Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

KW Suspension??

Old 09-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KW Suspension??

Whats up everyone, any of you guys have kw suspension?? I heard pretty good reviews on it but i just need some more input before i order them. Leme me know how your experience with these are!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: KW Suspension??

they make ST which is what i run on my em1....badass stuff
Old 09-29-2010, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I run variant 2's on my Integra. So far they are excellent for streetability, i havent tracked them yet though. The rates are 350 front (progressive) 450 rear (progressive) on mine (thats what the engineer at KW said anyways).

The damping is very very good. The coilovers arent unbearable on the street like some brands that throw on some stiff as springs and pay no attention to the dampers, adn then call that a track setup. I can make 1 3/4 turn of the adjustment **** (i call 1 soft and 7 stiff) so i call them 7 way adjustable, this is the rebound mind you, not the compression. I run the front on 2 and the rear on 3. Im not sure but i think the instructions online said to not run them on full soft nor hard. So far the have been good on the street and the streets here suck, they are horrible. Im not saying you wont feel anything, but they are much much better than say the KSport i had on my previous car.

Name:  DSC00898.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  457.6 KB

Name:  DSC00858.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  421.2 KB
Old 09-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I had V3's on my old EG and DC, amazing coilovers. Way nicer than cars with TEIN or the knock offs ie: K-sport, Skunk2 etc

Even the V1's were nice when the shop manager took me for a ride in his car so smooth on the road.

The V3's worked wicked on the track and on the street, real easy to adjust just like the guy above me said.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ it seems like the shock body is super tall and that the suspension would be ridding on the bumpstop when the car is on the ground jst my .2 cents.
BUT never ridden on a car with those.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well the shock does not have independent height adjustment like many others, so it seems very long because of that. All the springs have preload on them, when i installed them on the car like that (all the way down) i was tucking tires all around. The car has been raised more since those pictures. Sitting on a finger gap in the front and 1/2 a finger in the rear and i have to raise it more still because the roads here suck dick. My WS2s resonator is scraping on everything.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since KW shocks are made by a little known company called KONI, why not get Koni/GC for less?

Edit* I'm gonna have to recant my statement.

Originally Posted by CRX Lee
Some of the KW suspensions were KONI in the earlier days but I heard this week that their newer applications likely are not. At first, KW was simply a reseller who specced their own version of springs and dampers and sold them under their own name. Their cheaper kits used dampers made by a lower end Spanish company and their higher end stuff was made by KONI. I was told that KW specced everything themselves and the KONI Engineering team didn't care for it particularly but that is teh way it goes. I have heard that maybe KW has bought a small German damper company now and makes their own dampers. I don't know if they still outsource their springs or if they bought a spring company too.
Still Koni/GC > KW
Old 10-01-2010, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I might later on buy swift springs and assist springs and throw them on. The springs are very long though, 12" front and 11" rear, one or the other, either way they are huge.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

KW>koni