Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Engine Bog on Acceleration???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Bog on Acceleration???

Hey Guys ive got a problem...Today i went to school and started driving but as i drove my car began to bog a lil while accelerating and feeling like it was kinda losing power...not all the way through the rpms but just every once and a while. Then i had to go up a lil hill to get on the freeway and my car seemed to have very little power and was sputtering while i went. So then i was on the freeway and gave it a little rev to listen and the motor dosent sound smooth...almost like a lawn mower but still it was drivable...So anyways i was thinking maybe it was just something stuck and if i give it a lil gas that it will solve it..Nope didnt work it just accelerated then boged but when vtec cracked it was still smooth so anyways i got to school and didnt worry then it was time to leave and it was still doing it...so i got home and took off the valve cover thinking maybe it was a valve problem but everything seemed normal..besides if it was a valve problem wouldnt it be constant instead of every once and a while??? anyways my other thoughts are that it could be a dying spark plug or a fuel problem like dirty injectors so i messed with both of those and turned my car on...seemed ok now so i let it idle for about 10 mins with a little reving and watching. still seemed ok...so as of now problem seemes to be solved but does anyone know what it could be incase it starts up again...all i could thing it could be is valves, injectors or, spark plugs...any help would be great..btw i drive a 95 civic with i/h/e Mini me Swap (D15 with D16 Vtec Head) Chippd P28...but any thoughts anybody??? thanks...
Old 08-11-2006, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Engine Bog on Acceleration??? (sireg6)

plugs, wires, cap & rotor, possibly MAP/TPS. Oh, and O2. Getting a CEL?
Old 08-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Engine Bog on Acceleration??? (notstock93)

sounds like a mis-fire.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Engine Bog on Acceleration??? (notstock93)

yea i am getting a CEL but its been on for about 2 months now...ever since i swaped the vtec head on...it only there because i am using the cx harness and it cant get a signal from it...