Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

Xbox Mods

Old 03-09-2004, 12:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Xbox Mods

Ill mod your xbox for 50$ hit me up if u interested i have feedback, i need some money to fix my prelude so ill offer my services for cheaper then usual.

as i like to mod my car i also mod xbox's for a living ive been moding xbox's for over 1yr and half now making pretty good amount of cash doing so. So i figured since im gonn abe a member here id tell you guys about what a modded xbox does. Some ppl here probably have moded ps2's and are like its alright for backups but im tire dof buying DVDR'S to burn the games to. Well the xbox is a computer and uses computer parts. What i do is i install a chip that has a modified version of linux on it. That allows me to copy my backup games directly to my hardrive with custom software. Well the xbox only allows u to play with 5gigs of space on a stock xbox hardrive, wich is enough for 1 -2 games xbox games are 1-5gbs in size. What i do is i take a standard computer internal ide hardrive say for example my personal xbox has a 300gb hardrive in it. I format and setup the Hardrive to work in xbox format wich is fatx(6 partitions) for u computer junkies out their. Wich allows me to store more games or movies to the harddrive. Now your asking yourself movies? Well im a dvd fan and collector but hate getting up to change the dvd, well i install a custom aplication that allows me to copy dvd's to the xbox hardrive so that they can be played in my custom xbox media player. That way i can change movies in the media player without getting up or set a playlist and let it play on. Well if you have movies or video file son your pc the moded xbox allows u to link the pc to the xbox and put the movie files and music files on the hardrive so u can watch them on the home tv instead of the monitor . More cool features mymoded xbox's have are emulators. Whats a emulator?
example: super nintendo emultator for xbox allows me to play all the super nintendo games on the xbox with xbox controlers and with same features as a real super NES. The moded xbox's come with Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo,Genesis,Playstation1, (no ps2 yet) GameBoy - Color-Advance-Normal, Arcade Games(actual arcade games like teanagemuten ninja turtles, kingoffighters and so on. Fun for all Ages and saves you a ton well thats a moded xbox for you folks if you have any questions or want to see about getting a xbox modded u can hit me up on aim : ludetypes92 or on here
Old 03-09-2004, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Xbox Mods (GOTNOS)

a modded xbox is the greatest, I have one, and its like an all in 1 entertainment center, great for watching dvds from a different country without getting the region error, and for playing games without paying for them.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Xbox Mods (Hasboro)

well said hasbro
Old 03-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Do it right the first second time!

Paragraphs!

I have a couple questions too. With that mod chip, can i rent a game, put it in my xbox, and then save the game to my xbox? Someone was telling me you have to have a DVD burner, then burn the movie, or the game, THEN save it on the xbox?
And with your mod, how many games can i save on my xbox?
Old 03-09-2004, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Xbox Mods (92prelude)

nice to see a fellow 92 lude owner,paragraphs i know it once was paragraphed but when i copye dit over it wasnt an dim lazy so yea . Your friend was wrong, with this chip u can goto blockbuster take the game home turn on the xbox goto the game manager application put game in cd drive hit a for copy from cd and wala it copys from cd and when u reboot the game will show up in your games menu, and can be played without cd.How many games can it hold? depends on what drive u pick the xbox come stock with a 8-10 gig harddrive you can upgrade the hardrive thou from 10gb -300gb. Xbox Games are normally 1-5gb's each so u can do the math how many games it can hold with what drive.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:17 PM

How much do you charge for an upgraded hard drive? Or is that something i would have to buy and put it. I would only want like 15-20 games/movies stored.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:19 PM

i do hardrive upgrades most ppl get the 120gb hdd wich is like 98$ i think now.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:48 PM

bump
Old 03-09-2004, 04:03 PM

so $98 dollars for the hard drive, and 50 for you to " do your thing".... $148?
Im a math genius.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:17 PM

yeap and 15$ for shipping.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:12 AM

bump^
Old 03-13-2004, 11:25 PM