Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Civic Si 2015 ECU Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 08:46 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic Si 2015 ECU Swap

Hi there, i have a Civic Si 2015 i bought it here in DOminican Republic so i think it's the version for Latinoamerica market (Mexico version?)

The thing is that i want to Swap the ECU and put the US version.

Why?

- Seems like the Tuning from factory comes with some limitations (emission limits (no laws here regarding that)) and i feel the car slower than others of the same year (US version)
- I have a lot of toys to put on the engine and make it Full Bolt-ons but can't do that without a tuning
- Hondata Flashpro isn't available for that ECU version (i already have it and got support for Hondata and they said Not supported)

So, just need to know if this will work with no problems. And what to expect... Seems that the Biggest Honda dealer here doesn't have any clue how to do that :/
Old 09-30-2016, 05:24 AM
W95 gives me a hard-on

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Civic Si 2015 ECU Swap

I dont know much about the US 2015 civic si ecu but I assume that you researched in regards of it being having the same plugs as the Latin ones. If they are the same, they only thing you would have to do is to have the dealer reprogram the immobilizer. Once you have the hondata installed it will a be a breeze to tune with said goodies.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Civic Si 2015 ECU Swap

Originally Posted by anthonyej
Hi there, i have a Civic Si 2015 i bought it here in DOminican Republic so i think it's the version for Latinoamerica market (Mexico version?)

The thing is that i want to Swap the ECU and put the US version.

Why?

- Seems like the Tuning from factory comes with some limitations (emission limits (no laws here regarding that)) and i feel the car slower than others of the same year (US version)
- I have a lot of toys to put on the engine and make it Full Bolt-ons but can't do that without a tuning
- Hondata Flashpro isn't available for that ECU version (i already have it and got support for Hondata and they said Not supported)

So, just need to know if this will work with no problems. And what to expect... Seems that the Biggest Honda dealer here doesn't have any clue how to do that :/
The pin assignments should be the same, I actually have a friend who bought an extra ECU for his 9th gen SI because he thought his old ecu was fried, but turns out it wasn't. It's a brand new oem ecu if you're interested.