Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Blackworks Racing Products

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Blackworks Racing Products

Okay, now i am FULLY aware of the bad reputation this company has here on h-t, but id like to at least give some of my personal input on their products that i own/have experienced. I DD a 1993 Integra, bone stock. I have a buddy who is a BWR dealer, and he sells the parts to me at cost so obviously the price is good.

PRODUCTS I OWN:
-BWR Full size Aluminum Radiator: The quality is good, welds are good, printing of "Blackworks" is a bit difficult to read (oh no ), but im very happy. no leaks, cracks, creaks, etc. well worth the purchase imo.

-BWR Dizzy side cam seal: Stopped the leak, as expected i used RTV, but once again, good quality aluminum, good choice of colors, well worth the purchase.

PRODUCTS IVE EXPERIENCED:
-BWR Full coilovers for an EG Coupe: I looked them over before they were installed, they looked to be of good quality, well built and sturdy (i didnt have anything to compare them to however) and once they were installed they seemed to have a good balance of ride quality and handling performance. They have not been on for very long, give or take 8 months, but the guy who has them is very happy and has not had any problems.

-BWR LS-Vtec Kit: Machined aluminum, braided lines, metal fittings, typical good quality stuff that you SHOULD fine on an LS-V kit, everything went together properly and fitted well, no leaks as of yet (about 4 months) and i personally will be buying one in the near future.

-BWR Hood risers: ...aluminum blocks with hoies in them. cant really go wrong here. ive ridden in a car that pushed 140ish with them on, no issues.

-BWR Brake booster delete: Another aluminum plate, not much that can go wrong here. Fits well, no leaks. Used on a mid 12sec drag car and several of my friends' DDs with no issues.

-BWR Hydraulic handbrake: Used on the afore-mentioned drag car, no issues. Fits well, usual pain in the a** hydraulic handbrake install.

-BWR Slim fans: Used on the afore-mentioned drag car and several DD's, no issues or complaints after roughly a year.

-BWR Fuel pressure gauge/pressure regulator: Once again, cant really go wrong on something this simple. Easy install, works well, no leaks.

-BWR LCA's: The metal itself is of good quality, however the bushings and fittings are not up to the stress a drag car or an auto-x car put them to. I dare say they would be fine for a DD, but cant confirm.

-BWR Camber kits: Its a camber kit, simple and easy. They do what theyre supposed to do, never had any issues.

So thats about it. I know BWR has been talked about alot on here (mostly bad) so i figured i'd support a company whose product has always worked for me. Granted, these are my personal experiences and they may differ from someone else's. But i personally would highly reccomend BWR if they have the part you're looking for.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Blackworks Racing Products

i recently started a thread asking about their products. why didn't you post up in there instead of starting a new one? Thanks for the info though....

https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-misc-15/blackworks-racing-parts-3158186/
Old 07-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I completely forgot to search, ill copy/paste it over there. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

seems to be a company similar to BLOX. not a fan of either but if the stuff is functioning then not much else to be said.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there products look nice and if its fuctions then why not buy it.In the Netherlands there selling black works products to.and people over here are crazy about it.