Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

AMR ENGINEERING WARNING - POOR FOLLOW UP

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: AMR ENGINEERING WARNING - POOR FOLLOW UP

I dont recall it being "Signed" by anyone, I will have to double check.

I went on to purchase them from JHP. ughh.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AZNnite
Im curious, was it Andy? Regardless, I would back out if I were you. Still have not reached a resolution. Steve from AMR tried playing mediator but is in no position to make any decisions on behalf of the company. All I ask is to get this issue corrected, now I want my money back.
All I want to do is to hear from anyone from the company. Realistically, I just want my money back.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Still nothing from AMR or Andy. This is ****. I would like my $1400 back.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats crazy man.

They can send me an invoice requesting money, but cant even answer you.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Delsolmike,

Call your debit or credit card company asap to file a claim. You only have 90 days to file since the date of transaction. Otherwise youre S.O.L....

94EGCoopey,

Learn from our mistake and dont go through this. Yeah they may have built a solid product, so they say.... but if they cant stand behind their claim of not having any issues of blown dampers and a lifetime warranty, AMR will eventually burn.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have contacted visa. Hopefully I come to some sort of resolution withing 60 days with them.

Yes, since Andy took my money, I have not heard one thing from them in response to my hundreds of phone calls and emails. What a joke.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry man, Im truly am.....Hopefully all works out for you. At least you didnt get shipment on the P.O.S. setup. That way the claim should be in your favor. Me on the otherhand already received after 6 months of waiting and now cant get a hold of them to do repairs/replacement!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wells Fargo has given me a temporary authorization for my money back. Hopefully that firms up in a couple days.

Thanks AMR for wasting my time.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, got my money back and within two days I had a nice set of Progress coilovers at my door.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^Nice to hear you got your money back man
Old 03-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, no kidding. Thank god I paid with a credit card.

This is still just such a bummer. I was really looking forward to the AMR setup. I've heard nothing but good things and Andy was so helpful on the front end. Too bad he dissapeared.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If anyone on this forum gas been ripped off by AMR Engineering, maybe I can help. I've put together a FB page called AMR ENGINEERING RIPPED ME OFF:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/AMR-E...81552888743046
So far we have 3 criminal investigations against AMR Engineering for taking $2,000 for coilovers from people, and never delivering them. Some (like me) have been waiting 9 months, with no answers...ever).

On the FB page, you'll find links to the BBB, the Washington state Attorney General's office and the Vancouver Police, specifically Sgt. Mike Chylack who is investigating claims of theft / fraud against AMR. If you've been reipped of, check it out.

Chris

Old 06-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your Facebook link doesn't work.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Let me try that again:

I don't know why my link is getting shortened, but go to facebook and type AMR ENGINEERING RIPPED ME OFF and you'll find it pretty easy. Sorry about the technical difficulty's with the link.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm honestly surprised to see AMR still in business. Around 4 years ago I ordered a set for my DC2. I was told 1 month due to the fact they are made to order. Well, they were at that time. 3 months later I still had no coils and was getting the runaround just like the stories i'm reading above.

I ended up taking things a step further by making a slightly irate public post on Andy's personal myspace or FB page (can't remember which one, it's been a while). I received a call from the Philippines about 30 minutes later with an upset Andy on the other end of the phone over my post. FINALLY I got my money back about a week later.

It was by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. I hate to hear Andy is still operating his company in this same manner now 4 years later. You're trusting a supposedly reputable company with a lot of money here. They could at least return e-mails, phone calls, and meet deadlines that are promised. It's really not a lot to ask.

It was the same thing as this thread when I was dealing with them. Yeah, there seemed to be a few happy customers, but the bad outweighed the good that's for sure. Best of luck to everyone dealing with this, just remember there are plenty of other vendors out there ready to happily take and fulfill your suspension order in a timely manner. I ended up going with the Koni/GC combo direct from GC after receiving my refund. Had them one week later, as promised
Old 06-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi everyone. My name is Chris and I am a victim of AMR Engineering. They ripped me off for nearly $2,000. Now, I've found 30 other people who have been ripped off, and four of us have filed complaints with the Vancouver Police Department. If you have a warranty issue, or had a bacd experience with AMR, please post something on the FB page AMR ENGINEERING RIPPED ME OFF

Like the FB page, and let any friends you know who have been RIPPED OFF BY AMR ENGINEERING that we're making progress. We have a police detective working on the case, and criminal charges will be filed. We might even get our money back.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Glad to hear progress is being made.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yesterday (June 26th, 2014) Detective Adam Millard of the Vancouver Police continued his investigation of AMR Engineering by visiting the business' location, and found Andy Reyes there.
Detective Millard had three criminal complaints to discuss with Andy Reyes; all three customers have paid nearly $2,000 each for coilovers they've never received. Emails and voice mails from customers have gone completely ignored, and customers have been waiting 6 to 10 months for products promised in 6 to 8 weeks.
There is no point listing all the excuses about why AMR Engineering has treated it's customers this way. AMR's business shady business practices have been well documented in countless complaints on this page, and many other forums.
This group of people who have been RIPPED OFF BY AMR ENGINEERING has grown to 36 (as of today). Only four people have contacted the Vancouver Police to make formal complaints. If anyone ever hopes to get their issue resolved, now is the time to take action. Contact the Vancouver Police at (360) 487-7363 and speak with Simone McPoland. She has been instrumental in gathering all information from complainants as far flung as Texas, South Dakota and Toronto, Canada. You can also email Simone at simone.mcpoland@cityofvancouver.us
I believe the officer in charge of the investigation is Sargent Mike Chylack. You can also reach him via email at mike.chylack@cityofvancouver.us
I know that there are a lot more people who have been ripped off. Don't let this guy Andy take us all to the cleaners. We have a helpful police department assisting with this situation. I'm sure that many people have warranty issues with AMR as well....please let me know. Post your experiences with AMR and share the FB page to warn others. Together we are stronger and we finally get these problems resolved.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AMR-Engineering-Ripped-Me-Off/1481552888743046

Old 07-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Andy called me the two days ago and left me a voice mail. Said he's sorry for dropping the ball and that he did make me a set of coil overs if I still want them. He said he had no idea that I put the transaction into dispute with my bank. If he would have known that he would have fought the reversal. Saying this almost 5 months since I did that and got my money back.

I never answered and will never return the call. Same respect I got from him. I wouldn't buy those coil overs if they were sent me to first and were 50% off. It's the principle of the matter.

I hope you guys resolve your problems with Andy.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow thats just too funny man, thats what he also told me a month after i placed my order that if he wanted to he could dispute the charges and i wouldnt get my money back. I on d other hand got my money back from paypal/BML like 3 weeks ago after not able to contact him 2 1/2 months after i made d purchase. I wonder if il b getting d same phone call from him also soon hahaha but ur right man i still wont take his product no matter how good it is, its all about the principle and respecting others. I hope AMR doesnt dispute my charge cuz i never got any products from them. Thanks ...
Old 07-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

After 11 months of waiting, and complaints to the BBB, the state attorney general and the local police department, my AMR coilovers arrive. Totally mismatched! Front coilovers for a Subaru, rears for a Neon, clearly marked right on the coilover. AMR is a complete fraud.

I suggest anyone considering buying from this company to read all the warnings and stay far, far away from them. Or just set you cash on fire...because it will be the same effect. Wasted money.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What a joke.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gerry93
Your facebook page don't work, is that real?
Looks fake to me, since amr looks like a good company and stand behind their products..
Share any infos about this please..
I am not familiar with the formatting for this forum, but I can assure you that 50 people have joined the FB page AMR ENGINEERING RIPPED ME OFF. Just type it in to FB's search box. I don't know if AMR used to be a good company or not, but Andy Reyes has been absolutely horrible to deal with. Totally non responsive, 11 months to ship out products that were promised in three months, and now after all the attention, he has shipped me out incorrect products.

Front coilovers for a Subaru SVX and rear coilovers for a NEON. Way to go AMR. I can't install them, I can't sell them. This company is a complete rip off.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

While some people may say that Andy Reyes AMR Engineering could have just made a simple mistake in what he shipped out, I would say that is not the case. These coilovers are custom-ordered, hand-assembled parts. Even a fool like me can look at the four bolt top mount and see that is not a part for a Subaru. Andy Reyes didn't like me bringing attention to his deceptive business practices, complaints to the BBB, complaints to the Attorney General or the police department. So, to finally "get back at me" he shipped out the wrong stuff. Petty, very petty.

Here's the NEON rear coilovers AMR sent...

And the front Subaru coilovers

All I am saying is that for anyone considering doing business with AMR Engineering, be forewarned. Search AMR ENGINEERING RIPPED ME OFF in google of FB search bar and see how many people are in the same boat before you kiss your money goodbye.