Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

do not buy from sixth gear online/ibjhb on ebay!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do not buy from sixth gear online/ibjhb on ebay!

the following is a paste from my post on hond asociety.com. the guys ebay name is ibjhb

i know this guy is a sponsor of this website but his service with one of my good friends was absolutely horrible. listen to what he did....

my friend wanted to buy a skunk2 valvetrain package for a b16 so he contacted "ibjhb" on the board. he gave him a price of $1200 shipped for skunk2 cams, springs, retainers, and cam gears. well about a week later (no, the product had NOT been shipped out yet), my buddy calls and tells him he needs to cancel the order because something happened to his car and he needed the money to fix it. James, aka "ibjhb", told my friend that it was no problem, all was well. a few days after that my friend calls up to find out where his 1200 refund is. james says "oh, you wanted to cancel the whole thing?" like he didnt know. so come to find out, he SENT the springs and retainers but canceled the cam gears and cams? what the heck? so i tell my friend dont worry we'll just sell them local because he needed the money asap. well they arrive at his house and the springs were the right ones but the damn retainers were for a sohc!!! my friend called him up and the only response he has is "well if you cant sell them local let me know and ill try to sell them for you"....what kind of customer service is that!?!? pretty sad considering we canceled the order in the first place. so about a week and a half goes by and we STILL havent received the money for the parts he DID cancel, the cams and cam gears. well one day a envelope arrives with a $720 check in it. along with it is a breakdown on pricing that he supposedly gave us....this is where it really gets fishy....

cams...........600
springs........300
retainers.....170
cam gears....120

now as you look at those prices you notice a few things.....#1 - the things we did receive the prices are highly inflated and the things we didnt receive are highly deflated. #2 - the pricing for the stuff we did receive is listed ABOVE normal retail! and the stuff we didnt receive is at an unbelieveably low price! w0w....just a coincidence? i dont think so! $120 for 2 cam gears? that is WAY low! paying $300 for valve springs? give me a break! he was contacted about the pricing and acted like nothing was wrong and even told me he should have charged me more than $1200 cause of the trouble ive caused! what kind of **** is that!?!? we figured he owed us about $130-$155 to be fair by using these prices which are EQUALLY discounted!

cams...........675
springs.......225
retainers.....125
cam gears....175

those are FAIR prices. so by adding that up for the parts we didnt receive you get $850 minus the $720 he already sent, comes out to $130 he owes us. he also admitted that he should have charged us at least $200 for the cam gears, so thats why i think the fair price should be $155.

i post this to let you guys know about the very un-professional business transaction we have had with him. my friend called his shop AT LEAST 20 times with no answer and sent a few emails also.

here are some DIRECT quotes from our conversation online....

forbiddenimports: do you have the prices that you supposedly charged me in front of you?
SGOStore: I don't have the individual prices here
he is extremely unorganized! this was his response more than once!

forbiddenimports: look at those prices....
forbiddenimports: tell me whats wrong
SGOStore: The cam gears are too cheap.... I should have charged you $200
at least he admitted that one

this is the really good one....
forbiddenimports: you admitted in the beginning to deflating the price of the cam gears
forbiddenimports: $25
SGOStore: I did nothing of the sort
forbiddenimports: SGOStore: The cam gears are too cheap.... I should have charged you $200
SGOStore: I was commenting on how I should have charged you higher prices for the problems you have caused

and later on in the conversation he says it again.....
SGOStore: I admitted you were a pain and I should have charged you more because of it

what kind of **** is this? if you "choose to"???
forbiddenimports: call me at the following if you choose to call 480-xxx-4xx3
SGOStore: If I choose to, I will.

if anyone would like to talk to me about it, feel free to IM me, name is in profile
Old 09-12-2002, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: do not buy from sixth gear online/ibjhb on ebay! (4bidden)

call the better business bureau...have that place shut down!
Old 09-12-2002, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: do not buy from sixth gear online/ibjhb on ebay! (4bidden)

what a dumbshit