Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Battle2.0Eg, formerly of [shop name removed]- scammer or just lazy!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battle2.0Eg, formerly of [shop name removed]- scammer or just lazy!?

EDIT 23/03/2011

*ADMIN EDIT*

If you put the name back in this thread you will be banned

*ADMIN EDIT*

*****Edit 23rd of March*******

Battle2.0Eg

A H-T moderator deleted aname from all these post's. I don't understand this? The purpose of the feedback thread is to give feedback on a person or business. If H-T protects the identity of scammer's and poor business men, how are we as consumers supposed to be warned?

*****Edit 23rd of March*******

So I will probably get in trouble for posting this here. But I feel that this is a road racing matter and all road racers should be aware of my situation. I would also like your opinions on what do to next.

I met at Honda Challenge Championship race this last year in my home town of Salt Lake City. He came to Utah to help some friends of mine during the race week incase they blew a motor. That week is a total different story which I will leave for another time. Needless to say we will NEVER employ his services again.

Over the week of racing I had thought we became friends. He introduced himself as working at [shop name removed] saying he had access to a number of parts. I agreed to buy an RBC intake manifold from him and have him repair my engine harness for my new race car. A K20 EK hatch. I gave him my old harness out of my car which needed the repair. The agreement was for to repair, shorten and re-sheath my old harness and then ship it back to me with my RBC manifold. After the championship weekend I also sent him with my k20a head which needed some repair in a combustion chamber. I gave $600 cash (which was a mistake, I know) I asked for a receipt but explained because he was on location he had no access and said he would email it when he got back to the office. Well, 5 months has gone by and I still don't have my parts. I have heard every excuse in the book from him.

I was forgiving of most of his excuses because it is the off season and I didn't need my parts back. Plus i wanted to give the benefit of the doubt. I wanted to be nice. I contacted Sunday Feb 6th. Saying I was in Southern California and would like to pick up all my stuff and things he still had not returned to Randy Gibb and Kris Mckoy (honda challenge racers that originally hired him.) At which point he broke off communication with me and will not answer texts, phone calls or come to the door. I stopped in at [shop name removed] and had a long conversation with Brandon. He was very nice and sympathetic. But explained he had let go because of some shady stuff that he was doing.

To sum up for those that don't want to read the whole story. I paid for these parts 5 months ago and have not received them.

owes me:
K20a head
K20a cams
K20a throttle body
EK K20 wiring harness
RBC intake manifold

What do I do next? Am I screwed? Does anyone know where he is working now that he got fired from [shop name removed]? Does anyone know where my parts are?

I also want to add a disclaimer for [shop name removed], Brandon was very understanding and offered to take care of the matter for me. However I feel is the one that should be held accountable for my parts.

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Edited by Admin. DO NOT force my hand
Old 02-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

All I can offer is sympathy. Im sorry to hear this Jason but unfortunately there are more of these types in the Honda community than not. Fortunately, most of them are not into road racing.

Best of luck, I hope you get this resolved!

-Harley

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you really just need a lot of friends with nothing to do..

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wowww this is seriously some bull$%^ jason sorry to hear about this...this is the type of people we dont need in the honda/racing scene...i hope everything gets solve for u brother this is why i dont trust too many people only very few.
but why spend all that money in gettin all that fix when u know i got a k20 type r here complete and ready to drop in ur ek bro i would hook u up u know that..
again sorry to hear about this brother....

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This makes me sick to my stomach.

That being said you made a mistake which I know you know. I do find it odd that Brandon is offering you anything? I don't understand what makes people do these types of things. Road racing is normally a family type of environment, people sharing tools and parts when others are in need is a typical thing atleast down south in my area. I hope the thieves and scammers don't start infiltrating the road race scene.

Goodluck and I hope you have a good outcome and this guy gets what's coming to him.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow.... What a low life Sumbitch! That's a really crappy situation you have there Jason. I would try to take his *** to court... Have you posted anything on NWP yet? You may have some luck there as well... If nothing more... I hope you can at least get your parts back... let alone the money you fronted him...

Old 02-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by known
This makes me sick to my stomach.

That being said you made a mistake which I know you know. I do find it odd that Brandon is offering you anything? I don't understand what makes people do these types of things. Road racing is normally a family type of environment, people sharing tools and parts when others are in need is a typical thing atleast down south in my area. I hope the thieves and scammers don't start infiltrating the road race scene.

Goodluck and I hope you have a good outcome and this guy gets what's coming to him.
Seriously, this is exactly why I LOVE road racing. Sharing tools, parts and knowledge. This is just one bad deal. Brandon is a VERY nice guy and was is trying to take care of a customer. We even discussed me doing some work for them.

Originally Posted by goferris
Wow.... What a low life Sumbitch! That's a really crappy situation you have there Jason. I would try to take his *** to court... Have you posted anything on NWP yet? You may have some luck there as well... If nothing more... I hope you can at least get your parts back... let alone the money you fronted him...
I haven't posted anything on NWP. I am not a member over there. Maybe you could post a link for me Ferris?

Thanks for all your support guys!! I really appreciate it. Just for the record, I will always LOVE road racing. One guy isn't going to ruin it for me!!

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

WTF .... If your reading this Im hoping you correct this.... I am shocked and dismayed!

If that isnt some low life ****!
Dood if you have an ounce of decency you better do Jason right and give him what he is owed.

The community is small and it doesnt take much to be blackballed.

I remember reading about some kid back east who lost an engine to some "tuner"
After a year and some change i dont think he ever got his motor and money back.
Me.... I wouldnt be as forgiving, and I would find you!

Fix it!

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: removing personally identifying information
Old 02-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Trial User

Hey man just my advice, talk to a lawyer and see if there is anything that can be done, a similar thing happened to a buddy of mine and when all was done the low life got a 10,000 dollar fine/his license for his buisness was revoked and he had to shut it down as well as my buddy was awarded the difference for the parts lost. he will get what he deserves, it took my buddy about 1yr and 6 months all in all with court and everything. karmas a b**ch.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dirty19
WTF Eric.... If your reading this Im hoping you correct this.... I am shocked and dismayed!

If that isnt some low life ****!
Dood if you have an ounce of decency you better do Jason right and give him what he is owed.

The community is small and it doesnt take much to be blackballed.

I remember reading about some kid back east who lost an engine to some "tuner"
After a year and some change i dont think he ever got his motor and money back.
Me.... I wouldnt be as forgiving, and I would find you!

Fix it
Thanks Paul, I appreciate your support.

Originally Posted by Hsoul
Hey man just my advice, talk to a lawyer and see if there is anything that can be done, a similar thing happened to a buddy of mine and when all was done the low life got a 10,000 dollar fine/his license for his buisness was revoked and he had to shut it down as well as my buddy was awarded the difference for the parts lost. he will get what he deserves, it took my buddy about 1yr and 6 months all in all with court and everything. karmas a b**ch.
This for sure will be my next step. Just want him to fix this.

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: removing personally identifying information
Old 02-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it didnt have to be this way...

My post is to confirm that Jasons description of what happened is accurate and not exaggerated.

owes my business $106.85 for a pair of Oakley glasses he picked up while working for Kris McCoy at the MMP World Challenge race.

Randy Gibb

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: removing personally identifying information
Old 02-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I hate to hear this happening to people. There's way too much of this crap in the car community.

I feel your pain. I got ripped off by some guy in northern California several months back. While it wasn't for nearly as much as in your case, it still hurt.

I wish you success!

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Correction...and you should leave [shop name removed] out of it. I departed [shop name removed] for reasons that are between [shop name removed] and myself. It has nothing to do with the subjects you speak of not even close. Your talking right out of your *** taking low blows trying to get a rise.

As you know...and the key other people do to. And the fact remains that i left utah WITHOUT several thousands of dollars in hardware * My responsibility* that still have not been returned yet. The acknowledgement of said items went uncommunicated and the uncomfortability level was rising. Was i complaining...YES...was i making a huge stink no..i was a little disapointed. We came to an agreement here and the separate situation is settled.
Without going into detail
Your Items jason...sitting in my posession and per several other convos your items will be in Ups transit tomorrow. I have no problem taking care of this. Never did
Your claiming a K-20 head. I was never paid for this and it was supposidly gonna be trade. Shall i presume this is a situation that is still in the green or should i ask for my 425 for head repairs and call it a day.
Delicate yes...The tardiness of it is my fault entirely. I do not make out with items that are not mine...or even borrow indefinetly. So take it EZ dirty 19

Example of said persons in question.
I left utah by accident with some randon small hand tools and some other misc items. One of these items being a k20a throttle body with tps Iac and map. *Expensive item* Leaving Utah with items a complete accident. Things got mixed up *Big deal right * iwhat the heck is this ...where did it come from. Damn...that must be from the blue Si that got sold at the track...evidently belonging to jason. I let jason know i had his throttle body and he was in complete relief. The nice statement from Jason was * I appreciate your honesty* I also indicated i had some other random items that i will send back and thats it. I did not discover this till way later down the road 2 months at least...Again my fault for not knowing or whatever.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Battle2.0Eg, formerly of [shop name removed]- scammer or just lazy!?

Damn man thats a shitty situation, I hope everything turns out ok and you get your parts back.

Last edited by It Wasn't Me; 03-24-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Removed name from reply title.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's always funny when these posts popup and the piece of **** comes out and claims no fouls and the old "it's in the mail" claim. You don't accidentally pick **** up, nobody does. I can see a wrench or something you wouldn't notice in your inventory when you leave a track but your rebuttal is so blatantly flawed and full of lies.

Get everyone their stuff back and hope Karma doesn't come knocking, because it will, who knows in what form.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Originally Posted by slowassEF
your a stupid ****...................that is all kthnxbye!

Oh yeah and **** YOU!

Did I already say **** YOU?

If not than **** YOU ERIC HERPES I mean HERNANDEZ!

wow. really? the situation sucks. hopefully everything gets worked out.

i dont know if you know jason or not but it doesnt really matter here because jason is handling this in a mature fashion. AND YOU ARE NOT. name calling on a site is a bit ridiculous and does nothing.

once again..hopefully everything gets resolved.

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Battle2.0Eg
Correction...and you should leave - out of it. I departed - for reasons that are between - and myself. It has nothing to do with the subjects you speak of not even close. Your talking right out of your *** taking low blows trying to get a rise.

As you know...and the key other people do to. And the fact remains that i left utah WITHOUT several thousands of dollars in hardware * My responsibility* that still have not been returned yet. The acknowledgement of said items went uncommunicated and the uncomfortability level was rising. Was i complaining...YES...was i making a huge stink no..i was a little disapointed. We came to an agreement here and the separate situation is settled.
Without going into detail
Your Items jason...sitting in my posession and per several other convos your items will be in Ups transit tomorrow. I have no problem taking care of this. Never did
Your claiming a K-20 head. I was never paid for this and it was supposidly gonna be trade. Shall i presume this is a situation that is still in the green or should i ask for my 425 for head repairs and call it a day.
Delicate yes...The tardiness of it is my fault entirely. I do not make out with items that are not mine...or even borrow indefinetly. So take it EZ dirty 19

Example of said persons in question.
I left utah by accident with some randon small hand tools and some other misc items. One of these items being a k20a throttle body with tps Iac and map. *Expensive item* Leaving Utah with items a complete accident. Things got mixed up *Big deal right * iwhat the heck is this ...where did it come from. Damn...that must be from the blue Si that got sold at the track...evidently belonging to jason. I let jason know i had his throttle body and he was in complete relief. The nice statement from Jason was * I appreciate your honesty* I also indicated i had some other random items that i will send back and thats it. I did not discover this till way later down the road 2 months at least...Again my fault for not knowing or whatever.
thank you for your response. Again I am leaving [shop name removed] out of this. Brandon offered to take care of your debt yesterday. He is a very nice guy. A upstanding business man trying to take care of his customer. I am holding YOU responsible for my items. I do appreciate you owning up to taking my throttle body. I do NOT appreciate the time in which I have had to wait for all of my stuff to be returned. I am glad you finally called me last night. That was the sole purpose of this thread.

As per our conversation last night, you said you have already shipped my stuff. AWESOME!! Thank you sir. Thats all you needed to say. I don't know why I had to make a stink on H-T to get you to say that. HOWEVER, I am waiting for that tracking number to validate your claim. I will be in town till Saturday to get this resolved.

As to the items you say you left in Utah. I don't know why you keep bringing this up. This is between Kiwi and Kris Mckoy and neither party is mad. Kiwi let Kris borrow those parts for World Challenge and Kris is in the process of pulling them off his car and returning them. I spoke to Kiwi 3 times over this last week and he says this has nothing to do with you or me. So I am not sure why you keep mentioning it. Kiwi wants nothing to do with you anymore.

All you need to worry about is texting/emailing me a tracking number TODAY (Feb 9th) and finding your garage clicker you said it lost, so you can get the head out of the garage.

Don't kid yourself on this one, all of the road racing community is watching how you handle this.

Jason

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: removing personally identifying information
Old 02-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Battle2.0Eg
Your Items jason...sitting in my posession and per several other convos your items will be in Ups transit tomorrow.

Delicate yes...The tardiness of it is my fault entirely. I do not make out with items that are not mine...or even borrow indefinetly.
there's no need to re-ship the items you already shipped right... so since they weren't shipped Jason can come pick them up on his way home from CA.

Regarding the head, if it is repaired as you say and we ever see it back I am more than happy to pay you the $425 less the Oakley deposit or continue with trade as you mentioned that you would like to do.

Randy Gibb

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: removing personally identifying information
Old 02-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I will not get involve in this, but I will say not the first time Eric is involve in this type of stories.

Benny

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Last word...............

Tardiness is NOT COOL!

It's your reputation, and in this business reputation is everything.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Definitely an uneasy situation for sure.

I find it sad that can sell himself as a competent businessman and yet not even have proper shop manners. I can recall a handful of times in a small 6-hour span of working with him here in Utah on McCoy's car, where a project was going smoothly until he started tweaking things or instructed others "with his professional racing knowledge" to change the way they assembled/modified something, and it was blatantly obvious that was not the proper way.

I still laugh every time I think of him instructing a friend on how to get the pilot bearing onto a K-trans, like he was 4 years old and scribbled outside the lines.

Mr., you are a joke, plain and simple. I should have told you what an idiot you were face-to-face when I had the chance.

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: removing personally identifying information
Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MDC_RSX
there's no need to re-ship the items you already shipped right... so since they weren't shipped Jason can come pick them up on his way home from CA.

Regarding the head, if it is repaired as you say and we ever see it back I am more than happy to pay you the $425 less the Oakley deposit or continue with trade as you mentioned that you would like to do.

Randy Gibb
Originally Posted by realride
I will not get involve in this, but I will say not the first time is involve in this type of stories.

Benny
Originally Posted by dirty19
Last word...............

Tardiness is NOT COOL!

It's your reputation, and in this business reputation is everything.
Thanks for support Benny, Paul, Randy and Dave-O. I don't want anyone to take sides in this matter. But just appreciate the support of the road racing community to get my stuff back. Honestly , I didn't want it to come to this.

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: removing personally identifying information
Old 02-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Iv personally known and have worked with him for over the past year or two. He seems like a pretty cool guy and is down to earth. I am extremely shocked to hear about this situation and how he has pretty much taken the money and run? I am giving the benefit of the doubt in hopes he returns your parts and money. I hope comes to chime in to explain what is going on with this matter.

-Charles

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It seems the people closest to him don't have these issues, but once it crosses state boundaries, he becomes unreachable.

I'd hate to think he wears a facade around those in his area, as it was painfully obvious what a dink he was within the first 5 minutes I was introduced to him.

Now, I'm not familiar at all with the Honda "scene", but when I wasn't the only one to say " who from [shop name removed]?" it made me question his vast never-ending claims of being "well-known in the racing industry and Honda community".

Simply poor form all around. Here's to hoping its' solved simply and without issue.

Last edited by Clayton; 03-24-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: removing personally identifying information
Old 02-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Suspetise...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to keep this from getting out of hand, I'm locking this for now. I'll open it again when there is more information or resolution.
PMing you dtcevo.

On a general forum protocol note, this kind of situation is always fine to post about. We do have a very tight-knit community, and it would be good for all of us if poor business dealings can be avoided just by getting the word out.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-07-2011 at 05:29 PM.