How to convert to 5 lugs - Honda-Tech


How to convert to 5 lugs

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
dragonkx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: merced, ca, usa
Posts: 119
Default How to convert to 5 lugs

I have a 95 gsr, it has a 4 lug and i want to convert it to 5 lug so i can put on type r rims. do I buy a conversion kit or get a like a rsx disks, etc.
dragonkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #2
Solbros Owns Me
 
Evs-One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA
Posts: 14,460
Default Re: How to convert to 5 lugs (dragonkx)

Most people just weld on the new hub and call it a day
Evs-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NorCal*
Posts: 469
Default

hmm...how do you really do it? i'm trying to convert my 4 lug into a 5 lug without spending as much money on a ITR conversion.

It be nice if someone just listed the parts I needed.
NeverLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (5)
 
BlueIntegraBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Hawaii --> Arizona
Posts: 23,968
Default Re: (NeverLift)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverLift
hmm...how do you really do it? i'm trying to convert my 4 lug into a 5 lug without spending as much money on a ITR conversion.

It be nice if someone just listed the parts I needed.
By the time you buy all the parts new, you'll end up paying just as much as the conversion, if not a little more. On the plus side, everything will be new.

1. Hubs (fr and rr)
2. Calipers brackets (ft and rr)
3. Calipers (fr and rr)
4. Wheel bearings (ft)
5. Lower balljoints (might as well)
6. Rotors (fr and rr)
7. Pads (ft and rr)
8. Rims
BlueIntegraBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NorCal*
Posts: 469
Default Re: (BlueIntegraBoy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIntegraBoy

By the time you buy all the parts new, you'll end up paying just as much as the conversion, if not a little more. On the plus side, everything will be new.

1. Hubs (fr and rr)
2. Calipers brackets (ft and rr)
3. Calipers (fr and rr)
4. Wheel bearings (ft)
5. Lower balljoints (might as well)
6. Rotors (fr and rr)
7. Pads (ft and rr)
8. Rims
but i heard there is an easier way. like an "adapter" or some sort. is there? if so, explain.
NeverLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NorCal*
Posts: 469
Default

anyone?
NeverLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #7
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NorCal*
Posts: 469
Default Re: (NeverLift)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverLift
anyone?
NeverLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #8
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
EJ1_Ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: GangLand, MN, USA
Posts: 814
Default Re: (NeverLift)

you can also purchase prelude 5 lug conversion. I believe they are the same lug pattern. Might be cheaper to go that way.
EJ1_Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #9
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NorCal*
Posts: 469
Default Re: (EJ1_Ex)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ1_Ex
you can also purchase prelude 5 lug conversion. I believe they are the same lug pattern. Might be cheaper to go that way.
i dont want to spend more $300. as i stated before is there any type of "adapter"?
NeverLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Fast Frankie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: union city, ca, USA
Posts: 24
Default

Here is someone who offers a 4 - 5 lug adapter. Not really in your price point but I've heard there are cheaper. You should search around...

http://www.skulte.com/index.php/cPath/21
Fast Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #11
be professional
 
Targa250R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 14,842
Default Re: How to convert to 5 lugs (dragonkx)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonkx
I have a 95 gsr, it has a 4 lug and i want to convert it to 5 lug so i can put on type r rims. do I buy a conversion kit or get a like a rsx disks, etc.
You can piece it together easily with new parts, or you can buy a conversion kit full of used parts needing replacement for roughly the same amount of money. Your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evs-One
Most people just weld on the new hub and call it a day
You don't weld anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ1_Ex
you can also purchase prelude 5 lug conversion. I believe they are the same lug pattern. Might be cheaper to go that way.
You don't use Prelude/Accord hubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverLift
i dont want to spend more $300. as i stated before is there any type of "adapter"?
Hub adapters should not be used. They cause more headaches than doing it the right way. If you don't want to spend more than $300, then you cannot afford to do this without half-assing it so I suggest that you forget it altogether.
Targa250R is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
converting my 98 ls from 4 lug to 5 lug HondaMan234285 Acura Integra 8 05-21-2014 08:23 AM
4 to 5 lug conversion? rawdknee Honda Prelude 5 01-16-2011 06:10 PM
5 lug conversion Simpson For Sale 0 07-31-2004 09:07 PM
5 lug brakes ls converted...(five lug) topsekret For Sale 5 05-11-2004 11:45 AM
5 Lug ITR Conversion? X-Scott Tech / Misc 2 08-08-2001 08:04 PM


Tags
4lugs, 5lugs, 92hondaaccord, accord, cheap, civic, conversion, convert, converting, honda, integra, kit, kits, lug, lugs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:52 AM.



Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-Tech.com content, comments, or advertising. Honda-Tech.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-Tech.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.