Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Renforcing fiberglass with carbon?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renforcing fiberglass with carbon?

Hi everyone,
I got a 3 pieces fiberglass front but it seem to thin and crack easy where the fenders bolts.
I want to put a layer of cabon fiber inside this location to prevent any damage in the future.
But do I have to do some particular prep inside the panel or just wash with a prep degreaser and what type of carbon mat and resine should I use?
Old 10-25-2016, 11:52 PM
Shit Posts: 15

Default Re: Renforcing fiberglass with carbon?

Should prep by sanding whoever you're laying CF with 80 grit sand paper. Then wash and use some clear on it.

No idea on what fiber and resign to use though, sorry.
​​​​​​​I'm sure they sell kits online.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:28 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Renforcing fiberglass with carbon?

Water-proof car covers are particularly useful when you are parking outdoors. Pro-long exposure to the elements can result to expensive damages on your car. Although rain is generally harmless, rain showers can sometimes become acidic, especially in urban settings. Pollutants in air such as nitrous oxides can combine with the water vapors in the clouds, rendering them to become acidic. Consequently, when these water vapors precipitate as rain, they can corrode the metal surface of a car. On the other hand, prolong exposure to the sun will lead to the cracking of paint finish and damage to the upholstery. Bird droppings and other animal droppings are also common problems of parking outdoors. Even in urban settings there are few parking spaces with roofs. Most parking spaces are open areas that are exposed to the elements. If you plan to leave you car for a long period of time in an open parking space, it would be prudent to cover your car with waterproof car cover. Water-proof car covers such as the Toyota car cover will not only protect your car against the rain but also will protect your car against other damaging factors.