Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Break Lights/Starter

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break Lights/Starter

i have a 95 honda civic dx and me and my buddies just threw in a used 95 ex tranny. and ever since i did that all my brake lights went out. my regular lights, that light up when u turn on ur light, all still work, but when i step on the brakes, the brake lights don't get bright or light up. I changed all the bulbs already, and don't know if it's because of he tranny or what?.....if u guys can help me, then that'll be great. Also my starter won't work if i leave my lights on without the car running for just a few minutes. all you can hear is the starter making that clicking noise. can you guys tell me why? or how to fix it, cause i'm tired of push starting my car.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Break Lights/Starter (ej2vtec)

did you forget to put the tranny ground on?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Break Lights/Starter (Mike K)

I DID, I HAVE THE RANNY GROUND ON, BUT THE BREAK LIGHTS STILL DON'T WORK, AND IF I LEAVE THE CAR LIGHTS ON FOR LIKE A MINUTE OR TWO, THEN THE STARTER WON'T START, AND THEN I NEED TO PUSH START IT FOR IT TO WORK AGAIN....ALLL I'D HEAR IS A CLICKING NOISE....LIKE IT'S TRYING TO START BUT IT WON'T....IT USED TO THAT NOISE, WHEN YOU HAVE A LOW BATTERY AND THE CAR CAN BARELY START UP, LIKE IT'S ALMOST DEAD...YEAH IT USED TO DO THAT, BUT THEN IT DOESN'T N E MORE...AFTER I PUSH START IT, THEN EVERYTHING GOS BACK TO NORMAL, WITH THE STARTER OFCOURSE AS IF NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH IT, I COLD TURN IT OFF AND TURN THE CAR BACK ON AND IT WOULD, SO WHAT THE PROBLEM? BREAK LIGHTS, THERE'S STILL SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEM....NEED HELP BAD, DONT WANTO BE DRIVIN AROUND FRESNO WITH NO WORKING BREAK LIGHTS.