Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Another camber question....

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another camber question....

I think I've got this right after searching through thread after thread. My car is currently dropped to the point of the tires almost, repeat, almost tucking. The two fronts are slanted and you can clearly see the negative camber. What I can't quite figure out is if I really need a camber kit.

From my understanding is that negative camber wont cause unusual wear, just that instead of the tires wearing evenly across the surface, it'll wear more at an angle but across the tire, but still, the tire shouldn't wear down after a thousand miles. So, what if the tires are wearing out quickly on the inner edges of the tires? Is honda-tech telling me that, that's not the camber's doing, but in fact the toe's doing? If so, then I wouldn't need a camber kit and what I really need is an alignment to adjust the toe.

Am I right? Did I really understand what I read? Or am I completely wrong and should indeed get a camber kit?
Old 01-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another camber question.... (qhondak)

u are correct... camber will just wear ur tires at a slant.. inner tire wear or feathering is caused but out of spec toe... so just go get ur self an alignment.. no camber kit needed
Old 01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another camber question.... (Joon Joon)

Camber by itself does not kill tires,

negative camber + toe-in or toe-out will kill your tires

Get a four wheel alignment and you will be fine.. no camber kits needed.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Another camber question.... (Crazydave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crazydave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Camber by itself does not kill tires,

negative camber + toe-in or toe-out will kill your tires

Get a four wheel alignment and you will be fine.. no camber kits needed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is correct.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: Another camber question.... (qhondak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by qhondak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I've got this right after searching through thread after thread. My car is currently dropped to the point of the tires almost, repeat, almost tucking. The two fronts are slanted and you can clearly see the negative camber. What I can't quite figure out is if I really need a camber kit.

From my understanding is that negative camber wont cause unusual wear, just that instead of the tires wearing evenly across the surface, it'll wear more at an angle but across the tire, but still, the tire shouldn't wear down after a thousand miles. So, what if the tires are wearing out quickly on the inner edges of the tires? Is honda-tech telling me that, that's not the camber's doing, but in fact the toe's doing? If so, then I wouldn't need a camber kit and what I really need is an alignment to adjust the toe.

Am I right? Did I really understand what I read? Or am I completely wrong and should indeed get a camber kit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is correct. you pass.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another camber question.... (Tyson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that is correct. you pass.</TD></TR></TABLE>

YAY! I pass!...now I shall pass the word on to all the other questioning noobs.....