Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

ON - CAN 2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan

116,000 kms (~72,000 miles)

Original owner and well taken care of since day one. Clean title, one claim for a light tap on the rear bumper.
It has never been beaten on, launched or abused.

2HGFA55568H200754

Mods:
Honda Factory Performance underbody spoiler kit
Hybrid Racing shifter and base bushings
Hybrid Racing EM1 clutch master cylinder
Hasport rear engine mount
Goodridge stainless steel brake lines
Hawk HPS pads
CT Engineering intake
APEXi WS Noir cat back exhaust
Berk Technology high flow catalytic converter
Skunk2 Pro C coil-overs
Ingalls rear camber plates
17x9” +35 Wedssport TC105Ns with 235/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Star Spec Z1s

Maintenance:
The engine oil and filter were changed at every oil change according to the Maintenance Minder using Mobil 1 at the first change and Motul 8100 X-cess ever since. The transmission fluid was changed at ~16k kms and then every other oil change or once a year with OEM Honda MTF fluid. The car is not affected by the third gear pop out. Spoon magnetic drain plugs have been on the car since the first fluid change. A valve adjustment, spark plugs and OEM Exedy replacement clutch was done at 90k as well as OEM Honda rear rotors. The fronts were just done, the calipers were disassembled and painted off the car and the brakes were bled with Motul RF600. The suspension has about 20k on it, tires have plenty of tread, the exhaust, HFC, intake, CMC and brake lines are new as well as the rotors. The pads have plenty of life left on them.

Bodywork specs:
I recently had the body refinished and have only put 1,000 kms on it since. This is not a mask everything, paint and scuff. The paintwork and bodywork are show quality, and the silver just drips wet. If you appreciate flawless paint, you can stare at it for hours. Otherwise it looks like another Alabaster Silver Metallic Civic sedan to everyone else. The fenders were rolled, pulled, hammered and dollied flat in the rear with the aid of a Power-Tec Miracle System and shaved in the front. The fronts can easily be pulled out cleanly if you need more room, the tab was shaved and well as the entire arch. I did keep in mind future wheel setups. The current alignment specs are -2.2 in the front and -2.6 degrees in the rear, the rears have been pulled out as much as they can without buckling and the fenders look flawless.The fronts and easily accommodate 10mm wider wheels. And yes, the car can definitely go even lower with lower offset wheels with more camber and/or properly spec’ed tires. The entire car was epoxied, polyester filled for super straight panels, primed, sealed, then hand blocked with 800 grit wetsand. Cromax base coat and three coats of Axalta 8700 clear were applied. Finishing after paint involved 1500, 3000, 5000 grit wetsand and a three stage polish with 3M Perfect-It. All panels, the rear glass, front quarter glass, front windshield and the sunroof were removed from the car as well. The door jams were painted all the way in, the doors, trunk, and hood panels were prepped, refinished and painted to the backside edge of the seam sealer and off the car and painted in a very clean low hour well lit downdraft booth. The mirrors, door handles were dissembled. New Genuine Honda fenders, bumper, headlights and front windshield were installed as well as new front and rear underbody spoilers. This was not a cheap job.. $4k+ was spent in prep/paint/finishing materials alone. Omer and Ali at Original Auto Refinishing did the work. 200+ hours was spent on refinishing.

Extras:
I have a Kraftwerks Supercharger (Black Edition) for it along with Grams 1000cc injectors, a Deutchwerks fuel pump, Hondata Flashpro and Competition Clutch (stage 2) all new, uninstalled in the box. I also have a new Genuine OEM foglight kit, car cover as a well as a CT Engineering header. I have the stock air box with an AFE Pro Dry S air filter in it, the stock suspension, as well as the stock 17” wheels (one has minor curbing) including a spare refinished wheel and 25mm H&R DRM spacers for all four corners. I have a new water pump, thermostat and timing chain tensioner for it as well. I have Wedssport licence plate frames and new lug nuts to go with it too.

I know this car isn’t going to be for everyone and a buyer who appreciates this car will no doubt be hard to find and may take some time. A stock car goes about half of what I am asking. But if you plan on building an Si sedan or even have one you are planning to build and repaint, a lot of work has been already done on this one including the hardest and most expensive part to get right: the bodywork. Even if you don’t want the Kraftwerks kit and extras you can easily part them and have a really mint one of a kind OEM+/USDM/CDM Si sedan with quality tasteful mods for short money in the end. If you have read this far, I am sure you have done the math.

A Carproof report will be provided as well as the Ontario Used Vehicle Information Package. If you are in the US, I can obtain a Compliance Letter for Import.

I am asking $23,500CAD (~$18,200USD) with the supercharger, clutch, injectors and fuel pump or without for $18,500 CAD (~$14,300USD).

More pics here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskGWkX2S
Old 09-21-2016, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan

Price drop to $22,500 for everything, $17,500 CAD. That's about $17,200 and $13,300 USD respectively at the moment.

Two of my friends in MA sold their stock 08 Si Sedans recently, both within a day for about $10,500 USD all stock with 75k and 88k. The buyer of one said that all the ones they looked at were beat up. I'm picky and these cars mechanically and body wise were fair at best between the mismatched paint from an insurance claim, deep scratches that require full repaint and cross feet defects.

CDM 08 Si cars came with larger washer fluid reservoirs, heated mirrors, rear trunk lid liner but deleted the VSA and TPMS sensors BTW....

Last edited by dc24me; 09-21-2016 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any idea how the process works to buy it and get it titled here in the states?
Old 09-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Clean Si Sedan, I know this year and model had a recall earlier this year involving the Passenger Airbag Inflator, has this matter been taken care of for your Honda? And if so, do you have proper documents stating it's been fixed by Honda?
Old 09-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1988dxsedan
Any idea how the process works to buy it and get it titled here in the states?
Pretty easy. Here is a good thread: https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-...pened-3273227/

A friend of mine came up to buy my 2010 Civic LX-S Automatic (CDM Sport model with disc brakes, sunroof, and heated mirrors.) I got the compliance letter and recall clearance from American Honda, he called CBP a week or so before he flew up here, had the car already insured and put his MA plates on it for the drive home as the state allowed it. I give you a bill or sale and sign owner the Ontario ownership.

Originally Posted by civicsi213
Nice Clean Si Sedan, I know this year and model had a recall earlier this year involving the Passenger Airbag Inflator, has this matter been taken care of for your Honda? And if so, do you have proper documents stating it's been fixed by Honda?
Thanks! I read up on there and it is based on geographical. I have not received any recall letter being first owner and just confirmed this car's VIN is not affected. There was a TSB for a third gear pop out, but this car was not affected either. When American Honda issues a Compliance Letter, they check the recall information which is available online for you anyway.

Honda Canada

The car is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, BTW.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am a little under two hours from Buffalo, nine hours from DC and Boston, and a little over eight from Chicago.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have dropped the price down to $16,500 CAD which is about $12,600 USD right now. Without the SC.

I spent that on refinishing and new OEM parts alone.