Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Dimension for autocad!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dimension for autocad!

Hi, (sorry if it ain't in the good section)
My project may need A LOT of custom parts, engine mount, intake, exhaust,.......................................... ..... (goes on and on) and would like to put as much data as I can before really begining the real stuff.

so what I would need for info are the dimension of about evry parts under the hood (maybe not as precise as complete engine with the piston, rods, valve spring, but at least the dimension, angle... of it so I can draw it)

if you can get me some already made parts on autocad, that would be apprciated.

the best may be pictures with the dimension, maybe their's a place where I can find all of this stuff??

tanx!
Old 03-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dimension for autocad! (JSMC)

hahahaha. Most people are not gonna give information like that up. Try buying the parts or getting the parts from someone. Buy some calipers and other mearusing devices and draw them yourself.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dimension for autocad! (Rtype16)

wow is that national security the dimension of a A/C compressor, or a Power Steering pump, I can't take those dimension because they are still IN my car
Old 03-19-2004, 08:25 PM
i HAS questions ?

It's not worth it to draw every part under the hood, and it'll take you forever by yourself. I saw a CAD file of GM displacement on demand V8 a couple years ago and it was sick. It was just a massive assembly that tons of people made parts for.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSMC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi, (sorry if it ain't in the good section)
My project may need A LOT of custom parts, engine mount, intake, exhaust,.......................................... ..... (goes on and on) and would like to put as much data as I can before really begining the real stuff.

so what I would need for info are the dimension of about evry parts under the hood (maybe not as precise as complete engine with the piston, rods, valve spring, but at least the dimension, angle... of it so I can draw it)

if you can get me some already made parts on autocad, that would be apprciated.

the best may be pictures with the dimension, maybe their's a place where I can find all of this stuff??

tanx!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont see what you need to use autocad for when making an intake or an exhaust bend. Even with autocad you still wouldn't be able to develop the mounts without knowing riding height, spring tensions, and the most efficeint angles for the axles. What do you expect us to give you, a complete engine component list with sizes in 3d and their coordinates in a 3d plane?
Old 03-20-2004, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dimension for autocad! (beta13)

don't need to do it in 3d, just in 4 different vue, front, top, 2 side.

I'm asking this because the enigne/tranny won't be in the same direction as my car is right now.

it's NOT for making the exhaust, it's only to see what kind of trouble I can have when i'll be ready for the real stuff, it's not a work of art I want to do, just an approximation!!