Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

Crimson_Tide / Josh Ray = SCAMMER

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crimson_Tide / Josh Ray = SCAMMER

I know it's long, but reading from the last quote down should be adequate.

I wasnt sure where to put this, if it shouldnt be in the For Sale section could a mod please move it to where it belongs?

Mr. Josh Ray, aka Crimson_Tide is indeed a scammer. This all occured on ebay, but he was wise enough to send me a link to honda-tech to prove to me that the item I purchased was in fact destroyed in an accident... hmm, ok...

Here is the link to the auction page: (if it doesnt work somebody let me know) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...57824

As you can see the auction ended on Dec-20-05 07:09:06 PST. I made payment for the item the same evening via paypal.

The next day I recieve this email through ebay from Mr. Josh Ray.

Originally Posted by Crimson_Tide / Josh Ray
item: CBR 954 FI ITB plug and play individual throttle bodies (4597557824)
This message was sent after the listing closed.
n1_stylez is the seller.
hey man congrats on winning the ITB's... theres a lot of people that wanted them... i hope that you enjoy them as much as i did... let me know when you can send the payment so i can keep a look out... thanks bro
-Josh
I wrote back to inform him I had already sent him payment, gave him the address it was sent to and all of that. This was really confusing me because I just sent the money to the address ebay had tied in with his account. Then he replys with this:

Item: CBR 954 FI ITB plug and play individual throttle bodies (4597557824)
This message was sent after the listing closed.
n1_stylez is the seller.
well i checked my paypal account and it still says that i have 41.11 in there... thats been my balance for the last week so i recieved any payment bro... are you sure that you sent it to the correct address? mine is gsx****@hotmail.com... let me know whats up bro... thanks
-Josh
Well hmm, I sent the money to a different address, I gues that's the problem. Here was my reply...

Originally Posted by me
Hey Josh, I was just checking through paypal and the payment has already been completed to:

Payment To: Josh Ray
Seller's ID: n1_stylez
Seller's Email: n1_stylez@mail.streetracing.org

The money has already been claimed, so I cant get it back. Your name is Josh, the recipients name is Josh Ray, the recipient has the same n1_stylez ID as you. It has to be your account since it's tied in with your ebay account and uses the same names. Maybe you forgot you had this n1_stylez@mail.streetracing.org paypal account, I have no idea...
At this point in time it is now the 23rd of December.

After that he says he did forget he had that paypal account blah blah blah, he'd check it out and now 'it's all good'.

The 28th rolls around and he hasnt got back to say he got the money, or he shipped the stuff, so I wrote to see what was going on. By the 30th I had no reply. I went back to check his feedback (you can check it here:http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...erid=n1_stylez)
and what do ya know? The 28th he got some nice negative feedback...

On the morning of the 30th I decided I'd go ahead and file a claim with paypal to see if I could get my money back. Yesterday he go back to me with this nice email:

Subject:
the complaint on paypal
Date:Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:21:41 +0000
To:********@earthlink.net

hey man i have the money in another account that is under this email but i need you to take the complaint off for at least a day or two... with the complaint in place it is impossible for me to transfer my money to that account... please trust me on this... if i dont pay up right away then you can place the complaint again
-Josh
First off, anybody that says trust me when refuring to getting you money is completely full of it. Second, why the heck should he 'pay up'? I just want the stuff I bought... I wrote back and said basically I dont trust him and I want the stuff I bought. dur... Then he shows how smart he really is...

Subject:
Re: the complaint on paypal
Date:Sun, 01 Jan 2006 05:13:03 +0000
To:******@earthlink.net

did you send the emails to this email address? i didnt see any... i never check my N1_STYLEz@mail.streetracing.org thats why i never responded... the only way i knew that you had a complaint registered was when another ebayer sent me some money for an ecu... just take it off for at least a day and let me try to get some money to that account... there is like $-140 and my other account has $122 in it... after that i can get you the rest through my credit card... the throttle bodies were destroyed in a crash that i was involved in a few weeks back... heres a link to the thread with pictures if you dont believe me:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1469452
like i stated before... all im asking is for at least a day or two man
-Josh
Being the smart guy he is he sends me a link to honda-tech, where you can find a lot of usefull information.

- The thread about the accident was posted on the 20th at 9pm... 2 hours after the auction ended on ebay. If the ITB's were destoryed in the accident on the 20th (or whenever it was) why was he still expecting for payment on the 21st, 22nst, and 23rd?

- Umm, that is a mr2 that got all jacked up, right? How'd the ITB's get destoryed in the accident? Sure they could have been in a box in the trunk in the front... but why would they be in a box in the trunk while going to the ups store BEFORE I PAID HIM?

Well, this is why...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1453967

Originally Posted by Slimm-rw-
Throttlebodies were sold to me. Payment was made on dec 19th.
So he sold them to this other guy too?

I bet there are a bunch of typos and stuff somewhere in this post, but I just got home from a party and saw this reply and just had to get this off my chest before I get to bed. What a way to start the new year
Old 01-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump this up
Old 01-01-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm a Jackass

Default Re: (Josh.)

BUMP FOR GETTING SCAMMED ON HT YET AGAIN. God, I'm so tired of this. Where does this mother ****** live? I'll make a road trip if I have to, I'm gonna kick his ***
Old 01-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slimm-rw-)

damn scammers
Old 01-01-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Re: (dohcVTECeg2)

First off i am not trying to scam anyone... i was involved in an accident and i had a lot of the stuff that was for sale on both H-T and ebay in the car... most of the stuff was destroyed including an ecu, the ITB's, and a full MSD ignition system... the reason that i went through with selling the ITB's to both parties is i was trying to gather up some quick cash to pay my friend back for his car... i know it wasnt right but i did it and ive been trying to make it right... i just refunded slimm-rw- his money and im trying to get the money to pay Josh. back... ive also refunded the guy who wanted my ecu and the msd ignition... after i get Josh. paid off im all good with everyone... i just want it to be known by everyone that this is not as it sounds... i made a mistake with taking money after the ITB's were destroyed and right now im in the process of making it right... im sorry things worked out the way they did but thats what happened and im sorry... thats all i can say
-Josh
Old 01-01-2006, 03:16 PM

Default Re: (Crimson_Tide)

oh and i dont appreciate you posting my name up on here but its already done so whatever... check your email bro
-Josh
Old 01-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crimson_Tide &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh and i dont appreciate you posting my name up on here but its already done so whatever... check your email bro
-Josh</TD></TR></TABLE>

You prolly dont like your name being posted on here as much as he didnt like being dicked around and paying for an item you sold to two people, then dicking him around.

for shady people
Old 01-01-2006, 03:52 PM

Default Re: (Sassafrass)

im fine with him posting my username but there was no need to post my personal name
-Josh
Old 01-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sassafrass)

Scammers are all the same. They lay low hoping you don't do anything because of the distance between each other but once you start getting their **** out there they always fold. There are so many kids on this site without any respect for themselves or others. Bumping this so people can see what an irresponsible ***** this dude is.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:13 PM

Default Re: (b.d.racing)

yes i made a wrong decision... if i was so irresponsible and i didnt have any respect for myself or this guy i would just say "expletive you" and i wouldnt do anything about it... im being as responsible as i can by trying to pay this guy back what i owe him and possibly even more... ive made a wrong decision and im tryin to redeem myself
-Josh
Old 01-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You did make the wrong decision, that is why this post was made. Get me my money back in a timely fashion and I'll cancel the claim I made with paypal. I responded to your email and dont want you to buy me other parts to make up for it, just get me my money.

As far as posting your name... it's in your profile bro, anybody can see it just by looking in there. Shoot, you email is in there, your age, you location... you've got it all listed.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:28 PM

im in the process of doing that right now... im trying to figure out a way to send a a money order to you using my credit card
-Josh
Old 01-02-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm a Jackass

My money was refunded, thank you, but that doesn't make what you did right. I DO appreciate that you refunded me, btu WHAT THE expletive WERE YOU THINKING? You knowingly stole from two people?! You're a theif dude! I hope you think about this very, very seriously. I've been planning a build now for 3 weeks around ITBs that I dont' have. I've purchased a vacuum manifold, a vafc, all kinds of **** based around this one item. EVen if you gave me the $$$ back, you still screwed me. you still get a
Old 01-02-2006, 11:33 AM

youre welcome for the refund... i just wanted to make it right bro... i had a pair of 954 ITB's just like mine that i could have purchased and sent them to you but you said you only wanted the money... sorry for this whole mess again and i hope that you get your project on its way quickly
-Josh
Old 01-02-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm a Jackass

NO I said I still wanted them:

(8:57 PM 12/27/2005) Slimm-rw-: what's the story?
(9:54 PM 12/27/2005) Crimson_Tide: yeah bro it cleared... ive been working 12 hr work days lately and when i get out the ups store is closed so it'll be at least a week until i can get them out... is that cool with you?
(8:17 PM 12/29/2005) Slimm-rw-: not really... I dont' like this at all. If you can't ship them they shouldnt' be for sale you know? I'm patient, but I sent $$ on the 19th. and its now the 29th. what day are you going to ship them?
(8:18 PM 12/29/2005) Slimm-rw-: also, usps is open on saturdays
(9:10 PM 12/30/2005) Slimm-rw-: dude you need to respond and let me know whats up
(11:56 PM 12/30/2005) Crimson_Tide: alright bro i sold a few things and as soon as i get paid for the last thing i sold(which will be tomorrow) i will pay you back... if you need to get a hold of me ill be on here frequently
(1:26 AM 1/1/2006) Slimm-rw-: ok, that's fine. You can still send the itbs, I still want them, I just don't want to get scammed, you know? What day can you ship them?
(7:20 PM 1/1/2006) Slimm-rw-: congratulations on me gettign scammed again. Someone just started a scammer thread with your name at the top. if this is not true, you will need to send the items or the money back immediately. I will withdraw my paypal complaint upon receiving one of them
(11:08 PM 1/1/2006) Crimson_Tide: bro calm down... i have the money and im sending it in a few minutes... let me know when you recieve it... im not a scammer and im not trying to steal anyones money
(11:11 PM 1/1/2006) Crimson_Tide: just sent both payments

as you can see, I said multiple times I still want the itbs. But oh well, its too late now
Old 01-02-2006, 12:03 PM

no MY itb's were destroyed in the accident... what i meant was that i knew of a set just like mine on ebay that i could have purchased last night and sent them out to you
-Josh
Old 01-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1 person refunded. 1 to go.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:54 AM

soon man soon... the post office was closed yesterday but ill go today since there's one in the shopping plaza in which i work... ill let you know what happens
-Josh
Old 01-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So when can I expect my money back?
Old 01-05-2006, 05:52 AM

i went to the post office and they said that they dont sell money orders... im going to wait until this friday when i get paid and then im going to put the money in my checking account and try to get that account registered with paypal so that i can just send you money through paypal... if that takes too long ill just pull some money out of my account through a money order and send it to you that way... a week at most but i think itll be before then
-Josh
Old 01-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the post office doesnt sell money orders? Still waiting...
Old 01-08-2006, 03:42 AM

no thats what the guy said... im transferring money to my paypal account right now
-Josh
Old 01-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What a surprise, he still hasnt sent me ANY money.

However, paypal did get me $120.50 back

Funny thing is this guy sent me an email saying he had no money in that account, it wasnt tied into any checking account or credit cards, and I wouldnt be getting any money back if I didn't cancel the complaint. Oh noes!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:18 AM

what a suprise!! youre wrong again- my account is at -$120 right now... i didnt have any money in that account and like i told you before- the money transfer should be completed today... i dont know why its taking so long but thats the "estimated date of completion" that im getting from paypal... ill send you the other $25 when it comes in
-Josh

Modified by Crimson_Tide at 8:03 AM 1/13/2006
Old 01-13-2006, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Crimson_Tide / Josh Ray = SCAMMER (Josh.)

money sent
-Josh

Quick Reply: Crimson_Tide / Josh Ray = SCAMMER