Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR****

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR****

Like the topic says, do not buy anything from this guy! I paid him for a "DIY CTR door panel kit" over a year ago and have recieved NOTHING but headaches, bullshit lies, false promises, and as of late, attempted bullying by him saying that he's going to speak to his lawyer.

ALL OVER $77.25 that I sent him!!!!! I never recieved a kit, but he claims that he shipped 3 to me! He has provided me with 2 blurry shipping receipts (which I will also post later on today) saying that he shipped something to me, but the dates and other pertinent information are unreadable.

He has offered me a partial refund stating that he incurred shipping costs of $15.84 for shipping the other kits. Thus he says he will only refund $50 because of those shipping costs. I'm sorry, but if my math serves me correctly, $77.25-$15.84 = $61.41. So where does the magical $50 amount comne from?

MidwestSiR, you know this whole situation is bullshit, and that you have no legal grounds upon which to refuse a complete refund! You didn't deliver a kit to me after I paid for it. You owe me a refund for the kit that you FAILED to deliver! Plain and simple! And before you post in here saying that I've committed an act of libel and slander and that I'll be facing a lawsuit as per you "family lawyer", think again. I'd hate to have to make you look like a complete chump, because I'm well within my rights with what I have done, and will CONTINUE to do!

I will be posting ALL communiques in this thread between myself and MidwestSiR so everyone can see what a shady person MidwestSiR is.

*****DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY! EVER!*****

Here are some of the emails and messages thus far:

Some of my posts in his FS thread:

http://www.hondamarketplace.co...ge=17

Saved PM's:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(9:13 PM 12/23/2007) MidwestSiR: Sorry for the late response.. been caught up with the holiday happenings. I've talked to the mail port owner as well as a manager at the town USPS port and they're both looking into the two of the packages that I still have a receipt for. Neither of them promised anything but are going to try and locate/get an idea of where they would have traveled to/ended up.

The problem.. neither of them would give me even a ballpark of when they'll know anything.. especially with the holidays making mailing hectic. So.. what I'm willing to do is paypal you a $40 good faith amount until they get back to me.

If you're willing to wait/take the paypal just let me know. I'll try to check this once a day the next few days.
(7:15 AM 12/24/2007) civic_fan: No worries. Thats all I'm asking is that we find out what happened. I'm willing to wait to see the outcome, but please keep me updated on whats going on.
(10:03 AM 12/24/2007) MidwestSiR: Also, every bit of your paypal information must have been sent to the empazzi account that my ex partner used. I no longer have access to that account so if you'd send me your information I'd like to add your info to my account. Thanks
(8:26 PM 12/26/2007) civic_fan: ok...here's the info I would have used:

Email address: jmeehan_huntclubhonda@hotmail.com

Shipping address:

Jason Meehan
1351 Emerald Gate Ave.
Ottawa, Ontario
K1T 1C6
Canada</TD></TR></TABLE>

AND emails including my paypal receipt (arranged from newest to oldest):

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Sorry, but clarify for me what you mean by that you’ll “indefinitely” refund me $61.80.

I’m not sure if it’s a misuse of words, or if you’re playing games. I apologize, but it’s hard to believe anything coming from you at this point.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: February 5, 2008 9:00 PM
To: Jason Meehan
Subject: RE: paypal receipt info

I will indefinitely refund you $61.80 around 1pm tomorrow afternoon. Feel free to do with your thread as you may. I too feel that people should know all aspects of who they're buying from.

Just like you there are principles in the matter. Trust me.. I'm not at all desperate for any amount of money. I've offered you many times to take a refund MINUS SHIPPING, you could have taken it a while ago. I'll send a confirmation email when I send payment.

Justin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: midwests.finest@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 20:50:56 -0500

Fine. If you’ll agree to paypal me the $60 plus the 3% paypal fees, I’ll absorb the shipping costs even though it’s complete bullshit. I’m done quibbling over $17. I don’t have the time or patience to continue corresponding with you. You may be hard up for the cash, but I’m not going to lose sleep over $17.

Should you choose to agree to this, I will not contact the fraud department, nor will I contact my attorney. I will let this drop from a legal standpoint.

However, I will not remove my thread from Honda-Tech. I believe in people knowing who they deal with. While I will censor some of my post to remove your name, email address etc, I will leave the majority of it intact.

It’s completely up to you. I have been more than fair in proposing this. It’s your call.

Sent: February 5, 2008 8:44 PM
To: Jason Meehan

I apologize, it was meant to be $60 as near $17 was paid for shipping, we can get down to the exact dollar/cent amount if wanted. I'm also sorry it's come to this. I'll have my attorney contact the department again as soon as possible and give them all the information they need. I'm not going to withhold information from you, as I haven't in the first place. It's not just my call, we've both given each other our own take, just can't agree.

Justin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: midwests.finest@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 19:36:13 -0500

Well, I guess we’re at an impasse. I don’t get where you’re coming up with the magical $50 figure anyways. I sent you $77.25 in the first place. Your calculations don’t make sense. Regardless, any amount less than my full amount is not acceptable. I can assure you that I didn’t receive a kit. Trust me. My father is a high ranking police officer here in Ottawa, and I am in the process of getting hired on. There’s no way I would risk my career and tarnish my family’s name over some pieces of fabric.

That said, I guess the only option at this point is for me to pursue this further.

Who exactly did you speak to in the Fraud Section? I’m only asking as because I’m now going to pursue this, I would like to speak the exact person you spoke to as it will facilitate the processing of the file. Should you choose to not divulge that information, I WILL find out. I’ll simply have my father (who just so happens to have the fraud section under his jurisdiction within the Ottawa Police Service) talk to the members of the fraud section. I hope you left your contact information with them as I’m sure they will have more questions for you. As well, I will be contacting a lawyer. I suggest you do the same as I’m sure your “family lawyer” is ill-equipped to deal with criminal charges.

As I have stated before, I don’t wish to go this route as it’s not only a burden on my time, but also the resources of the Ottawa Police. But I refuse to let you rip me off.

I’ll be waiting for your response. It’s your call whether or not you want to follow this route.

Sent: February 5, 2008 7:16 PM
To: meehanj@rogers.com

Firstly this has nothing to do with any threads on honda-tech, none of my justifications are out of anger/bad feelings over a forum. I could really care less as I've squared away the two other problems except yours. I really just don't understand how 2 kits that were sent didn't show up and for me I personally can't speak nor prove the first kit being shipped unfortunately. I'm really trying to put myself in your shoes but do the same. That was cash out of my pocket to ship you two kits on my at the time partner and my own dollar.

And again as I've stated there is no tracking nor insurance with USPS Priority mail to Canada. They've basically told me I'm SOL. As stated before I totally would have refunded your full amount before other kits were shipped to you. But I've since taken a hit not only on extra kits but now extra shipping.

&gt; To: midwests.finest@hotmail.com
&gt; Subject: Re: paypal receipt info
&gt; From: meehanj@rogers.com
&gt; Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 00:04:14 +0000
&gt;
&gt; You won't be receiving the names. They are friends of mine, and as such, the conversations privileged.
&gt;
&gt; Regardless of your shipping receipts, I have nothing. No kit. How is it that you are attempting to justify only refunding part of my money? How is it anymore right for me to absorb the shipping than it is for you?
&gt;
&gt; The charges for shipping incurred on the other kits are a bone of contention between you and usps. Not me and you.
&gt;
&gt; Just refund my full amount Justin. There is no basis for you to refuse my full refund.
&gt;
&gt; I'm not pulling a quick one either. If for some reason one (or all) of the kits show up, I can honestly say that I would send them back to you on my dime.
&gt;
&gt; Once I receive my refund, I will retract the thread on h-t and have the admins delete it.
&gt;
&gt; Put yourself in my shoes.
&gt;
&gt; Let me know.
&gt;
&gt; Jason
&gt;
&gt; Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry
&gt;
&gt; -----Original Message-----
&gt; From: Justin Baker &lt;midwests.finest@hotmail.com&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 18:56:35
&gt; To:&lt;meehanj@rogers.com&gt;
&gt; Subject: RE: paypal receipt info
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; I'd like the names of who you spoke with please. After talking with them they're not exactly correlating what you'd stated. The fact that I have two proofs of shipping to your address shows that I am in no way scamming you. And that this is in no way any type of scam that's being committed. Please get back with me to your contact within the department so we can further this.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; To: midwests.finest@hotmail.com
&gt; &gt; Subject: Re: paypal receipt info
&gt; &gt; From: meehanj@rogers.com
&gt; &gt; Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:39:45 +0000
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; I have no attorney as I haven't felt it necessary to this point. As for the fraud department, feel free to call the Ottawa Police Service and speak to them however you won't get anywhere as a formal complaint has not been filed.....yet. I have only spoken to contacts within this department so far.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; I don't see how you think you can hit me for shipping charges. I never received anything. You should be pursuing USPS for the charges as they obviously dropped the ball somewhere.
&gt; &gt; Regardless, meet with your attorney if you want. I have done nothing wrong asking for my money back in full after being jerked around for over a year. Nor have I posted anything untrue on honda tech.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; So do what you wish. Your only option now is to give me my rightful full refund, or face legal consequences.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; I don't care about the $77.25....its the principle at this point. There is no reason why I shouldn't be getting a full refund. Regardless of how you try and justify it.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Rest assured that I WILL be keeping h-t updated with your bullshit until I receive a refund in full.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Jason Meehan
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; -----Original Message-----
&gt; &gt; From: Justin Baker &lt;midwests.finest@hotmail.com&gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:23:08
&gt; &gt; To:&lt;meehanj@rogers.com&gt;
&gt; &gt; Subject: RE: paypal receipt info
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; We'll see.. I'm meeting with my lawyer Monday morning. I'd like the contact information of your attorney as well as the information of the fraud department you've been speaking with. Thanks
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Justin
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; To: midwests.finest@hotmail.com
&gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: Re: paypal receipt info
&gt; &gt; &gt; From: meehanj@rogers.com
&gt; &gt; &gt; Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:03:35 +0000
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; If you'll agree to refunding my TOTAL initial amount, I will concede to that. Aside from that, I will not accept any less.
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; Under no circumstances will I cover shipping costs that were incurred by you as a result of the kits getting lost. That is between you and usps.
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; Jason Meehan
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; -----Original Message-----
&gt; &gt; &gt; From: Justin Baker &lt;midwests.finest@hotmail.com&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:00:36
&gt; &gt; &gt; To:&lt;meehanj@rogers.com&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: RE: paypal receipt info
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; I'm sorry. Provided were copies of the two receipts I have which is more than proof that kits were sent to your provided address. And stated refund would only be on what the dollar amounts were worth when the transaction took place. Thank you.
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; To: midwests.finest@hotmail.com
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: Re: paypal receipt info
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; From: meehanj@rogers.com
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:55:08 +0000
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; I don't know where you are getting your information from, but if its a "family lawyer" I suggest you do a bit of reading on your own in regards to contractual obligations as you are obviously being misinformed. You and you alone are responsible for any losses you incurred by allegedly sending three kits.....not me.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Again, I will reiterate the fact that regardless of how many kits you have claimed to sent to me, I never saw anything. Therefore, returning to the legalities of a contractual agreement, you did not fulfill your end of the agreement. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, upon receipt of payment, our situation became a binding contractual agreement. Thus your claim that you will only refund a partial amount is ludicrous!
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; You did not give me a kit. Plain and simple. If there was a mistake in the typing of the address, it was on your end. As can be seen in my paypal receipt, my address is typed correctly and there is no reason why the address information provided would be the root cause of me not receiving my kit. So that point is moot.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Look at it from my point of view. I'm going on a year with no kit. When I purchased the kit, it cost me close to $100 CAD due to the dollar not doing as well as it is now. And now you're only offering me a fraction of what I originally paid in canadian funds.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; So, like I had said before: I will only take a full refund that is equal to my initial investment in canadian funds (so essentially the same amount of CAD as USD assuming the dollars are near par - should you like to check, you can use http://www.xe.com).
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Should you choose to not offer me my rightful refund in full, I WILL pursue this.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; As well, a number of other h-t members have IM'ed me in regards to this and have filed paypal claims.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Jason Meehan
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; -----Original Message-----
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; From: Justin Baker &lt;midwests.finest@hotmail.com&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:35:32
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; To:Jason Meehan &lt;meehanj@rogers.com&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: RE: paypal receipt info
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; I'm not sure where you get the idea that I've now become some sort of scam artist on Honda-Tech but none the less I am in NO WAY trying to scam you! I'll go against what I've been told to do but included are the two receipts I have. I'm not sure what you mean by 'signed delivery document' but here are both items. Since I do not have the shipment receipt sent from my previous partner I can't provide a proof of that being sent.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Shipping for the first package was $8.19 and the second was $7.29. I'm not going to include the third packages charges due to me losing the receipt. The reason I'm deducting shipping from your return is because it's a price included in your kit and the address could have possibly been mistyped.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; I understand and am sorry about this taking a damn year to figure out. But I've done as much as I can and besides the refund I've offered the only other thing left would be to contact my ex-partner whom the transaction took place through.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; ----------------
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:47:29 -0800
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: Re: paypal receipt info
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; To: midwests.finest@hotmail.com
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Justin,
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; I'm sorry, but I'm not inclined to accept your offer of a partial refund. I fail to see how you, as the vendor, are trying to pass off shipping charges on me, the purchaser, for an item that you failed to provide. I already paid for shipping once. Why would I bear the cost of shipping on kits that you never delivered!!!!
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; You may have sent 'three kits'. However, I never recieved them, so as far as I'm concerned, they were never sent. And unless you can prove otherwise (ie. producing a signed delivery document, or providing some sort of proof of delivery to MY address), it is not my problem to bear where those kits ended up, nor the shipping charges! The fact that you have receipts showing that you shipped kits means nothing. There is no distinguishing those receipts from other things you sent out.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Furthermore, as far as legal ramifications go, you entered into a contractual agreement with me once you accepted payment from me for the 'DIY CTR Door Panel Kit' you had advertised. As such, due to the fact that you failed to produce the said kit, I should be entitled to a complete refund. You failed to satisfy your end of the contractual agreement with me by ensuring that I got a kit.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Therefore, there are NO legal grounds upon which you can justify your decision to offer a partial refund only. If anything, you should be offering more (over and above the original purchase price) as you have now kept my money for close to a year. However, I just want my initial investment back.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; I await your response. If you choose to not respond, or refuse to provide me with a complete refund, I WILL pursue this further. As much as you said that you never had any complaints from other purchasers, there seems to be quite a few complaints now. I will be contacting each and every one of the people who did not get a kit to ensure that FULL refunds are given to each and every one of us.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; I request that you email me back in reponse to this either offering a full refund or refusing to. It's your call. I am tired of the games. I will pursue this along with all the others who you have failed to provide with a kit after recieving money.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; ----- Original Message ----
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; From: Justin Baker &lt;midwests.finest@hotmail.com&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; To: Jason Meehan &lt;meehanj@rogers.com&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:40:54 PM
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: RE: paypal receipt info
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; After talking with USPS and my family attorney I'm willing to refund $50usd to you. The reason for it being $50 is me keeping the total shipping charges for the two (out of three) packages sent. I have receipts for only 2 of the three shippings. The total for shipping would be $15.48 so I feel $50 is fair. Let me know
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Thanks
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 05:33:44 -0800
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: paypal receipt info
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; To: Midwests.finest@hotmail.com
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Here's the info. My paypal address is jmeehan_huntclubhonda@hotmail.com &lt;mailto:jmeehan_huntclubhonda@hotmail.com&gt ; .
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Transaction Details
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &lt;https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR.../pixel.gif&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &lt;https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR.../pixel.gif&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &lt;https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR.../pixel.gif&gt; &lt;https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR.../pixel.gif&gt; &lt;https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR.../pixel.gif&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Payment Sent (ID #645521605A672914Y)
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Original Transaction
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Date Type Status Details Amount
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Apr. 5, 2007Payment To Kyle Smith Completed ...-$77.25 USD
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Related Transactions
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Date Type Status Details Amount
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Apr. 5, 2007Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed &lt;https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/w...ory_cache=&gt; Details $91.32 CAD
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Apr. 5, 2007Currency Conversion Completed &lt;https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/w...ory_cache=&gt; Details -$91.32 CAD
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Apr. 5, 2007Currency Conversion Completed &lt;https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/w...ory_cache=&gt; Details $77.25 USD
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Conversion to:
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Kyle Smith
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Email:
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; empazzi@hotmail.com
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Total Amount:
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; -$77.25 USD
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; From amount:
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; -$91.32 CAD
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; To amount:
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; $77.25 USD
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Exchange Rate:
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; 1 Canadian Dollar = 0.845931 U.S. Dollars
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Date:
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Apr. 5, 2007
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Time:
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; 06:20:38 PDT
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Status:
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Completed
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Note:
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; from civic_fan on H-T. Please ship CTR red material for both to the shipping address provided.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Thanks.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Shipping Address:
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; 1351 Emerald Gate Avenue
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Ottawa, Ontario
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; K1T1C6
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Canada
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Confirmed
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Justin requested that I deal with him as he and his ex-partner, BB4lude here on H-T had split. The money was sent to BB4lude, but as stated before, Justin requested that I deal with him and him alone.

He obviously thinks he's in the right. And I think otherwise. What does the H-T community think? Post up what you think!

Sorry for the long read.

EDIT:

Here are the blurry pictures he sent me of two supposed shipping receipts:

Modified by civic_fan at 6:04 PM 2/5/2008
Old 02-01-2008, 08:42 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR**** (civic_fan)

sorry to hear! if it's been over a year, consider scammed! where is he located?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:53 AM

Default Re: ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR**** (talespinc)

I'm still in contact with him, so all is not lost. However, I am sick of the BS.

I'm not sure where he is from.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:06 PM

Default Re: ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR**** (civic_fan)

Bump so everyone can see how shady MidwestSiR is!

GIVE ME MY REFUND!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow Jason Im sorry dude. GL!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:24 PM

Default Re: ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR**** (Mr.OB*GYN_Rhett)

Yeah Rhett, I wish it wasn't like this. It's complete BS. It's not the monetary value of this. It's the principle. I'm not about to let this punk scam me out of cash that's rightfully mine

And for those who question whether or not I'm legit, Rhett here can vouch for that....We went through hell with a set of rims I bought off him that FEDEX damaged during shipping. And not once did I attempt to screw him over. I'm legit and in the right here.

Man up and pay me Justin! Or I promise this will be taken to the next level.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:34 PM
HRD PKR

By chance is the stuff stuck in customs? I know he is from Michigan.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

--- Looks like he took the picture with low frame camera, against a monitor/tv. See the line across the picture, that could be the fast framed tv.

maybe that pic is fake

or maybe its just shadows.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:03 PM

Default Re: ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR**** (B16B_coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16B_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">By chance is the stuff stuck in customs? I know he is from Michigan.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I held hope of that for a while, however, 3 kits being delayed for a year? Doubtful. I'm just asking for my money back.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:22 AM

TTT....So everyone sees this BS.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

refund him his money you cheap ****!!! Its only $77 dollars geez. You work at mcdonalds or wendys???
Old 02-02-2008, 11:20 AM

Default Re: ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR**** (REAL TIME)

If any of H-T master sleuths cna help me find more info on this guy, it would be greatly appreciated. All info can be PM'ed to me and will remain completely anonymous should you wish.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR**** (REAL TIME)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by REAL TIME &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">refund him his money you cheap ****!!! Its only $77 dollars geez. You work at mcdonalds or wendys??? </TD></TR></TABLE>
word cheap *** **** n scammers should get **** on
Old 02-02-2008, 03:11 PM

Default Re: ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR**** (Bao Weezy)

TTT to keep this current so people who may be able to help can see this!
Old 02-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_fan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I held hope of that for a while, however, 3 kits being delayed for a year? Doubtful. I'm just asking for my money back.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ive shipped to canada quite a few times. and the parts will get held up in customs until the receiver pays a tax fee. its possible that all 3 kits are sitting in customs awaiting your payment.

which carrier did he use for shipment? what do the tracking numbers say?
Old 02-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR**** (STREETWERKZ)

I live in canada and have built about 20 project cars, I have never had anything "held" at the boarder. Yes it usally takes a week longer but thats all. I warned you about this jackass a long time ago but people still order from him.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you used paypal your fine. Call your card company if you used your card and tell them what happened. If you used your bank card call them. You will get your money back within a few days and he will go negative in the paypal.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:18 PM

Default Re: ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR**** (STREETWERKZ)

He claims he used USPS. But he never once provided me with tracking numbers even after I asked repeatedly. His only response was that he never recieved any.

As well, I have never recieved any sort of letter from anyone about any tax fees and an awaiting shipment.

I asked him on numerous occasions to take the time and track back through USPS to see where the packages went, but he never seemed interested in doing so.

Now I've shipped cross border more than once. Maybe its just me, but if I shipped something out, and the reciever didn't get it in a reasonable time, I'd be raising hell trying to find where it went. Not so with Justin here.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highroller54 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I warned you about this jackass a long time ago but people still order from him. </TD></TR></TABLE>

\You've warned me? I think you're thinking about someone else. Had I been warned, I would have never ordered squat from him.

But I agree with you about the shipping. The most I've have EVER had something delayed through USPS was 1-2 weeks. NOT A YEAR!

Regardless, we'll see what Justin has to say about this, if he decides to post. There's no way in hell he can possibly think that he is justified in keeping ANY of my money.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:25 PM

Default Re: (Doostur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doostur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you used paypal your fine. Call your card company if you used your card and tell them what happened. If you used your bank card call them. You will get your money back within a few days and he will go negative in the paypal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I used paypal, but because MidwestSiR screwed me around for so long, I have eclipsed the allowable time period in which to make a paypal claim.

So I have no option but to contact the local authorities to Justin and have it dealt with that way. It may seem excessive over $77.25, but there is no place for crooks on this planet IMO.

And Justin, if you're reading this, rest assured that I have more than ample information that I will be providing your local authorities with. I'm sure your family doesn't want the police showing up at your door to question you. The internet is a wonderful thing.

I will not be posting any of the information on here, as the legal risk I would be assuming by doing so isn't worth the satisfaction I would feel, but I have plenty with which I can provide the authorities.

Sweet dreams Justin. You have my paypal address. This will all go away if you just paypal the cash to me.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Clever Girl

Default Re: (civic_fan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_fan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I used paypal, but because MidwestSiR screwed me around for so long, I have eclipsed the allowable time period in which to make a paypal claim.

: </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you used a credit card, call the company, explain your situation, and get a chargeback. This doesn't have anything to do with a paypal claim.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cpgfilth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cpgfilth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you used a credit card, call the company, explain your situation, and get a chargeback. This doesn't have anything to do with a paypal claim.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly. paypal is worthless when it comes fileing claims, i always skip them all together.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:31 AM

Default Re: (Doostur)

It wasn't done on my credit card unfortunately. So I can't get a chargeback done.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did you call UPS? if he sent 3 kits to you they sould have record of it. just call and see if there is any packages being sent to your address. The sould be able to give you that info.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

\You've warned me? I think you're thinking about someone else. Had I been warned, I would have never ordered squat from him.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

from his for sale post were you orderd your kit from

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highroller54 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Payed april the 11th, now march the 17 still no kit. Was Prommised a new kit to be sent out with tracking number on the 16th by 9:00am and still no word no number no expletiveall. dad0c402 is in the same boat, dam did I paypal hotrex dam near $100.00? Driving with power window and lock switches hanging and getting closed in the door FTL

****I will retract this post if either kit shows up****</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highroller54 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">19th still no tracking number </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highroller54 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Paypal claim filed, sorry but it 45 days I dont have my two pieces of 20x40 fabric, my $85.00 or my tracking number. Got to protect my ***. I still really need the fabric but goddamit man get your **** together, you had a good little thing going here why kill it hotrex shipping 101 style?</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highroller54 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like how you tryed to make me look like the bad guy for wanting the product I payed for, sorry about that

I will cancel the claim the second I recieve something. You have promissed me many things but till now I have got nothing but excusses. I only have 45 days to file a claim and today was the last day, I need to cover my *** to bro. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highroller54 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like how you tryed to make me look like the bad guy for wanting the product I payed for, sorry about that
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-03-2008, 05:02 PM

Default Re: ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR**** (highroller54)

Never saw that. Unfortunately, it was 6 days late. You paid on April 11. I sent my money on April 5th. Too little too late unfortunately.

Quick Reply: ****BEWARE! Do not purchase items from user: MidwestSiR****