Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Hidraulic Jack Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hidraulic Jack Help

Hey guys, i'm posting here since the people that read this part of the forum are the more dooers.
Anyway, i just bought an hydraulic jack that came with two jack stands, but the problem is the jack doesn't work, it's a craftsman (this one to be exact http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr...34000) and when reading the instructions to purge the system it says to loosen the oil FILTER plug and pump it several times, now, i can only seem three plugs, one on the left side of the valve that controls the up or down motion (sorry lack of words to explain), another one on the right side of the valve and one in the hidraulic part of the jack, i tried loosen the one on the left side and the one on the hidraulic, and it didn't work. i dunno what to do, i had this jack shipped overseas.....
Old 09-02-2004, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Hidraulic Jack Help (GZERO)

Oil filter on a jack? That sounds a little odd. Anywho, usually when jacks are purchased through the internet, they aren't filled with the proper amount of oil prior to shipping. My guess would be to try the 2 plugs (don't bother with the 'up and down' plug) to see what you can figure out. Keep some hydraulic oil handy just in case.

Also, try giving them a call! If you can't call overseas or if its too expensive, I would be more than happy to lend you a hand!
Old 09-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hidraulic Jack Help (EKology)

i'll try tomorrow with some pacience, thanks for the help, i'll let you know what happend!
Old 09-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i couldn't wait till tomorrow.

I tried playing with it, adding oil, and nothing, i even tried to play with the adjustment **** and i think i messed something, since it had a lil cap that said "Do not adjust"

does anyone knows how to adjust it back to stock position?
Old 09-03-2004, 08:44 AM

sounds like they want you to losen the oil filler plug and bleed the cylinder of air
Old 09-03-2004, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Hidraulic Jack Help (vodomagoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vodomagoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like they want you to losen the oil filler plug and bleed the cylinder of air</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's exactly what they want you to do! IIRC, the oil filler plug was just a hard to remove rubber stopper that sat right on top of the big cylinder. I just popped it off, and pumped the jack a few time before putting it back on and using it to lift my car...
Old 09-03-2004, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Hidraulic Jack Help (LX4CYL)

I have a similar jack. It had to be replaced three times... Chinese made piece of $hit. The third time, I had to adjust the screw that said "do not adjust" in order to get it to lift. The other screw controls how much pressure is sent to make it raise quickly up to the lifting point in one stroke.

Is it me or is everything made in China now adays?

/end rant
Old 09-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hidraulic Jack Help (PupaScoopa)

oh boy! i hope that you're wrong, i paid 84 bucks for the jack and 90 bucks to get it down here (Venezuela), if that's true, i'll guess it'll set me back 180 bucks more (90 to get it to the states and 90 to get the new one down here)

Anyway, can u describe what you do to make it work?? how did you adjust the "do not adjust" screw?
Did your release valve turn only like 1/8 of a turn?? the other jacks i own turn a lot more than that.

thanks for your help man