Southwest Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah

Meet & Cruise to Drift Colorado Finals - Sunday, September 30

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meet & Cruise to Drift Colorado Finals - Sunday, September 30

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to put together a communal meet/cruise up to the Drift Colorado Points Series 3: the finals for the drifting season up here. Since both the drift and meet seasons are basically coming to a close, I think this would be a great opportunity to close out the year with a big meet & greet, followed up with a cruise to the IMI Motorsports Complex to watch the drift finals. It would be awesome to get everybody out for at least the meet, to see all the projects and get in touch with the local scene, since it's pretty nonexistent up here in CO.

The ad for the event is here:

My rough plan is this:

Everyone can meet somewhere North-ish and central, like the Fat Cats bowling alley parking lot (up at Highway 36 and 104th); they're closed on Sunday so there should be plenty of room. Since the qualifying rounds don't begin till noon and the actual points sessions don't begin till 3pm, I thought we could meet up around 10-11am, and once everyone was together and ready to go, we'd all depart and cruise up I-25 to the IMI Complex in Dacono. Spectator admission is $10 per person, which isn't too bad imho, and there should be plenty of parking for everyone. There should also be a taco truck up there as usual for food. Personally, I'll be bringing my own cooler of drinks and maybe someone can bring a grill and some burgers for a cookout or something? There's only so much room in the EF...

I will try and get in touch with Nationwide Productions and 99Cookies and see if they're game to help put this together, and publicize it via Facebook and other forums. I'll also throw this up on Honda-Tech, and talk to some people at the CorSport meet this Friday night. Anyone who's interested, please let your friends know and try and get them to come out for this. I think it would be bomb to get all the Colorado import/stance/tuner people out for a long, fun day of sunshine and cars.