Notices
Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

I really want to buy a Ridgeline, worth the $$?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really want to buy a Ridgeline, worth the $$?

Sold my Type R and bought a sofa Xterra, then bought a Frontier for the wife and now I want my Honda back. I'm looking at the RTS, but 31K seems a bit steep especially after you throw in 595.00 dealer charge and I'll need to add a roof rack as well for another few hundo. So we're looking at tax, tag, title, around 34K?? My Xterra was only 22K and my Frontier was 24K. Extra 10K really worth it? Are you happy with your Ridgeline?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:06 AM
I'm here for the gangbang!

no, if you really want a truck get a Ford or GM. The Ridgeline's engine sucks. The only nice thing is the tailgate which folds down or swings out...and the extra cargo area under the bed.

Here are the two options I'm looking at:
2006 Silverado/Sierra
Crew Cab (4 real doors)
Cloth interior
full power
15/19 mpg
285hp
$22k

2007 Silverado/Sierra
Crew Cab
Cloth interior
full power
20/22 mpg
300hp
$27k

of course I get GM Supplier discount so it's really like $19k and $22k for the 2006 and 2007, respectively.

But that's me....or Saab is running a sick deal w/ 0% financing and $3k cash back on most cars

<---wants a 9-3
Old 12-05-2006, 08:56 AM
In a Junkyard near you.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow that's a really biased opinion.

The Ridgeline is a great truck if you aren't an American truck fanboy

The ridgeline has 255HP
can tow 5,000 lbs
can take 1/2 ton in the bed
5 adults can be seated comfortably.
The engine is GREAT It's been trouble free since day one (a few pilots had a porous block but it was a limited number)
The AWD system holds it's own against the others and it totally different from the american's

if you have any other direct questions just ask
Old 12-05-2006, 08:58 AM

Default Re: (Ross 4107)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross 4107 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow that's a really biased opinion.

The ridgeline has 255HP
can tow 5,000 lbs
The engine is GREAT It's been trouble free since day one (a few pilots had a porous block but it was a limited number)
The AWD system holds it's own against the others and it totally different from the american's

if you have any other direct questions just ask</TD></TR></TABLE>

it is heavy and underpowered...and too expensive
Old 12-05-2006, 09:39 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross 4107 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow that's a really biased opinion.

The ridgeline has 255HP
can tow 5,000 lbs

if you have any other direct questions just ask</TD></TR></TABLE>

My Frontier has 265 hp and that thing hauls ****. Ridgeline is of course more weight though to tow around. Xterra only has 180hp and it's a couch.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:20 PM

Default Re: I really want to buy a Ridgeline, worth the $$? (People_Mover)

My friend has one and I test drove it a couple of times. It's is extremely comfy and has plenty of options to choose from. IMO, I think it's good for a daily driven truck that can haul things at times. I give it a .
Old 12-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really want to buy a Ridgeline, worth the $$? (Conclusion)

34k for that thing is ridiculous. You could have a crew cab diesel for that much
Old 12-06-2006, 08:05 AM

Default Re: I really want to buy a Ridgeline, worth the $$? (luciferi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luciferi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">34k for that thing is ridiculous. You could have a crew cab diesel for that much</TD></TR></TABLE>

my sentiments exactly

I am not saying the Ridgeline is a bad vehicle, but IMO it's not that great of truck. It's underpowered and heavy, and it's way too expensive.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I really want to buy a Ridgeline, worth the $$? (Lewie)

I agree it could use some more low-end poke, but even when towing I never feel that mine is underpowered.

I paid just over $30,000 (against an MSRP of $35,190) so there are plenty of deals to be had.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:18 PM
In a Junkyard near you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lewie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

my sentiments exactly

I am not saying the Ridgeline is a bad vehicle, but IMO it's not that great of truck. It's underpowered and heavy, and it's way too expensive.</TD></TR></TABLE>
well keep in mind it's just gen 1. there is more than enough space in the engine bay for two more cylinders
Old 12-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I really want to buy a Ridgeline, worth the $$? (Ross 4107)

i love my ridgeline.

people saying that its underpowered or a P.O.S. more than likely havent driven one. they are really comfy, really functional. its a good truck for what I use it for.

also..... room in the bay for 2 more cylinders indeed. or the comptech supercharger for the current model..... whenever that comes out.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really want to buy a Ridgeline, worth the $$? (STREETWERKZ)

I love my ridgeline also. Ive had nissan/ford trucks, and so far I havent found anything that I cant do with it. Could use some more torque but its fully capable of what honda rated it for.

My favorite part is it doesnt beat you up like a normal truck.. soo smooth and refined.. Almost like driving a nice luxury sedan but you look in the rearview and you have a huge palet of sod or somethin.

Theres rumors theres going to be a turbo diesel version in 2008-9 or so, and a vtec v8 w/ cylinder shutdown in next generation.

Best way to tell if you like it is go drive one. I can say I was expecting it to be slower, it definately is not slow at all. According to some magazines tests they are ranked up there in like the #3 truck spot for 1/4 mile times only edged out by the 5.7L hemi and 5.4L fords by a few 10ths of a second.

Ive hauled everything in mine, The transmission control is amazing to make good use of the engines powerband, especially when hauling something heavy.

Im not saying this replaces all trucks. Personally, If i was going to buy a american brand truck. I would go for a 3/4 ton model w/ a diesel. Otherwise the ridgeline will do most anything you need, and not compromise on comfort. I got a 06 RTL w/ Navigation for $31,700 after about 2 hours of negotiations. Well worth the money, never had a second thought.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:00 PM

Default Re: I really want to buy a Ridgeline, worth the $$? (djdxm)

I'm with Lewie on this.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really want to buy a Ridgeline, worth the $$? (ap)

I have a 06 Pilot and 03 Chevrolet 2500HD and I like them both for different reasons.

Depending on what the OP wants to use his truck for it's hard to recommend either because they are VERY different.

I know the Honda has plenty of power to scoot around in based on my Pilots performance. The Pilot smokes my truck, but that's not why I have my truck obviously
Old 12-08-2006, 12:54 PM

Default Re: I really want to buy a Ridgeline, worth the $$? (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 06 Pilot and 03 Chevrolet 2500HD and I like them both for different reasons.

Depending on what the OP wants to use his truck for it's hard to recommend either because they are VERY different.

I know the Honda has plenty of power to scoot around in based on my Pilots performance. The Pilot smokes my truck, but that's not why I have my truck obviously </TD></TR></TABLE>

You have the LBZ duramax diesel w/ the allison tranny? My friend has one. He got a programmer for it and got 125 extra hp and 250 ft lbs of tq

I have another friend who has a Pilot and I would recommend that as a small SUV for anyone...until the new Buick Enclave or GMC Acadia come out next month.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lewie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You have the LBZ duramax diesel w/ the allison tranny? My friend has one. He got a programmer for it and got 125 extra hp and 250 ft lbs of tq
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wish, I have the SB stroker 6.0L motor. The Duramax was another $8K that I didn't have at the time. I still kick myself in the *** over that decision. I have been helping my uncle put an 07 Duramax (LBZ) w/6speed Allison in his H1 hummer, I drool over that motor tranny combo.

I have another friend who has a Pilot and I would recommend that as a small SUV for anyone...until the new Buick Enclave or GMC Acadia come out next month. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry, can't agree with you on that one
Old 12-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love my ridgeline its my new DD good gas milage and actualyl tows better then expected with 18 ft trailor and a heavy *** prelude still hits over 80mph when towing just doesnt get there as fast as a duramax . I think its a great truck and like all hondas they hold there value which is another thing over looked with alot of the dumbestic trucks/cars. Just my 2cents
Old 12-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm looking into getting an 07 RTL. The Ridgeline drives more like a sport SUV rather than a truck, so depending on what you'll be using this for, that'll be a pro or con. I personally will be using it for winter driving duties and hauling my bike (F4i) to the track. For mostly on-road use, I'd recommend the Ridgeline, because it's so refined on the road.

You might want to consider the Tundra or a GMC if you're going to be towing a LOT and going off-road. But that's the only advantage I see with going with an actual truck.

BTW, people have been getting invoice pricing for their RT/X/S/L. I've heard some people actually got well below invoice! I'm thinking if you're on the East coast, you'll get much better pricing.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:59 AM
Team Purple

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by People_Mover &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sold my Type R and bought a sofa Xterra, then bought a Frontier for the wife and now I want my Honda back. I'm looking at the RTS, but 31K seems a bit steep especially after you throw in 595.00 dealer charge and I'll need to add a roof rack as well for another few hundo. So we're looking at tax, tag, title, around 34K?? My Xterra was only 22K and my Frontier was 24K. Extra 10K really worth it? Are you happy with your Ridgeline? </TD></TR></TABLE>

What up PIMP! Ok, aside from us being poker ballers...

Dude, the Ridgline is so sweet. But that 10K is a bit steep, HOWEVER, all you need to do is play some more NL poker, and VOILA, Ridgeline FTW!
Old 12-11-2006, 02:51 AM
In a Junkyard near you.

Default Re: (P Nut)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by P Nut &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You might want to consider the Tundra or a GMC if you're going to be towing a LOT and going off-road. But that's the only advantage I see with going with an actual truck.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Here i'll agree with you. Car and Driver said that the RL felt the most uneasy offroad and it not having lowrange is a turnoff for me. Even though there is a RL Baja truck they modified the suspension to improve it. If I'm doing serious offroading I'll stick with a Jeep
Old 12-11-2006, 07:21 AM

How the F are you all paying UNDER invoice? What cities are you in? I'm east coaster. Gonna probably test drive one at lunch today
Old 12-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Google ridgeline owners club forum. A lot of people are paying right at invoice or below. Buying at the end of the year has advantages. Plus, East coast has way better pricing than the West.

On that above mentioned forum, one guy got an RTX for $23K! Don't know if you can scam that kind of a deal, though.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (P Nut)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by People_Mover &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How the F are you all paying UNDER invoice? What cities are you in? I'm east coaster. Gonna probably test drive one at lunch today </TD></TR></TABLE>

The local Honda dealer was sitting on a bunch of 06's a few months back and the 07's were on they're way. They want the 06's gone so they were very flexible with us.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:19 AM
Team Purple

Default Re: (People_Mover)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by People_Mover &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How the F are you all paying UNDER invoice? What cities are you in? I'm east coaster. Gonna probably test drive one at lunch today </TD></TR></TABLE>

So how did the test drive go balla?
Old 12-12-2006, 06:44 AM

Default Re: (Honda-Tech Balla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda-Tech Balla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So how did the test drive go balla?</TD></TR></TABLE>

He didn't go, he spent all his money on a Wii off of Ebay and can't afford it anymore.

Quick Reply: I really want to buy a Ridgeline, worth the $$?