Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Battle2.0Eg, formerly of [shop name removed]- scammer or just lazy!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Suspetise...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re-opened for update.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

immediately contacted me and the night I opened this thread. He threatened that "it wasn't smart to tarnish his reputation." I explained that wasn't my intention but after waiting so long for my parts and he wouldn't return my calls/text......it was my only option.

He gave me excuse after excuse of reasons why they haven't been shipped. I explained while I was sorry for his hardhips they were no concern of mine. I am a customer and do not need excuses of why you couldn't deliver. I ONLY want you to deliver. He said I would have tracking number my Tuesday afternoon. Which I didn't understand because I'm IN Southern California. I would be happy to drive anywhere while here to pick up my parts. He insisted he shipped them and would not agree to meet me. Here I am thursday with a tracking number that only says a shipping label has been made. UPS has no package in their possession.

I will continue to check the tracking number and keep everyone posted. But to me, it seems as he is trying to find excuses till I have to go home and will not be able to claim, my parts directly.

Jason Smith

I would ask if you post here you keep it clean. No swearing! However if you have had similar experiences with Eric please let us all know.

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: removing personally identifying information
Old 02-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not interested in getting involved in this, or pointing fingers or casting blame, although I do have a fair knowledge of all the shenanagins involved!
I had a conversation with Jason a few days ago, he indicated to me that posting here would be a last resort. I advised him that if **** has any sense he will resolve this quickly as a bad rap on Honda Tech is not good for anyone. And wheter he is just the victim of a misunderstanding or is in fact a Scammer, some of the mud will stick... I guess this was a last resort?

My point is this- The Road Racing Scene is a Small community
Yesteday this thread was locked, and rightly so it was getting personal and shitty. At that time the thread had 800+ viewers.
Now, 24hours later the problem is still not resolved and the thread has been opened again and has had 1421 viewers... locked or not!
My advice to **** is ... get this resolved now! because this small community is growing by the hour! and the amount of damage control that you will have to contend with is rediculous!

For what its worth...

Kiwi

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 02-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Wai
ProFunction/GT Motoring

Please get this resolved or the number of views would be multiplied when this is stickied.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Wai
Please get this resolved or the number of views would be multiplied when this is stickied.

1ZW2423R0392657172

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:55 AM
Suspetise...

Originally Posted by Battle2.0Eg
1ZW2423R0392657172
That does show a departure scan from Ontario, CA this morning. Let's see how this goes.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome. Thank you ****. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Like we discussed yesterday Eric. I need to pick up the head and RBC intake manifold this afternoon. Thank you for handling this.

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: removing personally identifying information
Old 02-11-2011, 08:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

please keep the personal attacks out of this thread....no cussing or calling of names please!

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hopefully this gets resolved quickly.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll update again soon. But progress is being made. I met with **** tonight he did not have my parts on him being that I caught him by surprise. He refunded me the money for the RBC manifold. We have set a plan in motion for me to pick up my harness and head. Tomorrow will tell a lot.

Jason

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

talk to david lin good friend of mine he is ceo of [shop name removed] basiaclly the owner ill see whats up with him see if he can track him down bro!

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tracking # shows it's in Salt Lake City and on the truck for delivery on Monday. Its only 22lbs so hope its everything you're expecting.

I hate sellers that don't respond after money has transferred hands.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:04 AM
Suspetise...

Temporary lock.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

update?

Old 02-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry for the late response. I've been busy trying to get caught up on work I missed while out of town. Thanks for everyones help in this matter I would not have been able to find **** while in California if it wasn't for the help of some good friends in the road racing community.

I'm not sure where to start this story, case it's a long one. I got back most of my stuff except for my head. I had to pry it out of him though. He originally told me everything was in the package he shipped. Yet he didn't ship it till thursday and I was leaving town Friday. Nor would he allow me to pick up the package directly. Something sounded fishy. I confronted him about the low weight of the package. he said "Oh ya, the head and manifold aren't in there. I will ship it out very soon though" Being that I could no longer trust statements like this from him. I insisted we meet on friday on my way out of town to pick up the head and manifold. When Friday came he stopped answering texts and taking my calls. He never planned on meeting me. Figuring I would just head out of town and he wouldn't have to deal with me. I called him four times and texted him a bunch to remind him and ask if we were still on track to meet up. Never heard back. The funny thing is I ran out to a friends to pick up some parts for my new build. While I was there my friend got a call from Tim over at Innovative Mounts. They were chatting and come to find out **** was at Innovative right then doing some harness work. So I BOLTED to Innovative to talk to **** and ended up completely surprising him. After an hour long face to face discussion and sorting through all his bullshit. He admitted he never gave my money to [shop name removed] to ship out the RBC. Angry with this, I insisted he refund the $200 for the manifold. He then admitted he did not even put my harness in the package. So I delayed leaving town another day to get the harness and head. The plan, again was to meet and pick up the stuff saturday morning on my way out of town. We met saturday, he gave me a harness. Not my harness. But A Harness. I gave him a Hasport swap harness to repair heat shrink and sheath. I got back a factory harness just sheathed in his own stuff missing the starter and knock sensor sub harness. I hope its in good working order. I decided to cut my losses and accept what I had been given. I was losing patience and just wished to be done dealing with him. He then explained he still had not brought the head with him. For whatever reason it was not finished. Disgusted, confused and disappointed.....again, I got in my truck and drove home to Utah.

I did get the original package he sent on that Thurday. It did contain my cams (Which I hope they are the same ones) throttle body and a PCI seat bracket he gave me to repair damages done and mend our relationship.

As of now I am waiting for the head to arrive. Keep you guys posted.

Having had a week to calm down. I feel bad posting this. But I feel the need to be truthful in how it all played out.

Jason Smith

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: removing personally identifying information
Old 02-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what a pos this guy is, I hope you get the head back.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:39 PM
PM Garage

Default Battle2.0Eg, formerly of [shop name removed]- scammer or just lazy!?

Dang this became a STICKY that's bad.

Hey don't feel bad the truth is the truth think of this a lesson learned for yourself make sure this does not happen again or it will be your fault next time. Money comes and goes the worst thing you can do is let it slow you down and take your love of racing away.

Think of this unfortunate circumstance as a lesson learned and a great help to the community by weeding out a bad seed and anyone associated with him.

Last edited by It Wasn't Me; 03-24-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Removed name from reply title.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This deserves to be a sticky. This guy does not deserve any business from anyone. I hope no one supports him no matter how good he is. He is completely ripping Jason off.

Jason, I wish you had a video of him seeing you show up at Innovative. I bet he crapped himself.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good? Well he is not that good aparently. Such a sad deal how many people I witnessed being burned by this disease. However I am not surprised.. break out the Blackball flag.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
H-T Premium Sponsor

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Battle2.0Eg, formerly of [shop name removed]- scammer or just lazy!?

Originally Posted by dtcevo
We met saturday, he gave me a harness. Not my harness. But A Harness. I gave him a Hasport swap harness to repair heat shrink and sheath. I got back a factory harness just sheathed in his own stuff missing the starter and knock sensor sub harness. I hope its in good working order.
what kind of Hasport harness did you have?

fyi we can repair a harness as well

Last edited by It Wasn't Me; 03-24-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Removed name from reply title.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just noticed this thread. I understand the reluctance to let this play out on a public forum, but gotta tell ya... this is exactly what this forum should stand for. Freedom of speech and for the public to research possible projects, parts and yes even potential car builders. SO LEAVE THIS POST UP!!!!!

When I first began my interest in Honda Challenge, I was introduced to Kiwi and Special Projects. Kiwi mentioned he knew of a car for sale that was one of his old cars. Long story short..... I bought it with the previous owner delivering it to Special Projects.

Both Kiwi and **** were very involved with the car prior to my purchase and knew the car well. I needed a shop to support the car. Figured this was a great arrangement.

Well, this arrangement started with my skepticism and lasted about 3-4 races and was quickly going downhill. Finally, my good friend Renan help convince me to try Brian at Afterhours Automotive. I don't wanna get into the he said he said stuff..... But lets just say we needed to "reverse engineer" a ton of work. **** and I had our differences..... On ****'s defense.... he never told me lies or did we have any monetary discrepancies. I don't have an interest in doing further projects with ****.

However, I remain in contact with Kiwi and Special Projects and feel Kiwi to be an upfront and honest person.

This is just my own $0.02 for what its worth. I do not know **** on a personal level, just through racing and this was my experience. I do not want to bad mouth ****, just sharing.....

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Hasport
what kind of Hasport harness did you have?

fyi we can repair a harness as well
This one: http://hasport.com/store/index.php/a...sses/ekwk.html

In hind sight, obviously I would have had someone else fix it for me. Good info. Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by H2 Wannabe
I don't wanna get into the he said he said stuff..... But lets just say we needed to "reverse engineer" a ton of work.
We are going through the same process here in Utah with the RSX's he messed with.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Really sucks people can take advantage of your TRUST!! Wish the best, careful with them con-artist!!

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sad to hear that...

i hope that you get your parts back

cheers.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello all, I would first and foremost like to introduce myself. My name is Andrew Cowie. I am specifically stating my name so that I am in no way looked at as someone in hiding and so that those who may wonder "Who the hell is this!?" May now know.

I have been following the threads closely and have chosen to keep my peace while I lets time pass. I am not the type to be quick to speak but quick to listen and then address what I feel need be addressed. I have been a close friend and have over the past 4 years come family with [shop name removed]. I have done construction in [shop name removed] building and have to this day been an apprentice of Dave Lin, Brandon Bacio and Luis Galleos AKA Land Shark. I started not so much as knowing how to change my oil but now have an almost completed project.

When I met **** on or about 2 years ago, he came across and a lot of talk, but knowable. I took him at his word in regards to rebuilding my transmission, yet later found he was wrong. No need to go into details as my point is clear.

**** came to [-] in need or work and desperate for employment. Wanting to help someone in the industry we extended our hand to help, and now have been BITTEN LIKE NEVER BEFORE! In need of a part time technician he was not brought on as staff however contracted on a per job basis.

**** never once showed up to work on time over a almost 8 to 12 month Period. Nothing but excuses for not be able to show up on time. Dyno appointments were set and he never showed up on time. customers’ were lost due to his blatant level of incompetence. He would arrive for a few hours of work and then leave no matter what he was in fact scheduled to do. Plainly said, I worked side by side with him for a season and when the term "Work ethic comes to mind" **** DOES NOT HAVE ONE!

I have just returned from Afghanistan early due to being injured overseas. **** had done work on my car and upon arriving home, bolts were improper places, parts were missing, and the reassembly of my transmission was so sloppy I needed to redo it myself.

While dealing with ****, we at [-] were simply LONGSUFFERING! We have all had hard times and grace and mercy was given to him above and beyond what I feel anyone would ever do. Yet **** held onto a mentality of what’s in it for me. One specific occasion he did some little work on my car "AS A FAVOR NO CHARGE" Then said to me, "What’s for lunch?" For the next 3 months he never forgot I owed him lunch, and would never let it go, and even text me and called me to see if I was going to bring him lunch. I will never again deal with him in any way shape or form.

Now comes the bare naked truth! Parts are missing from [-] such as K series sensors off all of our motors every 75% Of our distributors are gone, tools are gone, "Which he admitted taking and has not returned!" And I now find that my injectors on my car have been swapped out. **** recently did a leak down test on my car and then immediately pulled off the head and I spent 1500 dollars in repair. After I read these beginning posts, along with my own assessment from returning customers who's car he had worked on, I now doubted his craftsmanship. Eric told me my valves were bent. I took them all to two different head shops and was told twice "They are perfectly fine; the leak down was done wrong."

I also am 100% aware that **** was not only using illegal narcotics but also distributing. Out of his own mouth he went to rehab, then left. This is personal and DEFINATLY dirty laundry, however the BLACK FLAG THAT’S WAVED AT THE TRACK I AM NOW WAVING AT ****!!

**** I have FOUGHT AND BLEED FOR THIS COUNTRY AND FOR EACH PERSON WHO EXCERCISED THEIR RIGHT TO THEIR FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I HAVE GONE THROUGH HELL AND BACK AND EARNED MY RIGHT BY NOT ONLY WORKING WITH YOU DIRECTLY BUT HAVING HAD MORE LIFE EXPERIeNCE IN 3 YEARS OVERSEAS THAN YOU WILL HAVE YOUR LIFETIME! THIS IS HEARTBREAKING AND DOES NOTHING BUT MAKE ME SO SICK I WANT TO PUKE! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A FRIEND BUT YOU HAVE NOW BACKSTABBED ME AND [-]. YOU ARE NO LONGER WELCOME ON OUR PROPERTY OR TO CONTACT US IN ANY WAY.

**** ********* was what I thought a friend yet I am personally hurt and devastated that someone I trusted so much and even looked up to as a role model that I can learn from in this industry, has now backstabbed me and [-] so bad that he is now I believe opening up his own shop, using our distributors which he learned about while working with us, and now steeling customers from us.

**** you are a THIEF!! A LIAR!! AN INCOMPITANT WORKER AND EVERYONE IN THIS INDUSTRY PLEASE KNOW THAT **** IN NO WAY IS AFFILIATED WITH [-] AND HAS BEEN BLACK FLAGGED FOR LIFE FROM OUR WORLD. I regretfully am here now to speak as a VETREAN OF OUR COUNTRIES WARS!! AS A LOVER OF OUR INDUSTRY!! AND saying Do not in any way shape or form! Have anything to do with **** *********! He is 100% a Scammer and full of nothing but excuses! It hurts me more than anything to have to say this as **** was a role model to me for a season, yet his hypocrisy has now nailed his colors to the mast! AS I WRITE THIS WE STILL HAVE CUSTOMORS CARS THAT **** IS IN POSSESTION OF PARTS FOR. WE HAVE GIVEN HIM A CHANGE TIME AND TIME AGAIN TO MAKE IT RIGHT, BUT WE ARE CUTTING OUR LOSSES.

**** your a LIAR AND YOU KNOW IT!! YOU MAY POST ALL YOU LIKE ON HERE, BUT DONT CALL OR TEXT ME ANYMORE I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!

If anyone would like to speak with me your welcome to PM me.

SEMPER FIDELIS !
ONCE A MARINE ALWAYS A MARINE

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: removing personally identifying information