Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Sway Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bar?

I recently wrecked my 2000 EX. I am in the midst of putting it back together and I noticed that some more parts are damaged. For starters, my sway bar doesn't line up now that I put a new LCA on the passenger side. BTW I just ran off of the road and pushed my passenger wheel towards the rear of the car. It also did major damage to the core support. None of the wheels were damaged. Any ways, so I put the new LCA on and the sway bar didn't line up. So my question is should I buy a new OEM unit or an aftermarket one? I suck at searching the internet for parts for my car.
My set-up on the car as far as suspension stuff is SK2 Pro C coilovers, SK2 rear LCA's, Megan rear tie bar, and soon to purchase SK2 front upper control arms. I plan on doing a mix of road racing/drag racing. But I'm more in to road racing. Is there any sway bars out there that are good for the 2000 EX or should I just keep it stock? Any input would be great.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sway Bar? (TurboEK9Coupe)

Are you talking about front arm or rear arm. If front get OEM. For rear there are a bunch. Omni, Skunk2, Function7, Blox, prob alot more. I hear the Functions are very nice. link to function http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...photo

I have a 22mm CTR rear swaybar and ASR subframe brace and its awesome.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sway Bar? (alphalanos)

Yea I was talking about the front lca. So the OEM is the way to go for the front? I just wanted to make sure not to spend money I didn't have to. Thanks
Old 09-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OEM front swaybars are great if u already have LCAs that can accept a swaybar (which u do)

Check it out:
http://www.jdmuniverse.com/for...ybars
Old 09-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sway Bar? (xd69)

So should I go with the Integra Type-R front sway bar? I just need to get the end links for the Integra.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Banned

I'd be very very surprised if the ARB itself is bent. If it's not lining up then 10 to 1 it's somethiong else bent...
Old 09-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sway Bar? (johnlear)

Well what else could be bent? I put the new LCA on and the wheel looks to be about 1/2" more to the rear than the drivers side. The pass side is the one that I replaced. I am having the core support installed this week and the frame straightened as well. I am hoping that the body not being square right now will pull the right wheel back into place. I am also replacing the rack and pinion cause that took a big hit when the wheel got pushed back.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the front subframe section that the lca's bolt to may be damaged. deff have the body shop put it on the frame machine and measure all the points the software gives them and wheel base. they can find out whats bent.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboEK9Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well what else could be bent?

I am having the core support installed this week and the frame straightened as well.

I am hoping that the body not being square right now will pull the right wheel back into place. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You've more or less answered your own question already, i.e. it's most probably the chassis. I'm not familiar with the specifics of your suspension / car, but it could also be (i.e. chassis and/or...) the longitudinal locating member in the suspension (i.e. radius rod etc).

PS What do you mean by "core support"?
Old 09-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Sway Bar? (johnlear)

core support- radiator support, same thing.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sway Bar? (JSPECSIR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSPECSIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">core support- radiator support, same thing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. Same thing.

The body shop is almost done with the replacement of my core support and the frame damage. I will try and post some pictures of my damage tonight. Hopefully the wheel will come back into alignment. I have to borrow my friends crash beam so the body shop can make sure that the body work is straight. I no longer need one due to my intercooler size.