Notices
South Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas

H-T Weekly Austin Meet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (00mofo)

Long time no see guys, I've been busy with work/boy scouts/soccer/party's, not sure I can make it out anymore. At least until winter is over, car is in hibernation, plans for more mods are in session, plus with pics in a mags and a feature coming up, I can't afford to take any chances on messing up my pride and joy.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:33 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00mofo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do you mean lime creek is a bust since when?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Since I drove out the other night and saw 3 parked cops in 3 fast sections and two days later a friend of mine called me to tell me he narrowly missed a couple of cops parked in different spots.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:37 PM

werd i went though there on Friday and theres alot more sherrif's cars out there now.. But i only saw them once you enter volente but no where on LCR..

I know in the past that cops like to come out there like once or twice a month just to scare people..

I mean almost all of our cars could out run a cop on LCR ..
Old 11-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slow_Boy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slow_Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I mean almost all of our cars could out run a cop on LCR ..</TD></TR></TABLE>

phew thank god for my m4d tight jdm bucket seat yo
Old 11-07-2005, 04:48 PM

yeeeaaah, its a lil ricey-...but I think it's kinda funny

(my "responce" to one of my friends w/ a newer dodge p/u...he has a rear window sticker that says "can you hemi now?")
Old 11-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mike04Civic)

new commercial skit for verizon ehh
Old 11-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no offense but that is some of the gayest **** i've ever seen anyone put on a car... it's worse than the 2x4 wing...
Old 11-08-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: (93preludes)

I gotta say.. its pretty bad.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slow_Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">werd i went though there on Friday and theres alot more sherrif's cars out there now.. But i only saw them once you enter volente but no where on LCR..

I know in the past that cops like to come out there like once or twice a month just to scare people..

I mean almost all of our cars could out run a cop on LCR ..</TD></TR></TABLE>

The police have 10x more driver training than the most of us. They have fast cars and they know very well how to drive them. I'm sorry but most people suck at driving regardless of how good they think they are. Not to mention the police radio ahead to their homies and block you in. There is only one way in and one way out of Lime Creek.
Not to mention, once again I took a slow cruise up to our truck shop on 1431 and found 3 patrol units on the drive along Volente/Lime Creek.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:38 PM

Got a huge ticket today

I got out of work today around 1ish i figured id go cruise around in the talon. Wound up on LCR just haveing some fun then bam a ******* motorcycle cop.. So i figuered i could probaly out run him though the twisties so i act like i dont see him hit his lights .. Then about two miles or so up the road I run into a police cruiser blocking the road . So i stop , Bs my way out of avading a traffic stop and i get a wreckless driving ticket..

Oh well guess no more LCR , guess well have to find another good road to run though....
Old 11-08-2005, 02:47 PM

Damn man...atleast you lucked out with only a wreckless driving ticket, it could've been a lot worse.

Anything interesting happening this weekend?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:31 PM

that suuucks.......but atleast you got off with just wreckless driving or whatever.

so much for LC being "ok" to cruise down....only place I can think of is southwest parkway,.....but thats usually monitered pretty well,.....and its prolly pretty damn far from you guys,...

anyone else got any ideas?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

buy some land make a track
Old 11-08-2005, 08:27 PM

hahaha I've thought about that before.....

buy some private land, build a nice lil track on it,...lol

not that I could EVER afford to do it,...just dreamed about it
Old 11-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i ahve 10 acres in san antonio, and plan to do this when i actually ahve money to do so
Old 11-09-2005, 07:01 AM

Just make a rally / rally-cross track, loose dirt/gravel. Just rent a backhoe for a weekend and clear a road...
Old 11-09-2005, 08:15 AM

Default Re: (civais)

have fun. A loose dirt/gravel track is 100x more expensive than you'd think. Once you get into paving, you're insane. Not to mention You'd need well over 50 acres to make anything worth driving. I've done my homework on this one many times over.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ProRallyITR)

specifically a drift track
Old 11-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wudup fella's? I'm back onboard. It's been almost 2 months since I've really posted or been here. I injured myself moving so I was at home bored out of my mind w/ no cable or net & not really being able to move well. I'd like to come out & chill w/ ya'll again. I can't this weekend as I will be in Houston, but the following weekend I will be out if ya'll will....
Old 11-09-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: (DJ_SaNdOz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DJ_SaNdOz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wudup fella's? I'm back onboard. It's been almost 2 months since I've really posted or been here. I injured myself moving so I was at home bored out of my mind w/ no cable or net & not really being able to move well. I'd like to come out & chill w/ ya'll again. I can't this weekend as I will be in Houston, but the following weekend I will be out if ya'll will....</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn that sucks, but are you still selling your hatch?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slow_Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Got a huge ticket today ......
Oh well guess no more LCR , guess well have to find another good road to run though....</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is 2nd or 3rd hand info SO take it as such: I have a friend who lives across the Lake from Volente (right near Carlos n' Charlie's) he heard Volente Beach residents etc had complained enough that enforcement along LCR and 1431 has been doubled or tripled.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00mofo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">buy some land make a track </TD></TR></TABLE>
someone has already done that: When you are flying into Austin coming in from the east, about 2minutes before touchdown, look out the left side of the plane - its nicknamed "The Driveway" Its on private land, some guy built it apparently to "test" his cars. Its pretty pimp. Good luck figuring out how to get out there/on it...

and off topic....i don't s'pose any of you are interested in an autocross??
Old 11-09-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: (mtbprelude)

autoX? mmmm maybe? if I can find my other freakin stock wheels, or fix my ADR's.....lol i dunno more info would be needed...
Old 11-09-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re:

Hey Adam, whens that big HT meet you were talking about going to a couple meets back. Think it was in Houston or Dallas....or soemthing. Still going?

And James. Let me know the next time your gonna hit up SAR.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: (mtbprelude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mtbprelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
someone has already done that: When you are flying into Austin coming in from the east, about 2minutes before touchdown, look out the left side of the plane - its nicknamed "The Driveway" Its on private land, some guy built it apparently to "test" his cars. Its pretty pimp. Good luck figuring out how to get out there/on it...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah he races an S60R touring car currently. Our mechanic went out there and played around in his Mosler Photon and his Zondas. He's got an ungodly collection of cars and you will more than likely never see the inside of his property. Security as you can imagine is intense.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (KaoSyN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KaoSyN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Adam, whens that big HT meet you were talking about going to a couple meets back. Think it was in Houston or Dallas....or soemthing. Still going?

And James. Let me know the next time your gonna hit up SAR.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The big H-T thing was for ya'll an AX (hosted by SPOKES - I'm a BoD member and the event master for the 20th) and then a drag and show thingy....but the owner backed out on ya'll or something or other. (He's a sketchy character)

Anyway, because we pay him lots of money, he lets us play on his lot on select Sundays. Nov 20th is our last AX until next year. It'll be at SAR, there will be nothing to do with drags, infact we're contractually obligated to not go anywhere NEAR the strip, or the stands.

But we are having an event, nad since you asked for more info go here:
http://www.spokes.org/Bash/index.html
To make it easier on yourself the day of, you can register here:
http://www.spokes.org/Members/MembersLogin.aspx

Several of our National's contenders will be giving ride alongs, tips, tricks, and the liek to first timers, novices (less than 1 yr of AXing), new SPOKES event attendees, and so on. We'll have a photog to take pics, and the courses will change midway through the day... you're total time for the event will be your fastest run on both courses added together

Any other questions, email me, or post 'em here?