. but i know for a fact the fuel pump relay works cos i put 12v to it and i can here it click. as if it were opening and closing. ughhhh only thing stopping me from getting the car running, as of right now anyways..
Old 12-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i figured it out....... you will laugh. not even gonna lie. i didnt know any better cos i didnt hook the ecu up. but all im gonna say is... 3rd plug.. only had 2 hooked up the whole time.but now it primes. but not getting fuel to the fpr on my firewall. and the green key is flashing with my kpro hooked up. with the stock ecu. does the same thing. no fuel. but no flashing key
Old 12-12-2009, 02:50 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Can you hear the fuel pump prime the fuel system, [run for a few seconds] when ign. key is turned on to run, [not start]?

If so, and there is no fuel at the rail, you are either out of gas or there is a blockage, when was the last time you replaced the fuel filter?

The PGM-FI Main Relay contains the injector relay and the fuel pump relay, injector relay is turned on by a 12V+ ign. lead, [hot in run and start] it supplies power to the injectors, some engine sensor/valves and power to one side of fuel pump relays coil, the other side of fuel pump relays coil gets it ground from the ECU/ECM, the stock immobilizer, [transponder key most likely] prevents the ECU/ECM from supplying that ground to the relay, [stock ECU/ECM], if security key is flashing the ECU/ECM is not reading a programed ign. key and fuel pump will not turn on.
If you can hear the pump prime the fuel system, the immobilizer is not the problem, [new ECU/ECM].

I would check fuel pressure at the fuel filter, if none there I would check it at the pump.

What is the MM&Y of the car? 94
Old 12-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

fuel pump primes. idk where the fuel filter is. im not getting any fuel pressure at my FPR. that i put in. i also had to modify the fuel system. i had to put a return line in. which is now the stock fuel line. and the main supply is the stainless braided line that i hooked up. ECU is fine.pump is fine. relays are fine. fuses are fine. ima have to look at the pump see whats i ****ed up.