Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

b18c wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18c wont start

Here the problem, its a 95 gsr, that has pnp done, itr pistons and cams, and chipped p72 its my buddies car, so after it warms up we drive it around, then after 5 minutes the car dies, and we are unable to get it started,it had no spark. We had to wait like 20 mins until it cools down in order for it to fire up again. The problem comes repeatly like that, we figure its a distributor problem, so we swapped distributors, and the car drove fine. But before we swapped distributors we swapped the coil, and it did the same thing, so it isn't the coil. Next, we tried to swap out the chip thing in the distributor with wires that plug into it, not sure what is it call ICM maybe??? The stupid thing is that he didn't line up the distributor when he tried to bolt back his distributor along with my ICM and he cranked the motor, it made the distributor rocked a bit, thinking that he bent the slot at the end so we switch it with my distributer. Then we bolted it back on but this time it wont start, but we're getting fuel pressure and spark. We thought we reversed the slot at the end thus, wrong timing so we switch it to the opposite side. Now bolt it back again, its not starting, but gettin fuel and spark. Now we dont have a clue on whats wrong, so we returned my distributor along with the orginal ICM that belongs in it and bolted it back into the motor, still did the same thing, fuel pressure and spark. We thought we might of reversed the slot at the end, and we reversed it to the opposite, and still doesen't start, but the same getting fuel pressure and spark. We know the car is getting fuel because he has a b&m fuel gauge mounted on the fuel filter, and we checked the spark. Will a weak spark cause the car not to fire up? Necessary to change plugs? the plugs are new. As long it has spark through the spark plugs its good right? Or did we damaged something when we reversed the slot on the distributor causing it to spark 180 degrees opposite? The thing we can think of now is the ECU which is chipped for higher redline and vtec... Anyone know if 92-95 or 94-95 civic or integra ecu will work if its NON-VTEC? All we want to test to see if it fires up. Any other things we could look out for? thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 01:28 PM

Default Re: b18c wont start (HKSone)

up it goes
Old 06-24-2003, 09:32 PM

up again.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member