Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Are EG and DC2 Suspension arms/LCA's/Knuckles/forks/hubs 100% identical?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are EG and DC2 Suspension arms/LCA's/Knuckles/forks/hubs 100% identical?

I need to know if the suspension arms (upper A-arm, Knuckle, forks, LCA) are 100% the same between 92-95 Civic hatch and 94-01 Integra? I know that you can bolt the Integra suspension arms on the Civic's, but are the all the components virtually identical? Are there any differences or are the castings exactly the same? Are the arms/forks/knuckle/hub from one thicker or robust than the other in any way?

Could you for example use the upper and lower arms from one but combine them with the knuckle/hub and fork from the other to complete a set at one corner?

the reason I ask is that currently on my hatch I have the entire suspension (all arms, forks, knuckles, etc) from my wrecked Integra, but I think that one of the right front suspension components is slightly bent due to the fact that the alignment is completely off (and I know it's not a typical alignment issue).

Please inform if you know, thanks.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Are EG and DC2 Suspension arms/LCA's/Knuckles/forks/hubs 100% identical?

everything is the same except the upper a-arm.
i have everything from a 97 integra except the a-arms which i already had camber kit for my civic.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:49 AM
I drive a G35, it's silver, surprised?

Default Re: Are EG and DC2 Suspension arms/LCA's/Knuckles/forks/hubs 100% identical?

Originally Posted by reyracerx
everything is the same except the upper a-arm.
i have everything from a 97 integra except the a-arms which i already had camber kit for my civic.
That's incorrect. The EG DX, LX, CX, etc uses a different front knuckles than the DC Integra. However, the EG Si may be the same as the DC.

I tried installing my DC brake calipers onto my EG DX sedan and that's when I realized that the knuckle couldnt accept the larger DC brakes.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They are all the same but there is 2 verison of civic front knuckles due to the small brake setup. The SI and the Teg are the same front nuckles. the CX and DX and VX are different.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^Yea the eg SI and EX are the same not the dx,cx,or vx.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CARMA_626
That's incorrect. The EG DX, LX, CX, etc uses a different front knuckles than the DC Integra. However, the EG Si may be the same as the DC.

I tried installing my DC brake calipers onto my EG DX sedan and that's when I realized that the knuckle couldnt accept the larger DC brakes.
thats why you replace everything. knucke with spindle break caliper and disc...everything.
im rolling on all integra suspension.

also if you notice between the civic and integra knuckle the integra knuckle pushes the wheel out more giving a better looking stance.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for all the replies. This might be a problem for me then. My Civic is a 93 CX and currently ALL suspension and brake components are from my 99 Integra GSR. However I think that one of the right front arms must be bent or something due to severe alignment/camber issues. I was thinking of just replacing some of the (GSR)components that are on the car with some of the spare CX parts (UCA, LCA, Fork, Knuckle, etc), but now I am not so sure I can mix and match the components if they are not identical. If it turns out the Knuckle is the problem, then I assume that my GSR brakes could not bolt of the hub/knuckle of the CX?

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:33 AM
I drive a G35, it's silver, surprised?

Originally Posted by ILUVTEC
Thanks for all the replies. This might be a problem for me then. My Civic is a 93 CX and currently ALL suspension and brake components are from my 99 Integra GSR. However I think that one of the right front arms must be bent or something due to severe alignment/camber issues. I was thinking of just replacing some of the (GSR)components that are on the car with some of the spare CX parts (UCA, LCA, Fork, Knuckle, etc), but now I am not so sure I can mix and match the components if they are not identical. If it turns out the Knuckle is the problem, then I assume that my GSR brakes could not bolt of the hub/knuckle of the CX?

Thanks.
That's right, the GSR brakes will not fit onto the CX knuckles. You'll have to find knuckles from any 94-01 Integra.

As for the upper/lower control arms - I'm pretty sure the EG/DC are interchangable. But just to be safe, if you can pull off your parts and compare to the donor car.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I need help on something. I have a 96 dx hatch. I'm looking to drop a k series motor in it soon, so I purchased a dc2 subframe long with the lca. I was wondering, if i were to say use 99 si front knuckles will it bolt right up to the integra lca? what kind of forks should i be using? upper control arms?
Old 03-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

92-93 Si have the same calipers and rotors as the other 92-93 3dr's
Old 03-22-2010, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3k1n
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I need help on something. I have a 96 dx hatch. I'm looking to drop a k series motor in it soon, so I purchased a dc2 subframe long with the lca. I was wondering, if i were to say use 99 si front knuckles will it bolt right up to the integra lca? what kind of forks should i be using? upper control arms?

Yes.

Any EG/DC/EK(non-EM1).

96-00.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Non abs eg civic ex and 94-01 Integra RS use the same spindle and caliper
Abs equipped eg civic ex use the same spindle and caliper as 94-01 abs integras.

Only difference between the spindles mentioned above are the abs spindles have holes tapped in them for abs sensors where as the non abs spindles off the EG ex and DC rs still have the spots but they are not tapped. This goes only for ex civics not lower trim levels. So yes they are interchangable. I just swapped 95 non abs EG civic ex spindles onto my abs integra b/c my wheel bearings were shot and they were given to me and im deleteing abs anyway
Old 03-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are aftermarket front LCA worth the money? or would say, just replacing the bushings in a oem LCA be just as good, without regards to the minor weight savings?
Old 05-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am new to honda tech but very into hondas and have a strange question then about my wheel hubs and rotors.
and i cant post my own thread about this since im not a full member yet

I recently got a 94 civic eg coupe with a b18c1 which im inrediably please with the engine but the hubs were in a terrible state and just getting worse. Driver side doesnt allow wheel to sit flush and passanger side has only bolts. Not to mention the driver side hubs is smaller then the passanger side by .5 inch. So is the driver side (5 inch) a be series hub? so i went to my friends parts eg hatch and took his wheel hubs off of it and those 2 are the same size as the passanger one i have on my eg coupe already. Then so i ordered drilled and slotted rotors for my 94 non abs coupe and they came out to not work on the new hubs i got but only work on the smaller driver side hub. so i then went to a junkyard to get to the bottom of these ridiculilsly confusing hubs and all the eg coupes had the big rotors like i got off my buddys hatch.

So did they send me bseries rotors or something? and do you know if the axles will fit into the eg bigger rotors or if i need to get gsr hubs?

sorry if it came out confusing when i wrote but even my buddy whos a mechanic for a honda dealership was confused as hell. Any knowledge would be amazing thank you.

Teagin Lopez
NwGsrGiggen
Old 05-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nwgsrgiggen
I am new to honda tech but very into hondas and have a strange question then about my wheel hubs and rotors.
and i cant post my own thread about this since im not a full member yet

I recently got a 94 civic eg coupe with a b18c1 which im inrediably please with the engine but the hubs were in a terrible state and just getting worse. Driver side doesnt allow wheel to sit flush and passanger side has only bolts. Not to mention the driver side hubs is smaller then the passanger side by .5 inch. So is the driver side (5 inch) a be series hub? so i went to my friends parts eg hatch and took his wheel hubs off of it and those 2 are the same size as the passanger one i have on my eg coupe already. Then so i ordered drilled and slotted rotors for my 94 non abs coupe and they came out to not work on the new hubs i got but only work on the smaller driver side hub. so i then went to a junkyard to get to the bottom of these ridiculilsly confusing hubs and all the eg coupes had the big rotors like i got off my buddys hatch.

So did they send me bseries rotors or something? and do you know if the axles will fit into the eg bigger rotors or if i need to get gsr hubs?

sorry if it came out confusing when i wrote but even my buddy whos a mechanic for a honda dealership was confused as hell. Any knowledge would be amazing thank you.

Teagin Lopez
NwGsrGiggen
What trim is your coupe and what trim was the hatch?

Ex coupe, si hatch and dc integra share the same knuckle, caliper and rotors.

None si hatches and dx coupe share the same knuckles, caliper and rotors. These are smaller.

Im guessing the hatch you got the parts from is an si since you said the hatch hubs were same size as your pasanger hubs which you said was bigger.
You should've gotten rotors for either an ex coupe, si hatch or any trim dc integra.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is what trips me out is i got them off a dx hatch back and those are the bigger hubs. I even went to junk yards looking on sohc civics non si and all those were bigger hubs too.
I didnt get to look at any integras which i should have.

My civic is a ex but when i purchased it has the one smaller hub and the one bigger one. which i would have thought the bigger one to be the integra or si but its somehow seeming like the smaller one might be the si.
Maybe cause the full disk brakes..
Old 05-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nwgsrgiggen
This is what trips me out is i got them off a dx hatch back and those are the bigger hubs. I even went to junk yards looking on sohc civics non si and all those were bigger hubs too.
I didnt get to look at any integras which i should have.

My civic is a ex but when i purchased it has the one smaller hub and the one bigger one. which i would have thought the bigger one to be the integra or si but its somehow seeming like the smaller one might be the si.
Maybe cause the full disk brakes..
That doesn't sound right. It doesn't matter if it has rear disc brake or not, ex, si and dc integra share the same.

The person who had the coupe before you must have mixed and match parts.
You're better off getting complete(knuckle, spindle hub, caliper, rotors) left and right knuckles from a dc or ex coupe even si hatch if you can find one and slap them on your coupe.

Dx are smaller.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright thanks a lot, that's exactly what I did so now they aren't mixed and matched
Old 02-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 93 DX. Im a little confused. Some D-Bag Before me F'd up the brake setup. sorry for bringing up an old thread but do Si/Ex Civics and DC Tegs Have the same rotor size as DX/VX/CX/LX? If I purchased 94-01 Integra Rotors and they fit does that mean I have the DC/EH3 Knuckle? I also Purchased 94-01 Integra pads and they don't fit? I'm guessing I have the DX calipers? The Calipers I have Say Nissin on them.

Last edited by Swifty92; 02-27-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: added Information
Old 02-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Swifty92
I have a 93 DX. Im a little confused. Some D-Bag Before me F'd up the brake setup. sorry for bringing up an old thread but do Si/Ex Civics and DC Tegs Have the same rotor size as DX/VX/CX/LX? If I purchased 94-01 Integra Rotors and they fit does that mean I have the DC/EH3 Knuckle? I also Purchased 94-01 Integra pads and they don't fit? I'm guessing I have the DX calipers? The Calipers I have Say Nissin on them.
92-95 EX/Si ABS has 10.25" front brakes (same knuckle as 94-01 Integra)
92-95 CX, VX, DX, Si non-ABS has 9.5" front brakes (different knuckle from 94-01 Integra)

The Integra rotors will physically mount onto the 9.5" brake knuckle, but you won't be able to fit Integra calipers onto the knuckle. If the pads you bought were too big, then you have the 9.5" front brakes.

Note: The EX ABS and Si ABS models have the same brakes as 94-01 Integra (with ABS, RS models have same size minus ABS).
Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you have saved me a fat headache. damn well lame. well since I have Teg rotors and pads. I should just get my hands on some teggy calipers and spindles.?
Old 02-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Swifty92
you have saved me a fat headache. damn well lame. well since I have Teg rotors and pads. I should just get my hands on some teggy calipers and spindles.?
Buy the complete knuckle assembly, and you already have parts for a brake job.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Will DC integra front lower control arms fit on eg knuckles??
Old 09-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by erbavour
Will DC integra front lower control arms fit on eg knuckles??
Yes they will. Dc and eg front and rear suspension are interchangeable.