Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Peakboost, stay away from

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Peakboost, stay away from

Originally Posted by jdm95
AMR no offense but if you have the story of whats up which the way your talking you do why not post it up for everyone to read??

Why not kill the speculation and lay it out there??
he really doesn't need a story. he screwed tons of people over... there may have been talk of him not having enough resources.. or just a plain and simple work overload.but in the end, there are 5-6 forums with ken peaks name all over it. it's one thing to openly admit that he cant take the work load, but it's another to just run with the money.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow i remember when i seen peakboost everywhere on the forum! There for a while thats alot of what everyone was running.. Sucks to see things go down hill and companies getting shady. With hard times upon everyone in the country its often to see good people make bad decisions. None the less I can imagine being out over 1k to someone and not being able to get ahold of them. I hope all turns out well for the people that were unable to get closure to there transaction with peakboost.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got sent a link from a friend that they were going out of buisness and honestly I could not be happier, this really made my day.

I waited 7 months for a Garrett turbo from this guy. When I bought it he told me I would have it that week. Ken is a straight up LIAR. Period. I heard every story in the book from back orders, to casting flaws, miss placed parts and even that it was in the mail........it wasnt.

When I asked for my money back after about 4 months I was told he was keeping $200 of it for a restocking fee................RESTOCKING WHAT???

I was told it would be to my house in a week when I bought it so I sold my turbo to a friend and my car ended up sitting dead from July untill December. Thanks for ruining my summer A-Hole. We have sooooo many great days here in SEATTLE.

I finally filed a fraud claim with my bank......and SURPRISE! after 7 months a turbo showed up on my door step 3 days after the bank contacted them. WHAT A COINCIDENCE! Not the turbo I ordered mind you but I just delt with having a .57 instead of .50 ...........who really wants what they want any way?

I was also promised T shirts, vacuum blocks and even a blow off valve at one point to make things better! Yea! every one likes free stuff!!!

Dont worry though Ken did follow through on his promise of Free Goodies! and I came out ahead in the end!

Thanks for the Slim Fit 2XL shirt buddy!!! Now I can actually LOOK like the dumb@ss I am for ordering from you and advertise for your excellent company at the same time!

Really the crappy thing is im sure there are tons of people out there that will loose $100's to $1000's when they go out of business that never receive their stuff.

Last edited by Scotty Dosent Know; 10-26-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

$4200 lost forever
Old 10-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheRappist
$4200 lost forever
ouch for that money id hire dog the bounty hunter or something and go get his *** LOL
Old 10-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I feel like a dick for leading some people Ken's way. I also put my neck on the line for the dude and had him out here for a dyno-day in April. Sorry to all those who got ****ed, specifically my friend, TheRappist whom I lead towards Ken too.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I also got screwed when i ordered my turbo kit from ken...same thing as everyone else....got the same bs over the phone about it being shipped out, then there being a problem waiting on flanges, fake shipping/tracking numbers, lies, etc. I dealt with the bullsh*t for about 6 months before i finally got the last shipment, and it was still not what i ordered....as my avatar states, DO NOT EVER DEAL WITH PEAKBOOST!! Terrible
Old 10-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slvrlude
I also got screwed when i ordered my turbo kit from ken...same thing as everyone else....got the same bs over the phone about it being shipped out, then there being a problem waiting on flanges, fake shipping/tracking numbers, lies, etc. I dealt with the bullsh*t for about 6 months before i finally got the last shipment, and it was still not what i ordered....as my avatar states, DO NOT EVER DEAL WITH PEAKBOOST!! Terrible
LOL, i remember that stuff. It was bullshit.

Peakboost would also always fail the "call from another number" test. To be fair with Ken i would never deter customers who wanted his product away from him, i just wouldnt sell his stuff anymore due to the multiple issues that everyone kept hearing about. I want to say that Ken re-read the book of 1,000 excuses to me over the years that i worked with him.

And i always remember that somehow being offered a t-shirt always made things better. Funny thing is i never got my shirts either.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MikeySpec
LOL, i remember that stuff. It was bullshit.

Peakboost would also always fail the "call from another number" test. To be fair with Ken i would never deter customers who wanted his product away from him, i just wouldnt sell his stuff anymore due to the multiple issues that everyone kept hearing about. I want to say that Ken re-read the book of 1,000 excuses to me over the years that i worked with him.

And i always remember that somehow being offered a t-shirt always made things better. Funny thing is i never got my shirts either.
Well at least i got my t-shirt even though it was a xxx-small that a 10 year old girl probably couldnt fit in.

But yeah its weird now hearing all the same excuses from other people that he gave me also the same phone tricks and what not.

At least i got my setup in the end and its opperated good but the customer service was a epic fail theres not even a word to really describe how bad it was. Nothing makes me more mad than knowing im getting lied to especially when i had over 4 grand spent with him at the time.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We were all lied too and if threads like there were around back then you can be assured it alone would have steered me away from Peakboost. Glad the admin (builthatch) created this forum.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish I would have seen a thread about them before I bought my turbo. I wonder why I never read any thing bad about them?? Oh yea...............

Step 1. PAY to advertise on Honda-tech

Step 2. Rip people off

Step 3. Honda tech deletes any thing bad about me because I pay them money

Step 4. Repeat steps 1-3
Old 10-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Scotty Dosent Know
I wish I would have seen a thread about them before I bought my turbo. I wonder why I never read any thing bad about them?? Oh yea...............

Step 2. Rip people off

Step 4. Repeat steps 1-3
Tread lightly buddy i already got my post deleted and it was a little nicer than yours.......
Old 10-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn this sucks, I know I had alot of problems with my order, im just glad I got my manifold back before all this ****, so much for my " lifetime warranty", lol. sorry to hear about all the drama and lost funds.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how could a real man live with himself after all this?
Old 10-24-2010, 01:18 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Step 2. Rip people off

Step 4. Repeat steps 1-3
wtf is wrong with you? your name sure does seem pretty accurate right now. since you failed to read my post in this thread OR the rules and insist on making ridiculous uneducated accusations...

WE DID NOT ALLOW BEEF THREADS IN THE TECH OR SALES FORUMS FROM ANYONE ABOUT ANYONE. period. it didn't matter if it was you, me or SHIVA himself. the place for them was GDD or the scammer thread. if you didn't use either of those options, and insisted on putting it elsewhere, then it got deleted. for many people, this didn't make sense or wasn't practical, so after pushing hard with admin, i was finally able to get some movement and create this damned sub-forum for feedback. don't try to blame anyone for this other than peakboost. google works just fine. h-t isn't the end all and be all for your purchasing decision making and never should be.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well anyway good thing this sales feedback section is here now so in the future people have a place to look for stuff of this nature in the future. Theres more than just Peakboost pulling this kind of stuff lately. People need to have a place to put up for other readers so if they do choose to spend money with the people at least they were warned and saw the writing on the wall so to speak.

I know everyone that got taken is mad but everyone should focus the blame where it needs to be(peakboost)
Old 10-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

can anyone who has been scammed by this company file a class action lawsuit and include everyones testimony? I've seen lawsuits that involved a lot of people that did not require them to be present, and everyone involved got payed. someone could file this case and get copies of all our invoices and use it to backup the case. I dont know anything about court procedures but I think this could/should happen, if I was currently in the US best believe I would be considering this.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

One of my buddies bought a kit from him. $2500 and 7 months of unreturned calls and stress and he still has nothing. is there ANYONE who has ever had this jack-wad actually follow through on a sale CORRECTLY or has he just been playing everyone since day one?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought a kit from him too. manifold was cracked while still in the plastic. couplers were the wrong size. i was missing a pipe. no oil lines. slim fan wires were cut. get this one the housing was too small for the turbine looks like someone tried to sand it down so the blades could at least turn. when you spun the blades you could hear them scrape the housing. plus there was oil residue in the turbo. china huh mmmm just a plane ticket away.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea it took 7 months to get everything for my kit, after about 3 months the welds on the mani cracked, he told us to ship it to him he would send a new one. same thing, could not get a hold of him for a while, said he was waiting on flanges, still nothing, I email the crap out of him and finally I said I wanted my mani fixed if I couldn't get a new one, I was expecting months for it to come back, but later that week, mine was back fixed. I'm glad I got mine before he went awol, but it sucks for my fellow H-T peeps.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got my kit about four years ago, i sent in the manifold at the begining of sept this year, told it would take about a week maybe two. looks like i'll never see it again.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by builthatch
wtf is wrong with you? your name sure does seem pretty accurate right now. since you failed to read my post in this thread OR the rules and insist on making ridiculous uneducated accusations...

WE DID NOT ALLOW BEEF THREADS IN THE TECH OR SALES FORUMS FROM ANYONE ABOUT ANYONE. period. it didn't matter if it was you, me or SHIVA himself. the place for them was GDD or the scammer thread. if you didn't use either of those options, and insisted on putting it elsewhere, then it got deleted. for many people, this didn't make sense or wasn't practical, so after pushing hard with admin, i was finally able to get some movement and create this damned sub-forum for feedback. don't try to blame anyone for this other than peakboost. google works just fine. h-t isn't the end all and be all for your purchasing decision making and never should be.

Did read rules and missed the part about me too comments so I apologize about the snide remarks.

I am GLAD that people like you took the time to make a section like this and I REALLY appreciate it, it just makes me mad that it didnt happen sooner.

It just sucks when you are a member of a site for 6 years and all you read about the sponsor you are buying from is praise........then you realize its because any one that has voiced a problem has had it deleted.

Why would you check the scammer thread when every thing you read about a company is good?

Any way I said my thing in here peak boost and Ken suck and NO its not H-T's fault they suck its their own.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:36 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it just makes me mad that it didnt happen sooner.
tell me about it.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anybody got any word on this yet, i'm gonna call my case manager tomarrow.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

We have a wholesale account and ordered from Ken before and I always thought he was a cool guy until now... A few Months ago a customer walked in with some cash for a turbo kit for his B series. He wanted the B Series FTW kit but he was only willing to buy it if the kit would be here in less than a month, otherwise he would order it on line and wait (like most of you guys here). I called Ken and He promised me the kit would be here in two weeks because it was a popular kit, he E-mailed me the invoice and we paid for the kit the same day. He sent the manifold, I/C piping, D/P, and dump tube... Nothing else??? 2 Months before this I placed an order for a k20 Manifold for another customer and paid for it and I Haven't received it neither. I have been trying to call this guy for over 5 months now and no answer to my calls, E-mails, Facebook, Honda-tech... Nothing... WTF? I seen that he logs on here all the time and this is my only chance of getting a hold of him.

Ken If you are reading this:
I understand how busy you are and I'm just a small business that probably doesn't make you that much money. I understand that it might take you another 6 months to get my order Ready... I am not asking for miracles or for the kit here tomorrow, all Im asking, is for you to pick up that phone and call me so I can let my customers know the status on the parts that we ordered and paid for!!!! Or Refund me my money so I can refund My customers theirs... Im not the type to people on Blast like this or bash people online but at the end of the day, they are not only my customers, they are yours as well, Hope to hear from you soon.

Freddy O. Melecio
Speedquest, Inc.
847-599-5201