Notices

1989 Civic with d15z1 and CRX HF transmission - Utah

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 Civic with d15z1 and CRX HF transmission - Utah

Will be selling the FrankenCivic, designed to be the king of gassavers.

Then along came a kid and I bought a Honda Fit. No longer need the Civic and I don't have time for it since I'm working on my Honda n600 instead.

Since taking the picture above I have switched to Civic VX Rims.

Info can be had here:

http://www.gassavers.org/garage/view/5

Vehicle runs, although I havn't driven it since October. I will recharge the battery and make sure it's in working order tomorrow or tuesday.

This is one of the most unique civics I've ever seen.

1989 Civic LX with a d15z1 and a CRX HF transmission. Comes with working power windows, power locks, air conditioning, and power steering.

positives:

[*]new wideband o2 sensor ($170 value on ebay. Over $400 at the dealership)[*]Honda Civic VX rims ($200 value)[*]Civic EX interior ($75 value)[*]rare optional audio console ($50 value)[*]Rywire obd0->obd1 conversion harness ($130 value)[*]fresh d15z1 engine from http://www.nippon-motors.com (under 60k) ($500 value)[*]new clutch release (throwout) bearing ($30 value)[*]new axle transmission seals ($20 value)[*]new spark plugs [*]new spark plug wires[*]fairly new paint (not professional, but it's a 20 year old car).[*]All new trim from http://www.hondapartsdeals.com ($200 value)[*]chasis has 146k miles

negatives:

[*]there is some tint left on the rear window[*]hood won't close all of the way. I think that there is something in the way, but I havn't looked yet. Hood DOES lock, so driving isn't an issue.[*]drivers door is a tad misaligned. Easy fix with 30 minutes of spare time and a 12mm socket wrench.[*]There MAY be a small coolant leak. After driving it for over 3 months after the swap, I needed to put more fluid in. If there is a leak, it's VERY slow and easy to fix. Probably just need a new hose somewhere.[*]ECU is not put away. I put it in it's proper place once and a ground shorted causing the gauge cluster to go up in smoke. I have since replaced the gauge cluster and added an extra fuse to the new cluster in case it happens again.[*]Passenger window regulator needs replacing, but I will give you two BRAND NEW window regulators (see below)

bonus:

For Honda-Tech Members, I'll throw in the following spare parts:
[*]1 set of tires - barely used, under 300 miles. ($300 value)[*]1 extra vtec distributor (sell it on ebay or keep it as a spare) (seem them sell for anywhere between $30 and $150)[*]1 set of extra taillights - current set has a small chemical burn from removing the old paint.[*]1 generic car cover[*]2 brand new window regulators for the front windows. (Honda charges over $300 for these)[*]1 set of 1985 CRX HF lightweight drums. I havn't installed them yet but you get them for the extra 2lbs saving on each side.

I'm hoping to get $1000 for this. I'm WAY underselling what it's worth, but the fact is that this is a project in progress. All of the difficult stuff is done, but I don't feel comfortable selling this to a non-car person who isn't able to fix it or fine-tune it.

I have never driven it on a long road trip, so i would not advise buying it and driving it across country.