Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

Screwed By Honda-Tech Sponser....

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screwed By Honda-Tech Sponser....

Since my other post, "Fellow HT Members" thread didn't seem to get hit on a lot I figured I repost it like this....

OK....so I had a situation arise with a purchase I made from a online store and I wanted to know what you guys would have done....
So back on Dec 22 I emailed a online store to ask them how much it would be for 4 parts and they emailed me back stating that it would be $695 for everything shipped. I emailed the store back two days later and asked them to verify if everything was correct and they said that it was $695 for everything shipped. So I pay for everything that day via phone and while I was on the phone I verified everything again, gave them my credit card number, and assumed everything was going to be fine.....

Throughout the time I emailed the store rep that I was dealing with and asked if everything with my order was fine and when I could expect it. He told me that everything was fine and that I should receive it on Friday, Jan 2....

Well Friday comes and I receive my package.....In it is 3 parts of the 4 that I ordered and I was wondering what the hell happened. The parts I ordered were:
Tial 38mm wastegate w/ .7 bar spring, Hondata s200b, HKS SS BOV with 65mm flange.
What I got was the wastegate, hondata, and the flange, but no BOV. So I call the store and ask what happened. Another sales rep pulls up my order and states that I never paid for the BOV. I said to them that I was quoted $695 for everything, and he went to go pull up my price quote number that I had. He pulled it up and said that I was quoted for all 4 pieces for $695, but that it was a mistake and that I had to pay their cost another $175 for the BOV. I told him that he was out of his mind because after verifying 4 times that my order was ok, not once was I told that they had misquoted me. After arguing with him for 30 minutes he still did not want to sack up and just say listen we screwed up and we are going to take care of the situation by sending you out the BOV since it was our mistake. On their website they state how they strive to be the best in customer service and how they don't want to lose a customer, but then the guy that I was talking to told me that they don't like to lose customer's, but if he had to then he would. I insisted that I pay the $175 and I told him that I am not some 16/17 year kid that is going to go run to his mommy/daddy and say to them that a company misquoted me for something 4 times, so can I have another $175 to get it. Told him that I would call back and talk to the rep that I talked to....

So I talk to the sales guy that I was dealing with and he admitted that he screwed up, but didn't feel that it was the right thing to do by sending me the BOV. I told him that I am a Manager at Home Depot and I deal with this type of **** everyday. If an associate quotes someone $5000 for a flooring job, and it ends up being $5700 then we are not going to call the customer and tell them to pay us another $700 because we screwed up. We are going to just have to eat it and move on to keep our customer's happy. Then he went on to say how they are not a multi-billion dollar company and they can't afford to lose any money. I asked if they put back any money from sales incase of mistakes happening and they said no. After he said that I simply stated that what he was telling me is that in 2003 their company never made a mistake and that they were never out any money. He said to be honest this is probably the first mistake that they have made in 2 years. That's when I went off on him and said that if their online store is doing an average $10,000 a day for 7 days that's $70,000 a week, for 52 weeks that is $3,640,000 a year and if it was two years that is $7,280,000 in two years and your telling me that you can't afford $175 from one mistake that they made?! He said no and that the only option they had was to:
1-Give full Refund
2-Let me pay for the BOV at their cost
I said that there were 3 more options
3-ship out the BOV and call it a dead issue
4-I'll go halfway and pay $88 for the BOV and that way we will both be out money
5-I get an attorney, go to court, and then they end up having to pay for court cost, lawyer fees, and still the $175 for the BOV since I have three emails from him stating that $695 was for all 4 pieces.

He then said that he didn't think that he should be out any money. I said if I was quoted $695 for everything and then now I have to pay another $175 I am out an additional $175 and they are out nothing, they are just not going to make anything on the deal. I told him that I already called my credit card company and explained what happened and since I had the emails printed out then I could easily pay for the BOV and then do a chargeback against them and they would lose. He thought that it was a direct attack against him for making a simple mistake, and again I told him that simple mistakes happen all the time in the business world and the companies that want to keep their customer's sack up and make sure that the cust is taken care of.

I had asked him that if he would have quoted me $695 for everything and if I would have received the BOV, Wastegate, and Hondata and if they wouldn't have put the flange in there then he probably would have just shipped out the flange to me for free since it was not that expensive and you know what his answer was?! Your right we would have done that, but because this is more expensive then this changes things. So earlier he told me he can't afford to be out any money, but if he would have forgotten the flange then he would have shipped it out, but the flange was still $55....so wouldn't he be out that money? His excuses just didn't add up at all.

Longer story short he ended up giving in after 35 minutes on the phone and decided that I could pay the $88 for the BOV and he would have it shipped out. He told me that he has never done this before, but he felt that he didn't want me back as a customer ever again. I said that is fine if he felt that way and apologized if it felt like a personal attack, but again made it clear that if he would have taken care of the situation in the first place then it would have never escallated to this. We ended the conversation by stating to him that I would like a email confirmation of the tracking number and then it would be a dead issue....but as I talked to some friends here in town and everyone agreed with what I had said/done and I wanted to get some constructive criticism from some fellow HT members.....

Old 01-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn that **** was long, i didnt know i read all that.
that sucks
Old 01-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Default Re: (stock93cx)

yeah tell me about it....will give an up dog to the first person that can guess what company it was!
Old 01-07-2004, 04:20 PM

Default Re: (stock93cx)

The phrase "The customer is always right!" no longer applys these days. Everywhere you turn a business is screwing another customer with a smile and most take it standing up!
Old 01-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Banned

Could it be hondadriven? Or whatever they are called? That's just bs you shouldn't have paid 88 bucks you shoulda tken them to court for sure.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kholmes)

sounds like a store that was near my place. I ordered a brand specific high-flow cat. they got another brand in (looked like one from napa) and not only did it cost more but it didnt have the flanges with it as the other did and it wasn't the same brand i ordered. i didnt want it. i said thats not the one i wanted so they were going to make me pay a restocking fee!?!? i got my cash back and they told me i could never come back to their store (after 2000 some dollars in sales before) i said **** you and im never coming back and if you keep business up like this you wont have any costumers. After a few months the CLOSED lol **** um all. bad business should be punished with getting your hand cut off. its just like stealing.

i hear you ,they suck. not the proper way to run a company.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Screwed By Honda-Tech Sponser.... (Bulldogg83)

Damn that sucks, that's why I always get it in writing....

Can you PM me the name of the compnay so I don't get screwed too?
Old 01-07-2004, 04:48 PM

Default Re: (.jefs0ng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .jefs0ng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Could it be hondadriven? Or whatever they are called? That's just bs you shouldn't have paid 88 bucks you shoulda tken them to court for sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no it was not Honda-Driven

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EL Vap133 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn that sucks, that's why I always get it in writing....

Can you PM me the name of the compnay so I don't get screwed too?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Got it in writing! It's called printing out the emails!
Name of the company was:

Importparts.com
Old 01-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my mind, the worst part of this isn't that they made a mistake, or gave you a hard time about making it right with you.

The worst part, is that someone stood there in the store - looked at the packing slip and made the decision not to put the BOV in the box with the other parts. If they weren't willing to take the loss, the VERY LEAST they should have done was call you and explain the situation before shipping anything to you. This would have at least given you the chance of backing out. Instead, they decided that they were going to try to screw you over - probably hoping you wouldn't notice.

The deliberate deception on their part rules out any possiblity, at least in my mind, that it was an "honest mistake". The only two legitimate options they had were to call you and explain the situation and give you a chance to back out (and **** off a customer) or suck it up and ship what you ordered.

BTW, I'm not sure why you keep making some mystery out of this - just name the store. You've already said it in the other thread anyway... [edit] ok, so you finally said it.

IMPORTPARTS.COM

Old 01-07-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Screwed By Honda-Tech Sponser.... (JeffS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In my mind, the worst part of this isn't that they made a mistake, or gave you a hard time about making it right with you.

The worst part, is that someone stood there in the store - looked at the packing slip and made the decision not to put the BOV in the box with the other parts. If they weren't willing to take the loss, the VERY LEAST they should have done was call you and explain the situation before shipping anything to you. This would have at least given you the chance of backing out. Instead, they decided that they were going to try to screw you over - probably hoping you wouldn't notice.

The deliberate deception on their part rules out any possiblity, at least in my mind, that it was an "honest mistake". The only two legitimate options they had were to call you and explain the situation and give you a chance to back out (and **** off a customer) or suck it up and ship what you ordered.

BTW, I'm not sure why you keep making some mystery out of this - just name the store. You've already said it in the other thread anyway... [edit] ok, so you finally said it.

IMPORTPARTS.COM

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you for the positive feedback and understanding!
Old 01-07-2004, 04:59 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

email them this ! to there service , to u for not being a bitch and letting them get away with it
Old 01-07-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Screwed By Honda-Tech Sponser.... (epsom salt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by epsom salt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">email them this ! to there service , to u for not being a bitch and letting them get away with it</TD></TR></TABLE>

shouldn't that say...
"Not letting them get away with this" ?
Old 01-07-2004, 05:37 PM

i worked for a relatively small company myself in the past as a sales rep. gross income for the co. was maybe 12 million or so a yr. we couldnt afford loses similar to the h-t sponsor you purchased from. The profit margin was maybe 10% TOPS selling to endusers since we buy by small qty. There's no way we can get the kind of price break co's like home depot gets.
that being said, my manager would not have allowed for the employees to even offer the kind of deal your salesrep gave you (1/2 off on bov) unless the difference was deducted from our paycheck.
now if that was the case, you got to see it from the salesrep point of view. Most small companies hires employees w/ little to no experience so i wouldnt be surprised if the rep you spoke w/ is under 23 yrs of age. 88$ is not much, but at that age, it's quite painful for one simple mistake such as a misquote. i would be a little hesitant myself to send you a bov out of my pockets.
in all honesty though, as a buyer, i would want some compensation as well. but as a salesrep, i would cursing you out after i hung up
Old 01-07-2004, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Screwed By Honda-Tech Sponser.... (Mindtrap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mindtrap &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i worked for a relatively small company myself in the past as a sales rep. gross income for the co. was maybe 12 million or so a yr. we couldnt afford loses similar to the h-t sponsor you purchased from. The profit margin was maybe 10% TOPS selling to endusers since we buy by small qty. There's no way we can get the kind of price break co's like home depot gets.
that being said, my manager would not have allowed for the employees to even offer the kind of deal your salesrep gave you (1/2 off on bov) unless the difference was deducted from our paycheck.
now if that was the case, you got to see it from the salesrep point of view. Most small companies hires employees w/ little to no experience so i wouldnt be surprised if the rep you spoke w/ is under 23 yrs of age. 88$ is not much, but at that age, it's quite painful for one simple mistake such as a misquote. i would be a little hesitant myself to send you a bov out of my pockets.
in all honesty though, as a buyer, i would want some compensation as well. but as a salesrep, i would cursing you out after i hung up
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can understand that, but here's the case...........the sales rep that I delt with IS the owner of the company! I can understand from what you are saying from a business point of view and I can understand the points of a big company vs a small company, but again it goes back to the whole fact of that they need to own up to what they did and if that means that it comes out of their pocket then so be it, especially if you are the owner of the company....
Old 01-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do they have the prices at their website?? if so wouldnt u be able to notice and add the total yourslef?? and find out if they were charging you for all of the parts??
Old 01-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kholmes)

yeah...to tell you the truth, there are lots of business out there that are shady as ****. i made a few posts a few weeks ago, "inline four can eat a..." search, you might find em.

but anyways, after reading half of this first paragraph 1 thing immediately came to mind.
1) pay for the part (155 bucks)
2) take them to small claims court, and sue them for the 155 bucks, and w/e court costs insued. w/ the emails in writing, you'd be guaranteed to win. all you would need is a day off, which i'm sure you get, and a few hours of your time to prepare. i bet you the judge would rule in favor of the plaintiff, you, in no more than 13 minutes. (and no, i dont watch too much judge judy...i'm old skool anyways, wapner forever )
Old 01-07-2004, 06:32 PM

Default Re: (SimbaDogg)

Hey what kind of dog you giving away....Do I win the dog cause I acknowledge it...Anyways that sucks I would have told them to kiss my--- to bad customer service...dosent realize you screw one member than the rest will remember...Oh **** that rhymed I really deserved that dog now
Old 01-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So they misquoted you a price, saying the total would be $695, when in reality it should have been 695+170=870?

That sucks that they gave you the wrong price quote 3 or 4 times but they did not screw you, they made a mistake.

They would have screwed you if you paid $870 and you didn't get the BOV.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Banned

Default Re: Screwed By Honda-Tech Sponser.... (HXMan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HXMan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So they misquoted you a price, saying the total would be $695, when in reality it should have been 695+170=870?
.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no that's not what happened. read what he said. All four items were 695 and they decided to "forget" to put the blow off valve in the box and instead of saying "we fucked up" they decided to say they mis quoted. You just didn't read it correctly.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JCracer723 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do they have the prices at their website?? if so wouldnt u be able to notice and add the total yourslef?? and find out if they were charging you for all of the parts??</TD></TR></TABLE>

didn't look at the website b/c I have gotten quotes from Ben@importparts.com and they were fine, so I trusted him to shoot me a straight price....plus on their website most of the time it says "call for pricing" when you are trying to look up a part....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by To Muckin Fuch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey what kind of dog you giving away....Do I win the dog cause I acknowledge it...Anyways that sucks I would have told them to kiss my--- to bad customer service...dosent realize you screw one member than the rest will remember...Oh **** that rhymed I really deserved that dog now </TD></TR></TABLE>

it was up dog I was giving away!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HXMan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So they misquoted you a price, saying the total would be $695, when in reality it should have been 695+170=870?

That sucks that they gave you the wrong price quote 3 or 4 times but they did not screw you, they made a mistake.

They would have screwed you if you paid $870 and you didn't get the BOV.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They quoted me $695 for all 4 parts as a group package deal. Here is the actual Email:
Brian,

Here is your package deal:

Tial 38mm wastegate with .6 bar spring
Hondata s200b
HKS SS BOV with flange 65mm
Total: $695.00 shipped

To place your order, please call us and ask for me or Dan.

Ben Huynh
importparts.com general manager
phone: (800) 662-9552
fax: 626-286-4448
email: ben@importparts.com
aim: importparts ben

That is considered a price quote and a binding contract. I asked them 3 times if that was correct and they said that it was. If they would have told me in the beginning that they messed up on the pricing then I would have never bought from there and gone somewhere else where pricing would have been cheaper. But they waited for me to receive the package and find out the BOV was not in there, thus causing me to call them and find out what was going on, and at that point they said that I did not order the BOV even though they quoted it to me....it's a mistake non the less, but it's a pretty big one and again mistakes like this happen in different businesses and they still take care of their customers. If you were to read my post again you would have read where it said:

"I had asked him that if he would have quoted me $695 for everything and if I would have received the BOV, Wastegate, and Hondata and if they wouldn't have put the flange in there then he probably would have just shipped out the flange to me for free since it was not that expensive and you know what his answer was?! Your right we would have done that, but because this is more expensive then this changes things. So earlier he told me he can't afford to be out any money, but if he would have forgotten the flange then he would have shipped it out, but the flange was still $55....so wouldn't he be out that money? His excuses just didn't add up at all."

I think that explains it a little better...
Old 01-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They would have screwed you if you paid $870 and you didn't get the BOV.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i dont know where your from, but around these neck of the woods. if someone makes a verbal contract, and yes...such a thing does exist, and breaks it, then refuses to make amends, they screwed you. period.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Screwed By Honda-Tech Sponser.... (SimbaDogg)

maybe i didnt read this correctly, but if you already paid for the BOV, i dont think you should have paid for it 1.5X. The most i would pay for the BOV that they didnt send in the first place is just the shipping. Even then, i would be furious.

Maybe its just because I'm ghetto and only 18 yrs. old.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Screwed By Honda-Tech Sponser.... (dampachi)

shiet...whether you're 18, or 81...that shouldn't happen, and i, or anyone else should be pissed about it. was it importparts.com? thanx to that...i'll never buy from them.

importparts.com ------&gt;never again
inlinefour.com------&gt; eat a dick , though there are actually some kool people that work there
Old 01-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm really sad to see this post and I'd like to clear up a few things. It was my mix-up. I took full responsibility and did everything in my power to resolve this issue. Some of you may agree with how I handled the sitaution, some may not. Here's what happened:

I issued an incorrect price quote that I thought was correct. After receiving his order, Brian calls and says he didn't receive his BOV. I check his order, no BOV on the order. He refers to the price quote and I check the quote and agree that the quote was wrong. I mistakenly issued a price for an HKS BOV flange when he wanted a price for both the BOV and flange. To make all parties happy, I offer to issue him a FULL REFUND including all shipping charges. At that time, he could then go out and buy the same parts elsewhere. End of story right?

Brian doesn't agree to my offer. He demands we ship him the BOV. I basically tell him that won't happen. We went back and forth over several phone calls. He's very upset we won't ship him a free BOV and threatens to hire a lawyer. I told him that won't be necessary. I offered to sell him the BOV at our cost, he refused. After a lengthy discussion, we agree on him paying for half of the cost of the BOV. BOV shipped and end of story.

Brian, why was this post even necessary? We came to an agreement, the BOV is on its way, and you seemed very pleased. This rebuttal would have been much longer because the details tell the whole story but this is all I will say on this matter. If anyone has any questions about this, please feel free to PM or email me.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Screwed By Honda-Tech Sponser.... (ben@importparts.com)

I honestly believe the reason why he is so upset is because he was quoted a price 4 times double checked everything and paid for it....I own a stereo business and I know that our motto is "The customer is always right". If I quoted a price for a customer over the phone and realized I made a mistake I am still obligated to give that customer the product at the price I had quoted him...Even if I didnt want to give it to him id have no choiced Id have to suck it up and take the loss...It keeps your customers coming back and it portrays a professional level....Not only that it could also be grounds for misadvertisement..BUT its good to see you both came to an agreement and this issue didnt get out of hand...Good luck to both of you

Quick Reply: Screwed By Honda-Tech Sponser....