Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

PasswordJDM: bad experience.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PasswordJDM: bad experience.

On March 21, 2012, I placed an order through PasswordJDM. They called and told me that they are out of stock and would have to order the part from Japan. I told them that it was fine and asked how long the wait would be. Their response was that if I paid an extra $50 for Expedited shipping, that I would receive the part within a week. I replied, "Great. That will be fine. Go ahead and bill me for the shipping.". They did and I paid it that night.

A week and a half went by and nothing had arrived yet. I called and spoke with a sales rep and he stated that the "language barrier" is a speed bump on shipping and have not heard back from the company and that I should have a tracking number by the end of the week. A little frustrated, I brushed it off as somewhat of a valid excuse. I have ordered directly from Japan for clothing items and have had them delivered within 3-4 business days. Once, even on a Sunday via EMS.

Week 3 rolls around and no sign of my order. I called again ans spoke with a representative. He stated that the item was shipped and should have a tracking number within the next couple of days. I told him that that was good news.

Now we are week 4. I called PasswordJDM today (19 APR 12) and spoke with Brad. He was surprised that I had not received my order yet and said that he would find out what is going on and give me a call later. He then called about an hour and a half later and left me a voicemail. The message said that he had found a tracking number and had emailed it to me. I checked and he was correct.

This is where the problem is. I was told that if I paid the extra $50 for shipping that I would have my order within a week as apposed to a month. Secondly, a representative told me that the order had shipped a week before it actually had shipped. The tracking number from EMS said it shipped the 19th of April in Japan, which is actually the 18th here. I was told the 10th of April that it had already been sent out.

I know that nothing will be done about this. However, I want to share my personal experience. I am not happy thus far by given the run around. As a consumer, I want honest answers instead of "Call back in a couple of hours and talk to Leo.".
Old 04-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PasswordJDM: bad experience.

Get your 50 bucks refunded .
Old 04-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah the extra fifty spot should be refunded with no questions asked and an apology.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why I never order from *** word.

Terrible customer service, ebay parts, extremely overpriced, and have kids working the phone.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

With such ring-a-round customer service, cut out the "middle man":

After you receive your item, call up your credit card company and tell them you want to "initiate a charge back" or "dispute a charge". Explain to them the item was supposed to be expedited shipped (and you were charged for it) but it wasn't and it took a LONG time to receive.

Worse case: you'll get your $50 back.
Best case: You'll get a FULL refund AND get to keep your item.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^ best advise .
Old 05-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just sharing another experience with password. After waiting for my items for 28 days with no contact besides of me calling them...it finally gets here today and it's the wrong parts. I ordered JDM side window visors (149.99) for my 2nd gen Integra and they sent me the rear window visor (119.99) I had to pay $86.80 in customs fees since I'm outside the U.S. and I didn't even get the right parts!!!

I only ordered from them because right now it's the only place to get the side window visors without paying a fortune. I have tried calling them and all lines are busy. I'm wondering how they're going to take care of this because right now I'm pissed!!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man there just making all there customers nice and happy. my brother had the same problem with them as well.. plus a few other has had plenty of problems in the pass
Old 05-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pwjdm are a bunch of ****s i order stuff from japan all the time 3-4 allways even with ems also but i mostly have them ship by fedex i pay the few extra bucks.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BMXman
Just sharing another experience with password. After waiting for my items for 28 days with no contact besides of me calling them...it finally gets here today and it's the wrong parts. I ordered JDM side window visors (149.99) for my 2nd gen Integra and they sent me the rear window visor (119.99) I had to pay $86.80 in customs fees since I'm outside the U.S. and I didn't even get the right parts!!!

I only ordered from them because right now it's the only place to get the side window visors without paying a fortune. I have tried calling them and all lines are busy. I'm wondering how they're going to take care of this because right now I'm pissed!!
Well here I am almost a month later and password still hasn't sent me out my part. They gave me a RMA number to return the rear visor and said they would send the side window visors out right away. That was on the 23rd of May!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I decided to take the visor in person since I couldn't get help over the phone and i was on vacation in Cali. I talked to Leo and he took really good care of me. Contrary to what's been written here PWJDM does not have "kids" answering the phones and Leo was about as professional as they come. I think that when buying things from them you just have to do it in person. As far as their pricing all you have to do is negotiate and maybe you can work something out. Well at least I was able to.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:02 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by spcrxracer
With such ring-a-round customer service, cut out the "middle man":

After you receive your item, call up your credit card company and tell them you want to "initiate a charge back" or "dispute a charge". Explain to them the item was supposed to be expedited shipped (and you were charged for it) but it wasn't and it took a LONG time to receive.

Worse case: you'll get your $50 back.
Best case: You'll get a FULL refund AND get to keep your item.
This is Terrible advice for people.

That constitutes FRAUD, as you are unjustly enriched and Password could file suit, just over $50. Either do the chargeback and return the item, or request the refund. don't do both. Depending upon the state, they could be awarded 3 times the damages, PLUS your CC company will revoke use of your card and take the money RIGHT BACK OUT.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
This is Terrible advice for people.

That constitutes FRAUD, as you are unjustly enriched and Password could file suit, just over $50. Either do the chargeback and return the item, or request the refund. don't do both. Depending upon the state, they could be awarded 3 times the damages, PLUS your CC company will revoke use of your card and take the money RIGHT BACK OUT.
What he's advising isn't fraud. If PWJDM refuses to refund the $50 for expedited shipping (which he paid for and obviously didn't receive), then he has every right to do a charge back, minus what it would cost for regular shipping.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have ordered many things from pwjdm and never had a problem out of them..
Old 02-15-2013, 01:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to hear that, I have had many problems with Password Jdm with there overprice items, now I purchase items directly from a company in Japan with no language barriers.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i must be fortunate to live near password because when i need something from them ill just go directly to their shop
Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pkel32
Sorry to hear that, I have had many problems with Password Jdm with there overprice items, now I purchase items directly from a company in Japan with no language barriers.
x2 ive had many problems with password jdm in the past from fake type r fenders trying to pass off as the real ones (which obviously you gotta be a moron to believe) as well as over priced parts..not to mention paid in full for a ctr cluster nd waiting 5 months for a cluster that never even came..had to walk in myself to see wat was goin on nd get my money back!!as for other peoples experience it may differ...not here to take business away from password just stating the facts! as for the comment on LEO being understanding..well he should be since duude has been with the company for damn near 10 years not to mention LEO was the same guy that would process my orders nd pass off there type r rep fenders as real ones wen i asked for type r fenders along with other parts to componsate for the cluster i paid for that i never received..good thing i asked if they are real how come they say made in thailand on the box or some shiit like that lol his answer was "oh you wanted the real ones"? we dont have those right now lmao no shiit i want real ones..i didnt ask for a type r cluster wen i was ordering it did i?? lol
Old 05-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

At least they contacted you about the part not being in stock.
Or contatced you at all about the parts you ordered.
FU password jdm
Old 05-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

password jdm is over priced on everything youll find better deals at jhp or your local dealer.