Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

H&R Sport with Koni STR.T on 1996 Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R Sport with Koni STR.T on 1996 Civic?

I'm new to this forum stuff but I have a stock 1996 honda civic dx and I want to lower it. Not too low just enough to get that aggressive look and still have daily driveability. I was thinking of going with the H&R Sport lowering spring which lowers supposedly 1.5"-1.8" paired with Koni Str.t orange shocks. Is that a good setup? Anyone with this setup? Koni says the STR.T's can be used as OEM replacements or lowering shocks up to a maximum of 2". Anyone have any reviews and opinions on these products? Pics would be nice. TIA! Here's my stock ej6: Name:  019.JPG
Views: 2450
Size:  310.5 KB
Old 11-21-2014, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: H&R Sport with Koni STR.T on 1996 Civic?

Read the suspension sticky. This stuff has been covered over a million times.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by redlinetuning
Read the suspension sticky. This stuff has been covered over a million times.
Can you send me a link then? I'm looking for anybody with this setup and their reviews on these products. I've been looking for while and couldnt find any solid info other than koni being a good brand Also I want pics of people with their civic on H&R sport lowering springs because I want to see how it looks like on my civic and how low it sits..
Old 11-22-2014, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump.. please someone help.. heard these leak oil
Old 11-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

Every shock leaks sooner or later. They're wear items. If you're going Koni, spend a little extra and go with the Sports. More room to grow and a great product in general. You can also use the circlips on them to lower the car a little, even on stock springs.

Never been much of a fan of Tein, just nothing impressive about their products to me. Stick with H&R or Eibach for springs.

Actually now that I typed that, just go Koni/Ground Control. The packages that are available from the vendors here are a good value for what you get. If you're planning to keep the drop reasonable you can skip the top hats and go with off the shelf rates to save a few bucks.

... And read the stickies.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spAdam
Every shock leaks sooner or later. They're wear items. If you're going Koni, spend a little extra and go with the Sports. More room to grow and a great product in general. You can also use the circlips on them to lower the car a little, even on stock springs.

Never been much of a fan of Tein, just nothing impressive about their products to me. Stick with H&R or Eibach for springs.

Actually now that I typed that, just go Koni/Ground Control. The packages that are available from the vendors here are a good value for what you get. If you're planning to keep the drop reasonable you can skip the top hats and go with off the shelf rates to save a few bucks.

... And read the stickies.
I know I know. Just seeing if anyone actually used this product and has had good results with it on lowering springs.. Because I'm on a budget. But I'll just save up for the koni sports.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ace48
Can you send me a link then? I'm looking for anybody with this setup and their reviews on these products. I've been looking for while and couldnt find any solid info other than koni being a good brand Also I want pics of people with their civic on H&R sport lowering springs because I want to see how it looks like on my civic and how low it sits..
Serious? The sticky thread is at the parent level of this forum.