Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

XYZ, D2 and K-Sport - the true story

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XYZ, D2 and K-Sport - the true story

I am in the car parts(especially tuning) wholesale business. We are the exclusive EBC and Goodridge dealers in Romania and we also are official dealers for Powerflex, Bilstein, Tarox, and AP. As you can see we are accustomed with only serious suppliers.
I am writing this article hoping that no one will have the same bad luck as we did.
Because I received a lot of advertising emails from XYZ, I decided to give XYZ a try because I needed a suspension that was only available from them. I ordered 4 suspensions and a brake kit. The delivery time was supposed to be 7-10 days but they didnt respected it and the order was ready for dispatch after 21 days!!!. One of the suspensions did not fit and one of the brake kits came with the wrong bolt pattern.

I wrote to my sales agent and after sending pictures and making a lot of measurements during a whole week, she gave me the solution: the return of the items is not accepted because is not their fault they did not fit. The only argument they had was:”we sold these to a lot of customers and they dind not had any problems with them”

I modified the brake kit and fitted it but after 100km the rotors started to vibrate and when we checked them, the aluminium hats were deformed and not because of the heat but because the material was too weak for this type of application. I contacted the sales agent but the answer came a lot faster this time: improper usage, no warranty.

I advise all potential buyers to stay away from the 3 Taiwanese brands: XYZ, D2 and K-Sport, they are all made in the same factory, all parts are interchangeable and all share the same low quality and absolutely no warranty.
- The package and the paint quality of their products is very high but at a closer look you will recognize a cheap “made in China” design who does not worth the money(480$/coilover and 780$/330mm brake kit).
- The suspension hardness is adjustable but the difference between the hardest and softest settings is imperceptible and the shocks are very fragile(after only 3 trackdays there was a lot of play on the front shocks on a MK5 GTI).
- The diameter of the calipers` pistons in their brake kits is the same for all cars and in many cases they are a downgrade instead of an upgrade, the pistons surface being smaller that the one from the oem caliper. The 6 pot caliper has is in fact a 2 piston caliper. Despite the fact it has 3 pistons/side, 2 of them have 35mm diameter and the third has only 25mm. The total area is 2415mm˛ which is smaller than the area of almost any oem caliper(a standard Golf MK5 caliper has 57mm diameter piston with an area of 2551mm)
The following users liked this post:
Old 06-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: XYZ, D2 and K-Sport - the true story

Well it suits you right for buying a 13" brake kit for $780 and expecting it to be of decent quality. I've sold discs that cost more than that each!

As for the brakes being an upgrade or down. You're only looking at the piston sizes. What happened to taking into account the larger diameter of the disc? That add to the torque output.

Also the suspension, I'm sure that the same settings are totally different from one damper to the other! Hopefully you paid with CC and can get a chargeback.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: XYZ, D2 and K-Sport - the true story

Larger diameter wouldn't matter if the hats are deformed. I'm glad I never purchased any of their products.