Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Bought a "socketed" P28 a while back......few quetsions. SINNER and ih8ricerz come in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a "socketed" P28 a while back......few quetsions. SINNER and ih8ricerz come in!!!

I was looking at uberdatas site and noticed that is says "solder in 2 0.1 uf capacitors @ c51 and c52" Does this apply only for uberdata or to all socketed p28's?

My ECU has neither of these but is jumped at J1 and has the 1k ohm resitor @ R54

please help me out. I have not installed the ECU yet to test run it cause my motor is not done but, I am not going to even attempt it if this is not socketed correctly. Thanx guys
Old 07-02-2004, 05:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Bought a "socketed" P28 a while back......few quetsions. SINNER and ih8ricerz come in!!! (hondag

Even though all ECUs that come with an external ROM from the factory have them, some people will still say you don't need them. I personally install C51 and C52 in every ECU I chip. They are decoupling capacatiors that filter the power supply for the chips. The proper value is .01uf even though it is posted as .1uf on various sites.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bought a "socketed" P28 a while back......few quetsions. SINNER and ih8ricerz come in!!! (hondag

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jim Truett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even though all ECUs that come with an external ROM from the factory have them, some people will still say you don't need them. I personally install C51 and C52 in every ECU I chip. They are decoupling capacatiors that filter the power supply for the chips. The proper value is .01uf even though it is posted as .1uf on various sites.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks. Keep this info coming. I need a book on"How to burn chips, socket ECU's and tune(uberdata) for dummies" I will pay someone to teach me....seriously!
Old 07-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaguyef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was looking at uberdatas site and noticed that is says "solder in 2 0.1 uf capacitors @ c51 and c52" Does this apply only for uberdata or to all socketed p28's?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You cool, you can get away without them.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
please help me out. I have not installed the ECU yet to test run it cause my motor is not done but, I am not going to even attempt it if this is not socketed correctly. Thanx guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

your fine. Once you get the LS chips I got you, you'll be fine. The will be shipped out again, monday via UPS again.... If you really have doubts you can ship me your ecu and I will check it out.

Nick

Old 07-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sinner,

Thanks alot. I trust that it will be OK if you both say it is. Thanks for getting those bin's burnt for me again
Old 07-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaguyef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was looking at uberdatas site and noticed that is says "solder in 2 0.1 uf capacitors @ c51 and c52" Does this apply only for uberdata or to all socketed p28's?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
please help me out. I have not installed the ECU yet to test run it cause my motor is not done but, I am not going to even attempt it if this is not socketed correctly. Thanx guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

your fine. Once you get the LS chips I got you, you'll be fine. The will be shipped out again, monday via UPS again.... If you really have doubts you can ship me your ecu and I will check it out.

Nick

Old 07-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nick

Old 07-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry about the massive repost!... stinking computer