Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Dash brake lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 10:08 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash brake lights

Hello. I have my VSA lights, my anti-lock brake lights, and my red hand brake light and hazard light on.

I took it into a brake place and they told me I needed to get my rotors and pads and both rear calipers replaced because I had a leak. I only had a leak in the passenger rear caliper. They quoted me for 2 rotors and rear pads and both calipers for about $900.

This is not in my budget. So I opted to research how much it would cost to do something like this on my own. I have access to a military base which has an Auto Hobby Shop where you can rent out the bays to do your own work on your car. I had the on site mechanic inspect my brakes. We measured the minimum requirements for the rotors and they had already been turned a couple times. So I couldn't resurface them again. But it was confirmed I had a leaky piston on my rear passenger. So the brake place didn't even tell me about the front brakes. So I found out I only had to replace one caliper versus two. But I did have to do the front rotors and pads as well. I had ordered 4 rotors and front and rear pads and passenger rear caliper and also bought supplies for a bleed and flush. We did a total brake job on my car and replace the caliper and did a bleed and flush all for $300. And took quite a few hours to do but it was accomplished successfully. However my dash warning brake lights are still on. I'm about to go to O'Reilly's and have them read the code. However do I have to clear these codes after the work was done or is this a live system that doesn't store codes in regards to the brakes?

Any help on this matter would be appreciated thank you very much in advance.

I own a 2009 Honda Accord Coupe EXL 6 cylinder with 128,000 miles on it.

AP