Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Crank no start 2000 accord 2.3

Old 02-20-2016, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank no start 2000 accord 2.3

Hi guys first time poster here,
I have a 2000 accord 2.3 with 288000 on her. I bought the car used with 250 on her and a rebuilt engine and a new water pump (and I'm assuming timing belt). She's been great to me and drove pretty solidly for the past 2 years with just minor upkeep. Enough for me to move 3000 miles away in one trip. Anyways she started leaking oil pretty heavily and was told I needed to replace the VTEC solenoid gaskets and maybe the distributor. I didn't have the cash at the time and drove her home and parked her and she sat for 2 1/2 months. I have another car so it wasn't a big deal. When I called a mechanic to come out they cleaned out the engine compartment to diagnose the leak and replaced the top seal on the solenoid. We jumped her and she started up pretty roughly but she was at least running. The mechanic left and I asked what else I should do and he said just regular tune up stuff. When I went to start later on to charge the battery she cranked but wouldn't turn over. I figured since the battery had been sitting in winter for 2 months that it needed a jump but still wouldn't start when I tried jumping it so I went out and got a new battery, new plugs and wires. She still wouldn't turn on. I figured I might as well replace the whole distributor and did so but nothing. I changed the wires to the recommended config but got worse results then before so I changed them back. Rotor spins on the distributor so I know the timing belt is still working. When I pulled out the NEW spark plugs they were covered in gas and dried them off but still couldn't get anything. I pulled them again and they were once again wet with some grime on 2. Ive checked the fuses and they are all in good shape. I can do simple stuff but I'm getting the feeling I'm just throwing parts and praying. I've done a ton of research but am just not getting anywhere.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-23-2016, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crank no start 2000 accord 2.3

Bump