Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

ABS REMOVAL 95 INTEGRA, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS REMOVAL 95 INTEGRA, HELP!

Ok, car is a 95 ls originally with abs brakes. I bought everything new from an (94-97)integra rs (non-abs) including the following..
all front brake lines, proportioning valve and master cylinder. Everything was installed, bled correctly and has no leaks whatsoever. Brake pedal feels hard as can be and seems normal. Car does have spoon calipers and upgraded front and rear rotors.
Now the problem is this..drive the car down the road and it will all of a sudden seem to lock up on you and the car literally will not move. Car in neutral, e brake down and the wheels don't turn. Axles, wheel bearings and stuck caliper were all ruled out. I'm thinking the problem lies within the brake booster, the only thing in the engine bay that is still there from the abs system. To get the car back home, the brake lines going to the spoon calipers had to be cracked a tad to release the pressure and the car limped home. Is my problem the brake booster that it is still for abs and the rest of the system is non abs? Any help to accurately diagnose this issue would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ABS REMOVAL 95 INTEGRA, HELP!

I am not totally sure that is your problem, but it is very likely. I had the same problem on a 92 eg when we tried to install an integra master cylinder, with the civic stock booster. We had to get an integra one for it to work.

Also, do you have any parts left over from the ABS system? I need the 2 relays that go under the radiator overflow. If you do have them and want to sell them, let me know through pm.