Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

car wont start!!!!! help!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont start!!!!! help!!!!!!!!!!!

ok here is the deal. brand new motor (built b16)... i went to do the first start on the new motor cranked over fine and started first time, but then the idle dropped off after 5-10 seconds. so go to start it again and does the same thing starts fine but then dies after a few seconds. i did that about 4-5 times all only running for 5-10 seconds.BTW all those times it was throwing a MAP sensor code..... but then it started perfect ran for a good 4-5 mins and was warmed up, still with the map code flashing!! so i shut it off and check for leaks etc, no leaks. i pull the plugs to make sure they are all firing and all look great- also check the timing looks perfect aswell. go to start it up and it does the same thing runs for a few seconds and them dies out, when i went to give it gas it bogs down and still dies. do that 2 or 3 more times with all the same result, it just dies. still throwing the map sensor code. now it wont even run for a few seconds it just cranks and cranks. i put in a half tank of new gas with the same result also tried some "startup fluid" that you spray into the TB but no luck. and did the "ghetto" injector test with a screw driver to the ear with some one cranking the motor, they where all "clicking". also pulled all the wires and checks those all where firing. any one have any ideas???? thanks for your help
its a new map sensor too. but even if it was the map sensor it should still run, just like crap

new cap/rotor
new msd digital 6 w/ blaster coil
Old 04-21-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Re: car wont start!!!!! help!!!!!!!!!!! (DragInteg)

Check the voltage on the sensor plug. That should be a .5, If your car is throwing the MAP sensor, also check piping!!. My guess would (even though the sensor is "new") replace it!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 12:09 PM

Default Re: car wont start!!!!! help!!!!!!!!!!! (DragInteg)

loose or faulty electrical connections at distributor,coil,alternator/not enough fuel reaching the injectors/vacum leak somewhere..could be any of those,did you hook up all the vac lines to the right places?