Acura MDX / RDX

Low Oil Pressure Light on

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 04:03 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Oil Pressure Light on

Hello,

I am hoping someone may be able to make sense of this. I have a 2008 Odyssey EX, 99k miles. The oil pressure light came on while driving. It doesn't come on until the car gets a bit hot so maybe after 20 minutes of driving. I also noticed the light came on at idle and then when I rev up the engine it goes off. Here is what my mechanic has done.

1. Replaced the sender unit. This did not seem to be the problem as the light still went off.
2. They did a 2 hour pressure test at idle and each time they checked it the meter read 25 psi.
3. After doing the above the light still went on so they did an oil change and put in a heavier grade oil.
4. The engine sounds great, no noises or anything of that nature.,
5. I do have an oil leak but they do not feel this is causing the issue. They did it is either a head gasket leak or there is a TSB about oil coming through the bolts on the block, under the compressor. They said neither of these would cause the oil light to come on.

Any suggestions? The car temperature is always fine. I drove it good last night after getting the heavier oil and the light did not come on.

Do you think there is internal damage like the bearings if it is a clearance issue? If so will driving it continue to cause problems even if the light isn't coming on.

Thanks

Dominick