Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

WHY hondata customer service is junk???

Old 10-03-2016, 02:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WHY hondata customer service is junk???

Y hondata customer service is junk???

first off, i'm tuning cars since 2005, so i have experience and i know what i'm talking about. (most of the time)

A friend of mine got a s300 back in nov 2015 which was faulty out of the box, the car was running pig rich no matter what i do, (fuel value -100 but still 11.0 afr at idle,)

i contacted hondata immediately and told them about the situation and they asked me for logs, i told that that i cant provide the logs since me as the tuner and the engine owner didn't want to let the engine run this rich and cause damage,

they gave me hard time for not having logs, but eventually i did send them logs and also a video of the car running rich
( I GUESS HONDATA DOSNT BELIEVE WHAT THE CUSTOMER SAYS)
and MATT from hondata decided he dosnt see or hear any issue and decided that i wont ship the unit back to them since it was "FINE". after his response i got irritated from his service, and contact him again and again FOR 3 MONTHS about my issue with no real solutions, trying to scare me off with outrageous return shipping costs, also he told me: "Normally we would ask you go back through the dealer you purchased this from as our US dealers are not allowed to sell overseas,(HONDATA KNOWS IM FROM ISRAEL, again trying to scare me off,) and if they do, it is their responsibility to assist the customers. (my friend was in a ship in NY USA and purchased his s300 from a shop and walked out NO OVERSEAS SALE)
and he concluded that my unit is OK, and that was it, just **** the customer, i asked him more then 4 times to send the s300 by this point, and he didnt let me send it BY NOT GIVING ME A RMA NUMBER.

he also tole me that rc injectors change the design of the 750cc over the years and offsets are not the same for all the 750 saturated. WHAT A JOKE,(ofcurse i know that its not true. but i contacted RC anyway and they said they never changed anything.

i contacted him again after 4 months and eventually after a month of back and forth emails he allowed me to send the unit back,(again, trying to scare me off with shipping costs, and asking if i'm sure that i want to continue with the RMA since shipping is so pricey THIS WAS 2 MONTHS ago,

and now i shipped it, but unit is no longer under warranty....
good job matt from hondata,
Old 10-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 794 Likes on 734 Posts
Default Re: WHY hondata customer service is junk???

Sorry to hear you are having such difficulties. For the record... and your own personal knowledge... I have measured RC 750cc fuel injector ohm resistance and have seen sets in both 12 ohm and 16 ohm readings. I found that when going from a 12 ohm to 16 ohm set, my low cam fuel table would require a 20% increase in column 1, a 7% increase in column 2 and a 3% increase in column 3... just to get you in the game. This would not explain what you experienced since a broad overall change like -40% should do SOMETHING. Anyway, I wish you luck. I hope Matt gets you taken care of.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as for now, thay dont even reply to my emails,
Old 10-05-2016, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is one of the reasons I chose Neptune rtp over hondata when I was first looking for a tuning solution. I've basically had the exact opposite experience you've had when it comes to customer service. Neptune customer service is great. Sorry to hear about your problems man.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

So if you want to send the unit back for a different...you are suppose to go through your reseller. Standard procedure.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what if he is the reseller?