Notices
Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

VSA Help: Activation Light stays on, abs/vsa light come on after driving

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSA Help: Activation Light stays on, abs/vsa light come on after driving

Hello, I installed a security/remote start system on my gf's 2011 Pilot a while back and it appears that I forgot to plug the steering angle sensor back in (My bad! ). Well she has been driving it like this for a while now and I just got around to fixing it and saw my mistake.

However after plugging it back in I still had the VSA indicator light (! inside of a triangle) on permanently. I read in the manual that if the problem goes away the indicator will go off after being driven. However after taking it for a drive around the parking lot, instead of going off the VSA and ABS lights came on. They go off after I turn the car off and only come on after I drive it some. Usually by the time I get to 30 mph the lights are on.

Does the VSA system need to be calibrated/reset or something? It probably isn't good that the steering wheel has been moving with the sensor unplugged. I do have a replacement sensor that I bought when I thought the sensor was bad but I no longer think that the sensor is bad.

Any help with be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:05 AM
Trial User

Default Re: VSA Help: Activation Light stays on, abs/vsa light come on after driving

I'm having a similar problem on my 2006 pilot.

I cleared the codes in my TCS ABS VSA module with a generic scan tool and now my VSA indicator light (! inside of a triangle) stays on. After driving for a while the amber "VSA" lights up as well.

When I scan the system again I get an 84-1 code "Sensor Logic Failure". After searching online for a few days I found the way to reset the system (called a "TCS Pressure sensor neutral position memorization") for a 2003 accord, but it doesn't work on my Pilot. Has anyone come across this before or have access to the factory service manual with the procedure for my 2006 Pilot?

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Reg
Old 02-07-2015, 05:09 AM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: VSA Help: Activation Light stays on, abs/vsa light come on after driving

Originally Posted by titanium330
I'm having a similar problem on my 2006 pilot.

I cleared the codes in my TCS ABS VSA module with a generic scan tool and now my VSA indicator light (! inside of a triangle) stays on. After driving for a while the amber "VSA" lights up as well.

When I scan the system again I get an 84-1 code "Sensor Logic Failure". After searching online for a few days I found the way to reset the system (called a "TCS Pressure sensor neutral position memorization") for a 2003 accord, but it doesn't work on my Pilot. Has anyone come across this before or have access to the factory service manual with the procedure for my 2006 Pilot?

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Reg
Hello, I have a 2005 Honda accord. A car fell on the hood. Then I got activation triangle light on and when driving the TCS light came on. told them and they fix the body work and cleared all codes. I have the activation triangle on when I start the car and stays on. Drive for about a minute and the TCS light comes on, wondering if I have to rest the "TCS Pressure sensor neutral position memorization" also but do not know what to do. any help would be great as the shop is giving a hard time along with the insurance company who was suppose to fix all for it. Thanks
Old 02-07-2015, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VSA Help: Activation Light stays on, abs/vsa light come on after driving

I ended up taking mine into the dealership for them to clear the code and found out that it was the battery going bad and messing up the electronics. Might be worth a look.