Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

PCI Spherical Rear Trailing Arm Bushing & Carbotech XP12 Brake Pads REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCI Spherical Rear Trailing Arm Bushing & Carbotech XP12 Brake Pads REVIEW

I wanted to give a review on the PCI spherical rear trailing arm bushing that I installed in my 2000 Integra.

Pretty much one word to describe them, amazing!

The rear end of the car feels so much more planted and predictable. For the time being, the car is my daily driver which is getting really rough for street use. It is stripped, autopower roll bar, koni/ground control (450F/400R), HardRace spherical camber kit, ES black poly bushings, ASR brace, JDM ITR rear sway bar, Hasport Billet mounts with the 70A race inserts, ls/vtec 190whp.

As far as on the track, the biggest thing I notice was just how predictable the back end feels. I have only been to Road Atlanta since installing them and compared to stock bushings, I felt a lot more confident.

My opinion, worth the money!!!! I would recommend these to anyone who is serious about tracking their car.

As far as having them in a daily driver, it is possible, you do feel and hear a lot more road noise and the bumps are 10x worse in the rear (yes, it sounds like metal on metal). But I'm sure if you had your interior in the car, it wouldn't be as bad. I wanted to test them on the street as well to see how they hold up against the harsh conditions they experience everyday.

Carbotech XP12

I have RSX TypeS front calipers and rotors and ITR rear brakes. XP12 on the front, Hawk HP+ on the rear.

Initial bite - strong and reassuring knowning that your brakes will stop you
Fade - NONE

These pads are incredible. They stop on a dime and very very strong stopping power. I could definitely wait longer before having to brake just knowing that I had the brakes to stop.

I highly recommend them.

I am also using them as daily driver pads for now lol till I get a second car to retire the integra as my daily driver. But as far as using them on the street and being able to drive to and from the track, YES you can. These pads stop great on the street, BUT, they squeel and have the brake noise is very noticable. They stop great on the street, just have to tap the brake quickly once to put a little heat in them then, they will really stop you on a dime.

Highly recommend the XP12.

This post was just to give some feedback on both products. I do not know these manufacturers or represent them.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll be glad to try and answer them.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: PCI Spherical Rear Trailing Arm Bushing & Carbotech XP12 Brake Pads REVIEW

Ive been curious about spherical bushings. Let us know how they hold up driving on the street
Old 03-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PCI Spherical Rear Trailing Arm Bushing & Carbotech XP12 Brake Pads REVIEW

Are you able to share a little more info on your front brakes setup? Or point me in a direction to where I may learn more about the conversion.

Very happy to hear you like the PCI stuff. I have these going on my car so good to see positive reviews. Just out of curiosity, would these be the original bushing or the new offset style ones?

Thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Godd little review - I will need some bushings in the near future and I'll look into these.

Just a comment about the brakes - get cheap pads to throw in the fronts for the street... You're going to eat up $200 pads on the street? You'll thank me later or wish you did when you realize how fast they've worn out and you need to drop another 200 bones. Just $.02 but worth $200.00 Autozone performance frictions I always had good luck with for a $30 throw-away pad.

What tires are you on? I would imagine xp12's are overkill for street tires... Im on XR2's (like xp10's) and they're way more pad than I need - very easy lockup... But the slicks this summer should be a better test of them :-)
Old 03-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

He has the 2nd version on the PC-I bushing.
I had a lot of rear issue with different hard rubber bushing back there then swap to the PC-I. Deff made my rear end more predictable and easy to manage with the 32mm rear sway bar. Won't use anything else.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome dude! I hope all is well. PM me some pics/vids.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by zel05
Are you able to share a little more info on your front brakes setup? Or point me in a direction to where I may learn more about the conversion.

Very happy to hear you like the PCI stuff. I have these going on my car so good to see positive reviews. Just out of curiosity, would these be the original bushing or the new offset style ones?

Thanks
RSX TypeS front brake rotors, calipers and caliper brackets off of any 02-06 RSX TypeS. The rotors are hub centric and 5 lug so they need to be redrilled. 1 hole will overlap but it is not an issue because the rotor is hub centric and not going anywhere. The caliper bracket needs to have 3.2mm of material machined off the back of the bracket where it mounts to the knuckle.

I will be selling my kit in the next week or 2 because I will be going to a different setup.

And yes, they are the new offset style.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by swhangin
Ive been curious about spherical bushings. Let us know how they hold up driving on the street
I will definitely update how they are holding up on the street. I'm curious as well to see how long they actually last/hold up from street use.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by VTECIntegra9
Just a comment about the brakes - get cheap pads to throw in the fronts for the street... You're going to eat up $200 pads on the street? You'll thank me later or wish you did when you realize how fast they've worn out and you need to drop another 200 bones. Just $.02 but worth $200.00 Autozone performance frictions I always had good luck with for a $30 throw-away pad.

What tires are you on? I would imagine xp12's are overkill for street tires... Im on XR2's (like xp10's) and they're way more pad than I need - very easy lockup... But the slicks this summer should be a better test of them :-)
Yes I know I will wear them out. I am actually switching to a different brake setup in the next week or 2 and instead of wasting money on pads for these calipers, I will just keep them on. I bought them used at Road Atlanta 2 weekends ago because I was sent the wrong pads and just happened to find someone there with a used set to sell me. I have a brand new set of XP10 waiting to go on the new setup.

For street tires I am using RT-615K and for track I am using Nitto NT-01 225/45-15.

And actually the XP12's work great on the street as far as being able to stop. They do dust like no other. I've never locked them up on the street yet.

As far as the PCI bushings, you will not regret buying them. Worth every penny. Great quality and the benefits/results you get from them are very noticeable in my opinion. Topdog will agree with me.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mtny
Awesome dude! I hope all is well. PM me some pics/vids.
Here is a link to one of my videos at Road Atlanta

http://www.vimeo.com/21099840
Old 02-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any updates on the spherical bearings?
Old 02-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just picked up a set - won't be able to use them for a while but - FYI!
Old 02-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The RTA Bearings are pretty amazing... It made a world of a difference on the rear end grip and control on my car. Glad you like them!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i kinda wish mine would blow up only so i'd have an excuse to try the offset ones
Old 02-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Lo-Buck EF
i kinda wish mine would blow up only so i'd have an excuse to try the offset ones
Where can i find info on these offset ones?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by swhangin
Where can i find info on these offset ones?
http://www.specialprojectsms.com/per...aring-kit.html

also, if u search this forum theres a thread about them when they first came out.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh man, the PCI have been great!!! Highly recommend them to any track car.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 92integraVTECgsr
Here is a link to one of my videos at Road Atlanta

http://www.vimeo.com/21099840
Drove RA a couple weeks ago in chumpcar. Those blind crests are so much more dramatic than video can show. And turn 11 takes a large pair of attachments.

If staying carbotech and not swapping rotors they will tell you that you need to stay carbotech compound to avoid issues with inconsistent material transfer to the rotor.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are the offset versions legal for HC?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hate to be bumping up an old thread, but just curious to know how the PCI RTA bushings have been holding up for you. Any issues yet? Still enjoying them?
Old 07-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1998GsRIntegra
Hate to be bumping up an old thread, but just curious to know how the PCI RTA bushings have been holding up for you. Any issues yet? Still enjoying them?
I've had my pci rta bushings since july 2011 and clocked 13 track days since then along with daily driving. No issues and still work great.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Mine are holding up great. No issues. Tons of DD miles and I can't even count how many track days 20+
Old 07-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very similar results with the Wicked Tuning Spherical RTA bearings. Rocking Carbotech XP10s on my stock 99 Si calipers, and loving them. I haven't changed them out for cheaper pads because i hardly drive the car. Rarely on the street, just to and from my buddy's shop to do work on it.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by donut.
I've had my pci rta bushings since july 2011 and clocked 13 track days since then along with daily driving. No issues and still work great.
How many street miles? How much noise transmission?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 92integraVTECgsr
Mine are holding up great. No issues. Tons of DD miles and I can't even count how many track days 20+
Same with me. I had tons of dd miles on my PCI Spherical RTA Bearings before I converted it to a track car only. Even then, it was driven to and from the track every time. I've probably had about 20+ track days with no slop and play in the shafts. These are solid!

If anyone has any questions regarding PCI parts, feel free to PM me.

-Charles