Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Oly/Lacey/Tum area

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Oly/Lacey/Tum area

Originally Posted by der schutter
Alright guys I am stumped. My car is running fine and everything but is still burning some water. Pulled the spark plugs and took a look in the cylinders and there looking dry, my oil also still looks as new as the day I bought it. I also have a brand new intake mani gasket. The other odd thing is my crank case vent that I am running to a catch can seams to have a lot of water vapor coming out. Took a look at it today and its all hooked up properly and the black box looks good with no cracks or anything. How could I be burning water out of that but not have water in my oil? I haven't had to fill my coolant up at all either so it can't be a major leek. This doesn't make any sense to me. So I am burning water threw my exhaust and also have water vapor coming from the crank case but my oil is perfect and not loosing a measurable amount of coolant. Any ideas guys? I would be great full for any advice.
possible a coolant passage has a crack in it somewhere letting water into the cylinder:/
Old 06-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I drained all the coolant out of it today. Going to pull off the head tomorrow and take a look at things.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I drained all the coolant out of it today. Going to pull off the head tomorrow and take a look at things.
I still think its weird that it wasn't occuring before the mani switch, which is why I can't figure it out
Old 06-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Everyone!

As my old pappy use to tell me "Drive it hard until it quits!" Then you found your problem! Fix as needed and cal it a day!
Old 06-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's probably what I'll do haha. I'm really wanting to do a turbo build after my next deployment when I have the cash. Just have to wait out another year.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's probably what I'll do haha. I'm really wanting to do a turbo build after my next deployment when I have the cash. Just have to wait out another year.
hell yea man! thats the way to go! you gonna do a mild turbo build or sleeved and forged internals? you gonna stay the dseries rout or go bseries? got a little progress on my build today! got me a huge step closer to being finished i was a little bummed because I didnt think I was gonna be able to keep my OEM front bumper and have to go with an after market race front end due to the fact that my intercooler wouldnt clear my wastegates and my bumper at the same time. but stepping away from this project this last month gave me a new prospective and I was able to keep the factory front bumper!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll probably keep it d series because I have too many d series goodies. Block guard, forged internals, and built head. I would just like to bump that 300whp mark efecently for dailying but be able to turn the boost up if I choose to. Will be plenty of power for a street car. Trying to source out a bare block now to start the bottom end build.

Keeping the factory front end is the way to go man! It's still street legal isn't it?
Old 07-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll probably keep it d series because I have too many d series goodies. Block guard, forged internals, and built head. I would just like to bump that 300whp mark efecently for dailying but be able to turn the boost up if I choose to. Will be plenty of power for a street car. Trying to source out a bare block now to start the bottom end build.

Keeping the factory front end is the way to go man! It's still street legal isn't it?
ditch the block guard.. their junk.. look into cncwerx css cylinder support system. people are making 650+ with no failures to date. its a cheap alternative to sleeving and well priced and WORKS..

chris's car will be drivin on the street.. he's going nuts not being able to drive it haha..I wouldn't be surprised if he drives for a month strait after its done Lol..
Old 07-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by project93hatch
ditch the block guard.. their junk.. look into cncwerx css cylinder support system. people are making 650+ with no failures to date. its a cheap alternative to sleeving and well priced and WORKS..

chris's car will be drivin on the street.. he's going nuts not being able to drive it haha..I wouldn't be surprised if he drives for a month strait after its done Lol..
Or at least until the first ticket lol
Old 07-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes it will and Yes im going nuts im almost done! so close I can taste the race gas right now!

Originally Posted by HuiDC2
Or at least until the first ticket lol
I hate you! But only because your right! LOL

few teaser pics I told frank I would keep it under wraps til its done but I cant! LOL

Last edited by H22AFerio; 07-02-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

CSS looks like a a well proven process at a fair price but I wonder how much it would coast to ship my block to NH. That's the other side of the country!

Damn Chris, your car has come a long way since I first saw it when you were NA. You going to paint your car to match your engine bay?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Happy 4th everyone, have fun be safe
Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

CSS looks like a a well proven process at a fair price but I wonder how much it would coast to ship my block to NH. That's the other side of the country!

Damn Chris, your car has come a long way since I first saw it when you were NA. You going to paint your car to match your engine bay?

Thank you! it has come along way! hopfully this will be the last major over haul for awhile! I want to drive my car im tired of sweeing it parked! LOL

Originally Posted by HuiDC2
Happy 4th everyone, have fun be safe
Same to you bro!

here is a few shots of my new catch can setup! I decided not to go with the used and abused battery catch can that everyone and their grandma has and go a different route!

Old 07-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

chris you need some heat resistant sleeves for those nylon lines on your wastegate. come see me ;-)
Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by reaction360
chris you need some heat resistant sleeves for those nylon lines on your wastegate. come see me ;-)
I do!? well im glad you told me before I got anywhere close to starting it up! what should I use? I would cal you but I busted my phone and I lost you number LOL ill try to swing in on monday or tuesday to talk your ear off
Old 07-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by H22AFerio
I do!? well im glad you told me before I got anywhere close to starting it up! what should I use? I would cal you but I busted my phone and I lost you number LOL ill try to swing in on monday or tuesday to talk your ear off
you got PM with Zol's #
Old 07-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did i say call me? no. I said "come see me" haha. I have some at the shop you can have.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by reaction360
did i say call me? no. I said "come see me" haha. I have some at the shop you can have.
LOL! sounds good buddy I'll swing by and see you in the next few days. thank you!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL! sounds good buddy I'll swing by and see you in the next few days. thank you!
dude don't sweat it ill just come over with my trusty zip ties and zip tie those bad boyz right to the exhaust manifold they'll be fine..
Old 07-09-2013, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dude don't sweat it ill just come over with my trusty zip ties and zip tie those bad boyz right to the exhaust manifold they'll be fine..
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! LOL
Old 07-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 07-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 07-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member