Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Illicit Forged..... Something you should know

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Illicit Forged..... Something you should know

Hello, I want to begin by saying that I've bitten my tongue about this for over 4 months and not said anything in hopes of finding a solution, which obviously didn't happen. This write up is to INFORM the public, not to hate or bash anyone. Everything I will post is factual.

Two wheels with a design originally intended to be sold to me (Belak Industries), were returned to the manufacturer 6 months ago because it wasn't the look we were going for. When the wheels were sent back, they stayed there on display with no use or demand.

A gentleman named "Alex", who originally was friends with Exospeed's Will Navarro, visited the manufacturing plant with intentions of picking up a new line and becoming a distributor for wheels. He saw the display wheels and picked them up for some loose change. Shortly thereafter, he began promoting these wheels under the name "Illicit Forged". I assume the demand grew and he quickly contacted the manufacturer for more.

Upon calling the manufacturer, "Greg", "Alex" was informed that "Belak" demanded too many wheels from him and he can no longer take on new suppliers; that the only way he would be able to have access to the wheels would be through Damian. I quickly got a phone call from Greg, got the full story, and was given Alex's phone number.

The phone call went something like this:

Damian: "Hey Alex, it's Damian from Belak.
Alex: "Hi Damian how are you I've seen your wheels all over and I love that design. What's going on?"
Damian: "Not much, just calling cause Greg says you needed wheels. I can supply you if you'd like because we both know that you cannot buy direct. I'll charge you %XX over cost. If you are still interested in having me supply you let me know."
Alex: "Ok, I will."

Two days later I received a text asking for 15x10 single beadlock 4x100, and skinnies 4x100. I still haven't received a single DOLLAR from this gentleman.

So far so good, right? I had no issues till I heard he has been collecting deposits from people wanting these "Illicit Forged" wheels. I mentioned it to some people in the racing industry and come to find out that "ALEX" is really Jay from "Strada Industries". A few simple searches on this forum will show you a very repetitive pattern of shady behavior and theft from said individual.

He sold a co-worker of mine a Carbon fiber EG front end and, 8 months later, sent a fiberglass one instead. Long story short, I didn't make this post to trash-talk Illicit by any means. On the contrary, I encouraged people to buy because I was making money on his sales being the silent middleman. However, after seeing these posts and knowing that people are sending him deposits for wheels, all the while I have yet to receive any concrete orders, it shows a repeated pattern that I've been subjected to far too often. (I'm sure some of you guys are still owed money from Exospeed)

Belak, as well as many other HONEST wheel suppliers, have had to work hard to make people feel comfortable sending money to buy wheels after everyone was hesitant to purchase after the Exospeed fiasco. I will not sit quietly and allow this guy to steal from people who work hard for the money that they spend.....

I didn't write this under another screen name or have a buddy write it. MY NAME is behind this and I hope this LOOONG read helps in the long run.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Illicit Forged..... Something you should know

I noticed this the other day on IG when I got am message that Illicit Forged (formally Strada Ind) joined.

Right off the bat I knew to stay away due to past experiences with them.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for looking out for us, the consumer.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Suck. Crooks die.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I seen him trying to add me through Instagram and the first thought that came to mind was DAMN! this looks just like your wheels...
Old 11-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh this is right up my alley. For all of you who still continue to ignore the warnings about this dick bag STRADA. I have been contacted recently by a powerful business man who is trying to hunt this dickbag and affiliates down. Turns out he Jay is screwing over shipping companies buy not paying his bills and claiming false insurance claims that the shipping company is breaking the parts that you have received. Other Big names are in it with him and well lets say its no surprise. We are aiding in the efforts to take this ********** down. That is all, for now!
Best of luck to you Damian, I think its great you put this on blast. We campaigned our strike against Jay so when you search him it brings search engines to our informative blogs about this crook. That is how the shipping companies found us. Stay on him, we are!
Old 11-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not to get off topic but what happened to exospeed?
Old 11-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the owner Wil is a scum bag and cheated many people out of their money
Old 11-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great write up Damian! I appreciate companies such as Belak that people can trust and informing the public about the truth is honorable of you. Some bad apples make it hard for people to trust an honest business but we can never give up! I look forward to doing business with you and am 100% about giving this industry a good name with honest service!

Cheers
Old 11-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx for the info. Strada won't get another dime from me
Old 11-20-2013, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

someone needs to put the info out there!! Thanks TD
Old 11-27-2013, 07:29 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Damian, Do you have any hard evidence to back your claim up? I received a PM from someone purporting to be part of Illicit Forged stating that he and Strada are 2 different companies. So I'd like to see some evidence from you. For what it's worth, I have asked them for the same.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:53 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ugh, nevermind. I found it on my own.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:17 AM
HT's TOP CHEF

WOW!!! Thanks for looking out.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes y'all, it looks like "Alex" or should I say, Jay from Strada is up to his old tricks once again. I always call him to bother the **** out of him to refund me my money back from a front end that I never received. So a couple of months back when I called, the voicemail changed stating, "thank you for calling illicit forged wheels....etc". So don't let the name change fool you, it's the same %*€#head trying to screw hard working people all over again.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

glad i read this.....i have been emailing Illicit and was close to placing an order. I will have to get in contact with Belak
Old 05-25-2014, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Had the same issue about 2 years ago now.