Notices

STD 81mm bore Toda pistons

Old 07-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STD 81mm bore Toda pistons

As topic states i am testing waters on a STD 81mm bore set of Toda pistons.

These are for the heads that want to make reliable OEM style high horsepower and not melt ring lands etc etc.

The pistons don't even any miles on them, only dyno time (towed car to and from the dyno). Once i remove the pistons you can see the unbroken hone in the cyl walls.

They are still inside the motor, the b16 made over 200 to the wheels with a std bore std stroke and a fully built head. Window shoppers don't even bother for a dyno sheet, whom ever buys these knows they make that much power and more with a good head/intake manifold/TB/b18 and tune.

I will sell the pistons and rods by them selfs, so if you plan on running them on b18 you will have to have them pressed off. I will also sell the complete b16 short block if you want to build a sleeper b16 like i did.

Only reason i am testing waters is due to the fact i want to boost again.

Might trade for turbo stuff or a turbo kit (plus cash on my end).

NO pics because they are still in the block, i will not pull them out until i have a buyer. And if i don't get a good offer i might end up keeping the bsixteeny and retuning to drive on the street.

Payed close to 900 shipped, so make me an offer.

And on to the data:

B16a 11.6:1 compression
B18c 12.3:1 compression
LS-V depends on the head used

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Toda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
High Power Forged Piston Kit

The basic form of the piston is an elliptical barrell. This forms the basis from which each part is subjected to high loads and measured for thermal expansion to accuracy of 1/1000(mm). The top edge of the piston uses a castellation design to reduce sticking, improve lubrication and sealing. The design also act as a scuff-band to reduce break-in time.

Material Property:

The piston's primary responsiblilty is to take thermal energy created by the ignition of fuel and compressed air, and trasform it into linear motion. TODA Racing pistons are made from the highest grade T6-4032 Aluminum (www.alcoa.com) which offers excellent machinability and high wear resistance.

Due to the high silicon content (11%~13.5%), it results in low thermal expansion rate. TODA Racing is able to keep the piston to wall clearance tight (0.02mm~0.04mm) since TODA pistons don't expand as much as others. Generally the piston to wall clearance on factory casted pistons should be set between 0.01mm~0.04mm, but most of the aftermarket forge pistons have the piston to wall clearance from 0.05mm~0.07mm. Loose piston to wall clearance leads to "piston slap" during start up, in some cases "excessive ring wear" is also found on high performance applications where heavy load and high temperture is applied.

Piston Weight:

Piston weight is very important in racing condition. Manufacturers has to find the balance of weight, friction, and power. When the pistons are too heavy, it takes more energy to spin the rotational assembly (crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons). Piston skirt creates friction in the cylinder block which also might rob power. Light weight pistons are beneficial in the racing arena since rarely in the case the engine will rev below certain rpm, engine performance is the number 1 priority. The major disadvantage of a light weight piston is stability since excess material is removed form piston wall or reducing piston skirt length.

TODA Racing's approach on weight saving is revolutionary. We introduced advance oil removal system where oil circulation through pistons are significantly improved at high rpm operation, essentially pistons are lighter as the engines spins. Also, our anti-friction coating on piston skirt reduces friction between pistons and cylinder wall.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-03-2008, 12:43 AM
NooB

Default Re: STD 81mm bore Toda pistons (Nerologic)

Old 07-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: STD 81mm bore Toda pistons (IT'S ME DAVID)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IT’S ME DAVID &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

Gracias Senor

Old 07-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

up
Old 07-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn i guess i am going to keep these then...
Old 07-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nerologic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nerologic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn i guess i am going to keep these then...</TD></TR></TABLE>