Notices
Other Make Vehicles Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru, BMW, Audi, etc.

Exotics Rally – Turkey Run 2010 pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exotics Rally – Turkey Run 2010 pictures

Last Sunday, I decided to join the Exotics Rally/Turkey Run 2010, which is probably going to be my last car event prior to putting on my winter wheels and tires. The charity drive was hosted by Exotics Classics in Syosset, NY and consisted of 117 miles to Monticello Motor Club. It was my first Exotic rally since several years ago and this time all participants needed to have a minimum of $100K personal property damage insurance. I checked my paperwork and I only had $25K. Whoops! A quick call to my agent and $16 extra a year, and I was set.

The rally resulted with enough money raised to grant a wish to a terminally ill child and their family. There were definitely some frustrations due to the unexpected police presence near our destination. We actually got on the news. Unfortunately, a lot of it was not true. Only a few of us received tickets, and they were for minor infractions such as tinted windows and no front plate. I was a NJ car in NY with no front plate, so I was safe.

Some examples:

http://www.drunkdrivingfacts.net/con...ullivan-county

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/101119908

We all met up pretty early in Syosset, NY. Luckily I was the 5th car or so there because an hour later, the line to register was ridiculous. It was a little overwhelming with the amount of participants this time so we left a little later than expected.

Well, onto the pictures! These were taken by either me or my codriver, Jess. Canon 7D with 24-70mm f/2.8L was the equipment. Results posted were a combination of my nice lens and my beginner Photoshop skills haha. I’m still learning. Enjoy.

In no particular order…

After registering, we had nothing to do except walk up and down the street ogling at cars. Lots of Corvettes, and there was even a ZR1. I have never seen one in person. I wonder if these things are still $100K to purchase.

This guy had a license plate that read 520hp, which I found to be true once we hit the highways.

So I learned something new. Those little chrome brackets? They are there so that a rod can be placed in between and lift the car. I suppose the chassis is weird so a conventional lift cannot do it.

The driver later said he was pretty cold during the drive and was envious of those with heat haha.

Obviously that awesome white car was the coolest of them all. 

Wish I had brought my GoPro along. This was the only NSX there, and frankly it’s been quite a long time since I saw one.

I would love to get something like this for my car, but forged/concave wheels are so expensive nowadays.

Pretty close clearance on the calipers on the Maserati.

Check out those beautiful brakes!

My codriver and photographer while I was driving.

Convertible E93 M3.

There were tons of beautiful Porsches this time. GT2s, GT3s, turbos, oh my.

There was a single “drift” car here. Didn’t get a shot of it, only the bumper. It was a right hand drive Toyota Soarer (SC300).

A couple of Mustangs joined in the fun too.

Don’t know too much about Skylines. I think this is an R34 non-GTR, right?

Aston Martin Vanquish S.

For some strange reason, I didn’t see this guy again after we left the starting point. Wonder why.

This guy was fast.

The front ends on these things are so aggressive.

Check out the *** on this one.

I think this was my favorite Porsche.

Seth the organizer speaking at the driver’s meeting. Lady with the tattoos is the husband of the green Lambo driver.

As we left, the Syosset police was nice enough to block off the streets for us.

I think this is the Jericho Turnpike. I don’t know NY too well.

Confusion that happens when a ton of cars try to cram into a single lane exit.

Obviously taken on a closed course with safety in mind. I had to set the camera on auto for my codriver since she wasn’t too DSLR savvy. Needle was basically pointed all the way to the right, and then some. I’ll let you guys figure out what speed it was.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Exotics Rally – Turkey Run 2010 pictures

Two girls in an Audi RS6 with a license plate RS Sicks. Pretty clever. Very fast car.

Followed these guys for most of the end of the rally. Surprisingly I was able to keep up quite easily in the M.

This R8 roadster was awesome looking.

Fellow photog snapping pics.

This is where the interesting part happened. I flashed the driver’s ahead as a state trooper entered the highway. We all were going the speed limit at this point. He slowly passed us, and I’m assuming he zoomed ahead to help out with the road block.

As I crested over a hill, there was a lady state trooper standing in the middle of the road. Very unsafe spot to be, but oh well. She started to point cars over to the shoulder. Apparently anybody with a “nice” car was targeted. There were even some old couples in Corvettes that were pointed over.

The trooper on the left here was trying to be a tough guy I suppose. As each car pulled up, he would flip out/count another ticket.

More cars piling up.

Girl driving a Porsche turbo.

Behind me.

If you have an SUV, you’re free to go.

Backup arrives.

Well, as expected nothing happened. None of us were actually doing anything wrong at the time of the stop.

Finally here. I did not take part in the track day (which was an additional $200 or $275 or so). I figured $200 for my passenger and I were enough already.

Nice membership prices.

There’s some video floating around the Interwebs , and I may have taken some, but it was recommended that nothing displaying people going over the speed limit were posted.

Hope you enjoyed. Can’t wait for next year.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's awesome! Looks like a great event for a great cause. Sucks about the "tough guy" cops and the crappy news reports. But at least they let you guys go... and hopefully without too much trouble.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:44 PM
My old title sucked.

Nice. Thank you for sharing. I'm going to look into something like that around here.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow
Old 11-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

125000 + 9600 a year... Yowza. But I guess if you can afford a Ferrari or any of those cars, it wouldn't be too bad. Beautiful cars and beautiful pics.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Beard

"Finally here. I did not take part in the track day (which was an additional $200 or $275 or so). I figured $200 for my passenger and I were enough already."

You wouldnt do a track day for another few hundred dollars, yet you're in an $65k M3 and hanging out with a few million in cards? Comon playboy...!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thank u for taking a pic of my skyline r34.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Botched thread poll

Thank god for California.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:19 AM
I collect venereal diseases

Originally Posted by shamoo
Lots of Corvettes, and there was even a ZR1. I have never seen one in person. I wonder if these things are still $100K to purchase.
Yes. The sticker price is around $110k, I believe.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:42 AM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Beautiful shots and I never knew that about the jacking point of the Shelby Cobras. Very interesting tidbit.

Also, you said that the chick with the tattoos was a husband... may want to go and edit that.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh my! Amazing cars! Thanks for sharing the photos.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rguy
You wouldnt do a track day for another few hundred dollars, yet you're in an $65k M3 and hanging out with a few million in cards? Comon playboy...!
Haha. Well, I didn't mind the money. But I did a track day 2 weeks ago, a rally the prior weekend, and the girl I was with had to be home by a certain time. The end point of the rally was 2+ hours away from home.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow... amazing!
Old 12-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lady with the tattoos is the husband of the green Lambo driver.