Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

ATTN 96-00 civic drivers, what aero aee you using

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default ATTN 96-00 civic drivers, what aero aee you using

Sorry for so many posts in here lately, but I've spent countless hours searching for functional aerodynamics and come up with little but rice tastic bumpers

I'm currently building a 97 ex coupe for dual purpose street/track car. Car sees mostly flat surfaces on the street and we do a few fairly hardcore mountain runs. The tracks I drive will be mostly Atlanta Motorsports Park and Road Atlanta...

I'm currently lookin at the Kiwi Special Projects P1 side skirts and potentially their front splitter kit.
I had debated on building a simple flat bottom for the car but what's stumping me is the rear. Since it is a street car so I don't want some massive wing on the car all the time. I also know that for a wing to truly be effective it has to transmit its down force straight to the chassis, no trunk mounting.

I don't have a problem doing the required work to make the wing attach properly but would like to in corporate some sort of quick release for when I'm just doing street driving

I was also looking at rear diffusers. top one's piece really caught my eye as far as style and fitment but apparently top has stopped producing most of their chassis parts.

I was debating about taking one for an s2000 and modify it to fit, unless someone here has better advice/alternatives.

So I am open to any and all advice, the parts above aren't set it stone, (although I do particularly like KSPs side skirts) I'm just trying to find a clean, solid aero package that will serve my needs.

And like I said I searched, way too much, but got nothing but ricey parts.

Any and all help/advice/current setups
Your time, patience, and advice is most humbly and gratefully appreciated.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ATTN 96-00 civic drivers, what aero aee you using

You will be wasting your money to put any of the functional aero parts on a street driven car. Just buy some sticky tires for your "hardcore mountain runs"
Old 03-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: ATTN 96-00 civic drivers, what aero aee you using

I'll be doing more lapping at AMP then mountain runs. I need some form of aero, sticky tires can't solve all problems.