Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Honda Service Techs 2007 CR-V

Today was a fun one....

Vehicle: 2007 Honda CR-V
Milage: 2688

Customer Complaint: There is a noise while driving and accelerating, sounds like when a microphone is placed near a speaker. Not duplicated by advisor.

So I take the car up to around highway speeds and acclerate around 45 up to around 60 and I hear the noise a high pitched ringing noise that lasts for about 3-4 seconds and then dissapates. I slow down and try to get the noise again and again getting the noise a few times while test driving it. So I bring the car back in to the garage and have someone rev it to around 3k rpm, where the noise was most prevalent while driving it and I hear the water pump making a the common loud noise that the previous K24 was known for in the previous bodystyle CR-V. So I warrenty a waterpump and replace it. Nope. Not the waterpump. Still have the noise I test drive it again and this time fool around with loading the engine up by turning the A/C on and off and as I do so I notice that the noise is coming and going when the A/C is on (Compressor cycling) which leads me to believe that the compressor clutch may be slipping around 3k rpm when engaging giving me a ringing noise (the A/C pulley harmonically vibrating). So I swap out the compressor which is way easier to remove on the 07 CR-V's than the previous generation. I put a new compressor off of another car we had on the lot. This did not fix the problem either. So, determined to figure out where the problem is I start to take apart the underdash, glovebox, center dashboard trim etc and the noise is noticably louder from inside the car, leading me to believe that even though it is A/C related, something inside the car is vibrating and making the noise. So I get on the phone with Tech Line which tells me that it is a problem that is currently under investigation and it relates to the A/C Expansion Valve within the Evaporator Core. Apparently it is a known problem within Honda but the repair is still being discussed. I was told by Tech Line to evacuate the system and then pull a vacuum on the A/C system for 3 hours which has shown to possibly get rid of the problem. After doing so and recharging the system, the noise still persisted, so as of now I am awaiting a decision as to how to repair the car per Honda's Tech Line. I would order a new expansion valve but I'm waiting to see Honda's decision on the matter first. Just a FYI for you techs out there that may come across a similar noise. I wanted to write this to save you from the headache that I had today. I'll update this with any further info as I get it.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Honda Service Techs 2007 CR-V (Hondacivic90ed)

Appreciate the info
Old 09-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Honda Service Techs 2007 CR-V (IMALLSLO)

Seriously, I wish we had MORE informative posts like this instead of .... "Check out my new DuBBBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: For Honda Service Techs 2007 CR-V (Zapko Motorsports)

Think I wouldve called tech line first before throwing a water pump and compressor on it

Thanks for the heads up
Old 09-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Honda Service Techs 2007 CR-V (Echo7847)

Believe me I would have. I actually had someone waiting on the phone with tech line for over an hour and a half because when I went to submit the info through tech line it would not accept the vin of the car I'm assuming because it was so new, but I have no idea why. I tried putting the vin in several times however it would not accept it, so instead of spinning my wheels there I just called 1 800 82 Honda and pressed 5 so I would be put at the end of the waiting list with a new call and no reference number. I had our express tech sit on the phone while I tried other things. I'm not saying what I did was right but I did what I could.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you submit for a reference # first then when you call you dont have to wait in the que. This speeds things up 100%... Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm good to know
Old 09-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Honda Service Techs 2007 CR-V (jdmitr)

I tried to submit for a reference#, when you are at the tech line screen on the iN, it asks for the original complaint the vin etc. Well when I put the vin of the car in that field, it would not allow me to select a model and it normally would fill in the rest of the fields when you put in the vin. I couldn't select CR-V from the pull down menu. I restarted the computer reopened internet explorer and relogged into iN and it did the same thing. That is why I called without a reference # because I couldn't submit to get one in the first place.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:19 AM

Dear Hondacivic90ed,

We have exactly the same "microphone noise" problem with our CRV 2007.
I took the car to the dealership four times. The last thing they did was replacement of the
expansion valve behind the glovebox which did not fix the problem. The service manager says
that Honda technicians are investigating this problem but still don't know how to fix it. Could
you please tell me if you were able to fix the car you were working on and what the problem was?
I will appreciate any new information on this problem.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have this same noise on long trips. any info?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I_HATE_JDM)

lol... had a cust come in today with this issue...
Old 10-16-2007, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdmitr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmitr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol... had a cust come in today with this issue...</TD></TR></TABLE>odd thing is that it hasnt come back in quite some time.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good to know. never had this issue yet. kinda of topic but i did have a 08 accord 4 door come in for a noise. it was my service managers demo and the noise was almost a bad strut type of nosie. only make sounds when accel and braking. finally got someone on tech line and they told me to use a punch and hammer in the revits on the underside of the car from lift point to lift point. i fixed it.

so did you get paid for the 3 hours of vaccum you put on it?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update. I know of another tech at our dealership that worked on another CR-V with this same problem and he called techline to see if there was any further information out to repair it. As of October '07 there still is no service bulletin or write up on how to repair it. Honda should get their act together I think. People are not too pleased to know their new CR-V, some their first Honda ever is making a noise that Honda can't currently fix. Some have been making this noise since new and the people have several thousand miles on them. Hope to hear some good news soon on this issue.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: (Hondacivic90ed)

Thanks for the update. I have not heard anything back on this issue neither from Honda nor from the dealership service for almost a month. The car still whistles. It is hard to believe that there is no repair
to this problem as they tell me. It is more likely that responsible people at Honda are doing nothing to
address this issue. This is very dissapointing and frustrating. I do not know what to do about this.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nmsoccrv)

Does the noise (or cause of the noise) have an affect on how the car drives or how the AC works?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Tech line has told us to take down the headliner and place felt to remove the vibration noise while in gear while stopped. It's made it quiet but has not gone completely away.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tyte-S)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyte-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does the noise (or cause of the noise) have an affect on how the car drives or how the AC works?</TD></TR></TABLE>doesnt seem to in my case but its annoying as fck. Glad I have good tech guys who will do what it takes to solve it.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:03 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (Hondacivic90ed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondacivic90ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Honda should get their act together I think. People are not too pleased to know their new CR-V, some their first Honda ever is making a noise that Honda can't currently fix.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't agree more. Honda is getting slacker than ever, it takes them months and months to address problems like these. Usually by that time, the techs out in the field have already figured it out for themselves.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:08 PM

Hmm.. That's funny.. I could've sworn I've answered one of these problems a long time ago. But yeah.. That problem still is under investigation.. But you know what..

There is a fix for it.. And when I called Tech Line again about the rather odd fix, they told me not to touch it.. But since I already had the evaporator and expansion valve out, I figured why not, they're paying me anyways..

So I took some advice from a Honda Rep and proceeded to tear apart the expansion valve. Then I tried to separate the little opening that also had some sort of spring in it. I threw it back together, and behold... The noise was gone..

As far as I know, that's the direction that Honda is taking. So they're probably going to come out with a new expansion valve revision.

But yeah, good luck..
Old 01-15-2008, 04:42 AM

Its mid way to FEB, so its been a couple months....Any updates? The whining is driving my wife crazy...she was so excited when she got her 1st new car, and now shes starting to get tired of it. This noise is very annoying and she thinks her car is broken even though i tell her its nothing serious....what a headache, i just want her to be happy with it again.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:00 PM

Default Re: For Honda Service Techs 2007 CR-V (the_dirtking)

I have CR-V 2008 EX-L and am having the same problem when it rains. Two dealers told me that they cannot do anything until Honda of America finish "Investigation". I called Honda of America and they told me they cannot do anything after long and frustrating conversation. What we left is Lemon Law in Washington State (I live in Seattle). Does anybody try with any legal action?

One thing is for sure. I will not buy any Honda again....
Old 01-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Honda Service Techs 2007 CR-V (aJapanese)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aJapanese &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have CR-V 2008 EX-L and am having the same problem when it rains. Two dealers told me that they cannot do anything until Honda of America finish "Investigation". I called Honda of America and they told me they cannot do anything after long and frustrating conversation. What we left is Lemon Law in Washington State (I live in Seattle). Does anybody try with any legal action?

One thing is for sure. I will not buy any Honda again....</TD></TR></TABLE>

so get off honda tech lol... nothing yet i just tried to search it on isis
Old 01-27-2008, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Honda Service Techs 2007 CR-V (SFlCrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aJapanese &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have CR-V 2008 EX-L and am having the same problem when it rains. Two dealers told me that they cannot do anything until Honda of America finish "Investigation". I called Honda of America and they told me they cannot do anything after long and frustrating conversation. What we left is Lemon Law in Washington State (I live in Seattle). Does anybody try with any legal action?

One thing is for sure. I will not buy any Honda again....</TD></TR></TABLE>

jesus christ get off yyour SOAP BOX there....honda is investigating it and will fix it when the time comes....Honda has always been very good about this ....I have a 2007 crv and when it rains its the only time I can barely hear it ....so here is my solution to fix it.....reach over to center console and push on button for radio......

never buy honda agian......phhhsssttttt...whatever....... go buy your domestic crap box
Old 01-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Honda Service Techs 2007 CR-V (diversegsr)

whoever has this problem fixed..please update for the fellow CR-V owners...the problem is for only 07 CR-V's right???

Please put your year of the CR-V..

Quick Reply: For Honda Service Techs 2007 CR-V