Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Bad experience w/ Desmon aka wrx-killer-sti-eater over stealth install for my ITR.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Bad experience w/ Desmon aka wrx-killer-sti-eater over stealth install for my ITR

Originally Posted by MacH
Desmon, quit lying to me man. You claim that you never checked to see if the funds were sent? Dude, I sent you the money and I called you to confirm the deposit & you told me yeah, it's been deposited. We can leave this thread as that if you want. I got this off my chest, you did the same. My intention if you read my initial thread was to inform people of my experience with you this time around. And to use precaution. I even said that you know your ****, but again, I'm letting people know my experience with you because you gave me the run around for days and it started after you took possession of my money.
And I have done the same.... You lied and twisted the truth for your behalf. I have people texting me about this right now. Not understanding how I scammed you. A text message from paypal to say money was deposit yes. I never logged in to check. Sorrry it had to come to this. But man. I do not know why you are doing this for no reason. But what ever.

Like I said before. You can take your car to speaker works in the city of orange. There the only shop that would do the type of install your looking for. And I only saying this cause I value a itr. I'll even send over the gps unit to them.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bad experience w/ Desmon aka wrx-killer-sti-eater over stealth install for my ITR

If you value an ITR then why did you post my address? Why are you contributing to thieves to locate and steal one?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you value an ITR then why did you post my address? Why are you contributing to thieves to locate and steal one?
Fixxed, And I am sorry about that. Did not mean to put the numbers. Coppied and paste from paypal
Old 02-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's f'd up......OP keep her safe

Also OP, just got your PM, I'll voice my opinion here. I don't think Desmon is a scammer, he's just not a very good businessman. He takes in FAR too much work for what he has available. Des, cmon man, get your sh%t straight. You're a super talented installer, why are wasting away good money on a continual basis w/ threads like this. You honestly need to quit blaming other people and take a good hard look at your business practices. Not everyone is cut out to be self-employed. It takes hard work and diligence. Maybe you'd be better served working under someone who is more organized???
Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Wai
ProFunction/GT Motoring

This has gone a little too far from just sharing an experience. These kind of back and forth, no one except the two parties involved really know what had actually happened.

MacH, if you already got your full money back (which I didn't know when you first asked if you could post this thread), THIS WAS RESOLVED.

Personally I think that wrx-killer-sti-eater had a mismanagement on his schedule and appointments, but can't be called a scammer (strictly based on info presented so far). You really need to keep stuff in line, especially when a customer had paid you in advanced.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WOW
Old 02-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its funny how while this is all going on, the dude is making cash offers a few threads down on a 96 spec itr...just saying. Im just an observer here though...
Old 02-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There was never a mismanagement. Thats what everybody fails to understand. I wanted to put a newer unit in his car and the other two cars two. The older unit did not have full bars. Inside the shop. My car has full bars inside. I wanted him to have the best for his money. I told him that. I could of put the older unit in and it would of be just fine. My bad for trying to give him the best.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TypeRider98
its funny how while this is all going on, the dude is making cash offers a few threads down on a 96 spec itr...just saying. Im just an observer here though...
Yes, I want that car. I don't see why thats funny. I am ready to fly out to go see it.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Wai
ProFunction/GT Motoring

Originally Posted by wrx-killer-Sti-eater
There was never a mismanagement. Thats what everybody fails to understand. I wanted to put a newer unit in his car and the other two cars two. The older unit did not have full bars. Inside the shop. My car has full bars inside. I wanted him to have the best for his money. I told him that. I could of put the older unit in and it would of be just fine. My bad for trying to give him the best.
I'm not gonna quote the quote of a quote of a quote.
Saying that you'd call but didn't call, or giving a date that you have no control over are bad managements in my opinion. These have nothing to do with giving the client a better unit.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, I want that car. I don't see why thats funny. I am ready to fly out to go see it.
well i hope you get it, and enjoy the hell out of it. i wasn't implying anything, just found it kind of humorous that there was an open dispute over $1k and the same person was in the market for a 96 spec
Old 02-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TypeRider98
well i hope you get it, and enjoy the hell out of it. i wasn't implying anything, just found it kind of humorous that there was an open dispute over $1k and the same person was in the market for a 96 spec
I feel ya. But there was never any issue over money. I make a very good living in the field of work that I do.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, I just called mobileiq to place an order for the gps and told them to send me some brochure and what not, while looking @ the brochure, look what I found.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow! I'm shock @ Desmon, why don't you just refund his money in the first place and avoid all this drama.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

lol.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, I just called mobileiq to place an order for the gps and told them to send me some brochure and what not, while looking @ the brochure, look what I found.

Send the unit back and see what they charge you.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sTill JDM
Wow! I'm shock @ Desmon, why don't you just refund his money in the first place and avoid all this drama.

His money was refunded in full the same day
Old 02-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That would be no cancellation fee if you ever decide to end their service. That's not what you're thinking; no cancellation fee for ordering and then cancelling at the last moment.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crx(gator)
That would be no cancellation fee if you ever decide to end their service. That's not what you're thinking; no cancellation fee for ordering and then cancelling at the last moment.
& What about activation fees?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey OP, sorry you didn't get your install done, but I have to defend a legit member when he gets called a scammer. My personal experience with him was a positive one. I was one of the other customers wanting the GPS at the time you wanted it. My install was delayed due to the unit not being up to par, which I understand sucks, but it's not his fault. Roll with the punches man. Seems your upset things didn't go your way. There is no need to call someone a scammer when they did not scam you. You got your refund, and regardless if there was or was not a send back fee, you still didn't get charged for it. You weren't satisfied with his service, that's fine. No need to try and cost him business because you didn't get exactly what you expected when you expected it. I came into the transaction expecting nothing but a good stealth install, and I got more than I bargained for. He let me chill and check out the rides coming in and out of the shop when I checked out of my hotel, installed my stereo, fixed my broke tweeter, and found out where I had a coolant leak. OP I'm truly sorry you couldn't get the install done, I hope wherever you do go they come close to doing as good a job as Desmon. It would be a shame to lose an ITR to thieves.

to Import Life Performance and to Desmon and Precision Mobile Soundwerks
Old 03-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Desmon aka wrx-killer-sti-eater sucks ***** dont deal wit him!!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

His money was refunded in full the same day
The same day as in the night you dropped by OP's house?

My thoughts are still open...even though this situation is "settled," how about the both of you post your Paypal transaction detail (edited of course, now-a-days..MS paints does wonders).
Old 03-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got the green light from a moderator to post what I'm about to post. Mod, if there's something that I'm violating after reading my story please inform me so that I can edit my post accordingly. Here's my story

--------------------------------
Hello H-T. I am writing this because I want to inform other members about my experience dealing with Desmon Margan aka Wrx-Killer-Sti-Eater. I also want to let everyone know that I had my alarm installed by him back in '04 and never had any problem. I then came across the h-t member Rgoose and dookie11 1 year old thread about their experience with Desmon and it was different from mines. Back in '04 Desmon stealth my ITR and it was a straight forward transaction. He installed, I payed, we were both happy. But Rgoose and Dookie11 both are complaining about how Desmon wouldn't return phone calls and etc. Desmon claimed to be busy and I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of my past experience with him.

Fast forward to 2012. I contacted Desmon for another stealth install and he agreed to provide the service. He was quick to respond to my message here on H-T and cell phone. But that all changed once I sent him 1k of my money through paypal. Once the money was in his possession he stop responding. I left numerous voice messages and text him just for a status check and he would not reply. On Feb 17th he told me to send him money in advance so that he can place an order and get the gps over the weekend and install by Tuesday Feb 21st. Since I never had problem with him before, & he has numerous amount of people vouching for him, I'd figured that he is a trust worthy person. Tuesday came around, 12noon, I text and called, and he didn't answer, so I left a message informing him that I'm on my way. The initial plan was for me to just bring the car over on Tuesday to his "shop." Which is not his btw, it's just a small garage that is rented out to another person and they do work there. So don't expect to see the name "percisionmobilesoundwerks" on the building or anything.

So I am now @ his shop on Tuesday the 21st & the shop owner tells me that Desmon is not there. The shop owner then made a call to Desmon, Desmon brother, and then his GF and no one answered. I waited for another 20 minute and decided to go kill some time @ long beach town center. While driving towards the town center Des Text me and says, "mobile iq didn't deliver the unit because of the holiday (presidents day)" So I called him & he then said to me that he's on the phone with mobile iq right now to do a over night shipping so that he can do my car 2mrw. Tuesday night I text Desmon just to make sure that everything is good and the unit should be there Wednesday and so on. Again, Desmon did not reply. The next day, Wednesday 5:45am I text for a status check again, hoping that when Desmon wakes up he would see my message and reply back to me by 12 noon when I get out of class. 12 o'clock came around and no message from him. @ this point I'm getting tired of him not letting me know what's going on. Dude has 1k of my money and now is not replying to my messages. (keep in mind that I would send text 2 to 3 hours apart to allow him time to reply back)

So I waited, and waited again........3:45pm Thursday I sent him another text saying, "sup des, any update on the shipping?" he replied with a "yes"........... Serious Desmon, that's all you have to say? just yes? yes what!? Right when I got that "yes" text I called him right away because I'd figured that since he just texted me, his cell phone should be in his hand and he's using it. So I called and he didn't answer. But 1 minute afterward, he text me "give me 20 minute and I'll call you." 1 hour went by and no phone call. It is now 5:24pm Thursday about 1 hour after he told me he was going to call me within 20 minutes. I text him again asking if he was going to call me back, & he didn't reply.

I gave him so much time to reply, & yet he doesn't. Even after he said that he would call me within 20 minutes. I began to suspect him trying to scam me so I contacted my bank and paypal and reported the situation. After I finish talking to paypal, paypal said that they'll contact desmon and open up a claim/dispute for me. I also sent a text to desmon saying sorry that I can no longer wait for him to respond or provide service for me, so I'm going to go to a local shop and get my car alarm. Can you please just refund the money I sent you. Thx.

5 Minutes after I hunged up with paypal, whaddaya know? he calls me. By then I was already upset and informed him that I no longer want him to do my alarm. The lack of communication and excuses and stories doesn't line up. & since NOTHING was ever installed in my car, I would just like him to return my money. He then said Ok, but he's going to charged me 150 plus shipping to send the unit back. He told me that it's like cancelling a cell phone contract because he had activated the unit already. Which doesn't make sense to me because doesn't he need my vin #, Lic #, my Name, address, and other important information about myself in order to activate a GPS and assign it to my vehicle?

Desmon & I chatted for 1/2 an hour and I agreed to give him a 2nd chance because he was willing to come over to my house Friday the 24th to do the alarm install. He said that he'll put the GPS when it gets here Sat. We set up an appointment for friday @ 2:30-3:00. I text him @ 3:02 and he told me that he coudln't leave his shop until another customer comes over to pick up their car. I said ok that's cool. 20 minutes later he calls me and ask if it's ok that he shows up 1 1/2 hour from now cause he's still waiting for the customer, again I said ok.

4:15pm Friday the 24th. Desmon text me "About to leave the shop in 30 min" ....Now it's 6:00pm and I get another text, "OMW". I'm sure whoever is reading this would realize that he's giving me the run around again. Our original appointment was 2:30 to 3:00. It is now 6:48 and I have lost all hope. The sun has already gone down and I had already informed him that I have to leave my place @ 8pm. How will we be able to pull my whole dash apart and isntall the alarm within 1 hour and the sun has already gone down? I already gave him a 2nd chance and he does this to me again. So I text him to forget it. He then replied and told me he's 2 miles away from where I live. @ 7pm he finally shows up. We chatted for 1/2 an hour and I just couldn't deal with this guy. He gave me the run around so many time and even after I gave him a 2nd chance he does it again. I told him that if he's too busy he should hire some help or not take up too many cars to work on. Don't take my money then make up these stories of how you're too busy. Should of never took the job in the first place if you couldn't accommodate it on the appointment date

While we were outside talking face to face, Desmon kept insisting that I should not cancel because I would lose out on 150bux, because he refuse to pay out of his own pocket for the re-shipping fees and restocking fees and "cancellation" fees. I told Desmon that I myself would gladly pay it if he can provide me proof. I told him receipt is not good enough. I want to return the package myself, and he refused. I then told him that I at least want to be there so that I can see the item being shipped. I want to call the company myself an ask them what am I being charged of because no device was ever installed in my car. I am the car owner, am I not the one that is suppose to call and activate something if it's under my name? So I told desmon to give me the information I asked for so that I can inquire on these charges myself, and he refused. He would not tell me his vendor #. Im not sure why. The only thing I can think of is that he is b'shitting me with the cancellation charges and trying to jip me off 200 bux. Desmon then took off and told me that I can come get my money on Monday.........why? why not just send it back to paypal.

Later that night we exchanged a few more text and he said that he returned my money. He then text me and said something about 200 bux to keep his business running. It was a really confusing text but it seemed like he's saying to me that he's going to keep 200 bux from the 1k I gave him to cover those "charges" he mention. I logged on paypal, called paypal and called my bank and there's no transaction pending or anything. So I inform desmon that both paypal and my bank don't see any pending refund/return. Then he replied with a "well it's on paypal then" and continue to say to me, "I can't have this childish matter drag on any further." How am I being childish? I just want my money back. I told Desmon that I don't want the police involved but I will file a police repot if I have to.

The next day, Sat. Feb 25th, I called both my bank and paypal to inform them of what went on between me and desmon regarding our conversation in person and through text. I saved all my text, honda-tech pms, incoming and outgoing calls activity on my phone bills to provide as evidence. Paypal then told me that Desmon failed to provide the proof they needed to show that he didn't do any wrong, so they went in favor of my claim and returned the money to me as I was on the phone with them.

The funny part is while on text, H-T pm, phone call and face to face conversation, Desmon swore he will not return my money in full because of those "cancellation" charges. But after I went out of my way to contact and inform paypal the whole situation and they return my money because of me providing proof and evidence. I now get a text from Desmon saying that he "called" paypal and will return my money in full as if he's doing it on his own free will. Dude, I got my full refund because I pursued justice. You tried to scam me bro. You can say all you want about how you never scam anyone, and you do have a lot of people vouching for you, I was once one of them. But you're shady dude, really shady. You may not be a full scammer but don't promise an installation on one day @ a certain time, and gradually postpone it and keep postponing it to your liking. If you couldn't handle the amount of work on your plate, then don't pick up extra incoming work.

H-T people, Desmon is the **** when it comes to installing your alarm. He knows his stuff, but just be aware that you might have to go through what I went through. It sux that this had to happen, now I have to find someone else who can offer a stealth install.

The Problem has been resolved no thanks to Desman, but thanks to paypal and my bank. I just want to inform other honda-tech members who are looking for a stealth install to use precautions and be aware of what could happen to you also.
i read this whole thing... thanks for informing us about this guy... and good luck to u in the feature... people can't be trusted ..
Old 03-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mRek9R
The same day as in the night you dropped by OP's house?

My thoughts are still open...even though this situation is "settled," how about the both of you post your Paypal transaction detail (edited of course, now-a-days..MS paints does wonders).

Old 03-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Based on above, I dont know if the installer is a scammer but the OP got the run around. Personally I would want quik responses and prompt services if I dropped $1000 up front.